ASIA/IRAQ – A Christian killed for his refusal to build silencers for firearms
Mosul (Agenzia Fides) - Laith Hadi Behnam was a 57-year- old and was a Christian of Syriac Orthodox confession of Mosul. On Wednesday 29 January, his unknown assassins killed him with a gun in his workshop located in the industrial area of al-Karama, in the western part of the city. According to the reconstruction provided by the website Syriac ankawa.com, the man was shot after his refusal to design and implement silencers to firearms. Laith Hadi was known by all as a mechanic expert.
Laith Hadi was married and had a 16-year-old child. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014).
- 2014-09-13 - The school year in the Islamic Caliphate: the teaching of Syriac and Christian names of schools have been abolished
- 2014-09-11 - ASIA/IRAQ – Air raids hit areas adjacent to two churches in Mosul
- 2014-09-10 - Syrian Catholic priest says: Christians will return to the Plain of Ninive only when and if Mosul is freed
- 2014-09-05 - Head of Caritas Lebanon: we welcome Iraqi Christian refugees, but they are determined to leave the Middle East
- 2014-09-04 - Chaldean Catholic Patriarch: to free Ninive province we need a peacekeeping operation and Christians enrolled in local police force
- 2014-08-22 - Cardinal Fernando Filoni: my mission among the sufferings of the Iraqi brothers
- 2014-08-20 - Barzani: ready to arm Christian volunteers
- 2014-07-31 - Mosul, signs of revolt against the "Islamic Caliphate". Bishop Nona: So far no church has been destroyed
- 2014-07-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Pope Francis calls the Chaldean Patriarch. Rumors about the destruction of churches in Mosul have been denied
- 2014-07-23 - Iraqi Bishops appeal to the Prime Minister and the government: "stop the catastrophe"