ASIA/IRAQ – A Christian killed for his refusal to build silencers for firearms
Mosul (Agenzia Fides) - Laith Hadi Behnam was a 57-year- old and was a Christian of Syriac Orthodox confession of Mosul. On Wednesday 29 January, his unknown assassins killed him with a gun in his workshop located in the industrial area of al-Karama, in the western part of the city. According to the reconstruction provided by the website Syriac ankawa.com, the man was shot after his refusal to design and implement silencers to firearms. Laith Hadi was known by all as a mechanic expert.
Laith Hadi was married and had a 16-year-old child. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014).
ASIA/IRAQ – A CHRISTIAN KILLED FOR HIS REFUSAL TO BUILD SILENCERS FOR FIREARMS
- 2014-11-20 - New jihadist blackmail for Christians in Mosul: If you do not pay, your houses will be blown up
- 2014-11-20 - Chaldean Patriarch to Muslims: The barbarous acts committed in the name of Islam recalls Nazism. And your reactions are weak
- 2014-11-19 - Christian houses looted also by the Kurdish Peshmerga militias
- 2014-11-11 - A Mass celebrated again in the Nineveh Plain
- 2014-11-11 - Displaced persons remain isolated and without support due to violence
- 2014-11-07 - The furniture of Christian homes put up for sale in the markets of Mosul
- 2014-11-06 - The Chaldean diocese of Erbil conducts a census of the refugees who fled from the Nineveh Plain
- 2014-11-04 - The Church of St. Ephrem in Mosul could soon be transformed into a mosque
- 2014-11-03 - The Chaldean Patriarch: from Iraqi Premier full support to the Christian communities
- 2014-10-29 - More than 700 Christian families among the refugees welcomed in Baghdad,