AMERICA/MEXICO - 25 thousand children - missionary disciples at the feast of the Holy Childhood
Toluca (Agenzia Fides) - Today the great missionary feast begins: the XVI National Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (CONIAM), which will be held in the Diocese of Toluca (Mexico).
The event, which takes place from January 30 to February 2, 2014, will be attended by more than 25,000 children and adolescents from different archdioceses and dioceses in the Country. "The organization has been preparing this missionary event for more than six months", said to Fides Father Daniel Millán Gómez, Director of the Diocesan Missions in Toluca.
The sixteenth edition of the Congress has the main objective "to get children and adolescents in Mexico to know and follow Jesus Christ, and thus become Missionary Disciples in a secular and multicultural world".
The XVI CONIAM will see the participation of important ecclesiastical figures such as Cardinal Norberto Rivera Carrera, Archbishop Primate of Mexico, who will preside over the opening Mass today; the Apostolic Nuncio of His Holiness in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre; and His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos, Bishop of the Diocese of Toluca. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014 )
- 2015-11-18 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The missing priest's body found, he had been set on fire
- 2015-11-17 - Parish priest in Cook has been missing for days
- 2015-11-16 - The child martyrs of Tlaxcala: martyrs of all Latin America
- 2015-11-12 - Minors not allowed to work in the sugarcane fields
- 2015-11-10 - A battlefield where migrants suffer, are attacked, die
- 2015-11-06 - Mgr. Arizmendi inaugurates a house of the migrant in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- 2015-11-05 - Bishops' appeal for peace: "Dialogue with everyone, even with organized crime"
- 2015-11-03 - For the first time in Mexican history a Pope's encyclical will be presented in the Senate
- 2015-10-27 - “Drugs are drugs even when sold as medicines”: the Catholic stance
- 2015-10-27 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Children in mining areas risk lead poisoning