AMERICA/MEXICO - 25 thousand children - missionary disciples at the feast of the Holy Childhood
Toluca (Agenzia Fides) - Today the great missionary feast begins: the XVI National Congress of Missionary Childhood and Adolescence (CONIAM), which will be held in the Diocese of Toluca (Mexico).
The event, which takes place from January 30 to February 2, 2014, will be attended by more than 25,000 children and adolescents from different archdioceses and dioceses in the Country. "The organization has been preparing this missionary event for more than six months", said to Fides Father Daniel Millán Gómez, Director of the Diocesan Missions in Toluca.
The sixteenth edition of the Congress has the main objective "to get children and adolescents in Mexico to know and follow Jesus Christ, and thus become Missionary Disciples in a secular and multicultural world".
The XVI CONIAM will see the participation of important ecclesiastical figures such as Cardinal Norberto Rivera Carrera, Archbishop Primate of Mexico, who will preside over the opening Mass today; the Apostolic Nuncio of His Holiness in Mexico, His Exc. Mgr. Christophe Pierre; and His Exc. Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos, Bishop of the Diocese of Toluca. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014 )
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care