AMERICA/MEXICO - 25 thousand children - missionary disciples at the feast of the Holy Childhood
Toluca (Agenzia Fides) - Today the great missionary feast begins: the XVI National Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (CONIAM), which will be held in the Diocese of Toluca (Mexico).
The event, which takes place from January 30 to February 2, 2014, will be attended by more than 25,000 children and adolescents from different archdioceses and dioceses in the Country. "The organization has been preparing this missionary event for more than six months", said to Fides Father Daniel Millán Gómez, Director of the Diocesan Missions in Toluca.
The sixteenth edition of the Congress has the main objective "to get children and adolescents in Mexico to know and follow Jesus Christ, and thus become Missionary Disciples in a secular and multicultural world".
The XVI CONIAM will see the participation of important ecclesiastical figures such as Cardinal Norberto Rivera Carrera, Archbishop Primate of Mexico, who will preside over the opening Mass today; the Apostolic Nuncio of His Holiness in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre; and His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos, Bishop of the Diocese of Toluca. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014 )
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration