ASIA/IRAQ – A Christian killed for his refusal to build silencers for firearms
Mosul (Agenzia Fides) - Laith Hadi Behnam was a 57-year- old and was a Christian of Syriac Orthodox confession of Mosul. On Wednesday 29 January, his unknown assassins killed him with a gun in his workshop located in the industrial area of al-Karama, in the western part of the city. According to the reconstruction provided by the website Syriac ankawa.com, the man was shot after his refusal to design and implement silencers to firearms. Laith Hadi was known by all as a mechanic expert.
Laith Hadi was married and had a 16-year-old child. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014).
ASIA/IRAQ – A CHRISTIAN KILLED FOR HIS REFUSAL TO BUILD SILENCERS FOR FIREARMS
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"
- 2015-05-04 - Chaldean Patriarch opens discussion on the draft Constitution for the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- 2015-05-02 - Military offensive to free the province of Nineveh. Chaldean priest: "Christians want to return to their homes"
- 2015-04-13 - Northern Iraq's displaced get own radio station
- 2015-03-30 - The Chaldean Church participates in the mourning for the death of Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV
- 2015-03-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to the UN: the "Arab Spring" impacted negatively on Christians
- 2015-03-16 - Chaldean Patriarch: a law against preachers who incite violence is needed
- 2015-03-12 - The monastery of St. George in Mosul damaged, but not destroyed
- 2015-03-10 - Appeal of the Chaldean Patriarch: the offensive against the Caliphate causes new humanitarian emergencies
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University