ASIA/IRAQ – A Christian killed for his refusal to build silencers for firearms
Mosul (Agenzia Fides) - Laith Hadi Behnam was a 57-year- old and was a Christian of Syriac Orthodox confession of Mosul. On Wednesday 29 January, his unknown assassins killed him with a gun in his workshop located in the industrial area of al-Karama, in the western part of the city. According to the reconstruction provided by the website Syriac ankawa.com, the man was shot after his refusal to design and implement silencers to firearms. Laith Hadi was known by all as a mechanic expert.
Laith Hadi was married and had a 16-year-old child. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014).
ASIA/IRAQ – A CHRISTIAN KILLED FOR HIS REFUSAL TO BUILD SILENCERS FOR FIREARMS
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected
- 2015-10-01 - The Synod of the Chaldean Church convened in Rome at the end of October
- 2015-09-28 - The New Assyrian Patriarch during the inauguration ceremony: religious language must be put at the service of peace
- 2015-09-21 - New Assyrian Patriarch elected. And the patriarchal seat could return to Iraq
- 2015-09-14 - Nineveh Plain, Christians in Alqosh in procession for the feast of the Holy Cross
- 2015-09-10 - Inauguaration of the Diocesan Museum in Bassora
- 2015-08-31 - Chaldean Patriarchate delivers a dossier on the abuses suffered by Christians in Baghdad to the authorities
- 2015-08-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to Iraqi political leaders: integrate the voluntary militias in the army
- 2015-08-24 - A committee against abuse and violence against Christians has been set up