AMERICA/MEXICO - 25 thousand children - missionary disciples at the feast of the Holy Childhood
Toluca (Agenzia Fides) - Today the great missionary feast begins: the XVI National Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (CONIAM), which will be held in the Diocese of Toluca (Mexico).
The event, which takes place from January 30 to February 2, 2014, will be attended by more than 25,000 children and adolescents from different archdioceses and dioceses in the Country. "The organization has been preparing this missionary event for more than six months", said to Fides Father Daniel Millán Gómez, Director of the Diocesan Missions in Toluca.
The sixteenth edition of the Congress has the main objective "to get children and adolescents in Mexico to know and follow Jesus Christ, and thus become Missionary Disciples in a secular and multicultural world".
The XVI CONIAM will see the participation of important ecclesiastical figures such as Cardinal Norberto Rivera Carrera, Archbishop Primate of Mexico, who will preside over the opening Mass today; the Apostolic Nuncio of His Holiness in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre; and His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos, Bishop of the Diocese of Toluca. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014 )
- 2014-04-15 - Tension in the area of Veracruz due to the work of the hydroelectric power plant
- 2014-04-09 - Six out of 10 children live in poverty, laws are being studied to respect the rights of children
- 2014-04-04 - All involved in finding different mechanisms to put an end to violence
- 2014-03-31 - Mgr. Calzada Guerrero’s appeal:The killings in Oaxaca are a strong wake-up call
- 2014-03-28 - The Bishops: stop with threats! The problem in the area of Veracruz can be resolved through dialogue
- 2014-03-24 - Mgr. Pierre for the 50th anniversary of the Diocese of Veracruz: "Re-launch evangelization"
- 2014-03-15 - The complaint of a Bishop: "Corruption strangles bean farmers"
- 2014-03-14 - How to respond to the challenges of the American continent
- 2014-03-05 - The phenomenon of adolescent mothers who drop out of school continues to worsen
- 2014-03-04 - Ash Wednesday: 200 priests go to prisons, to bring hope and encouragement