ASIA/IRAQ – A Christian killed for his refusal to build silencers for firearms
Mosul (Agenzia Fides) - Laith Hadi Behnam was a 57-year- old and was a Christian of Syriac Orthodox confession of Mosul. On Wednesday 29 January, his unknown assassins killed him with a gun in his workshop located in the industrial area of al-Karama, in the western part of the city. According to the reconstruction provided by the website Syriac ankawa.com, the man was shot after his refusal to design and implement silencers to firearms. Laith Hadi was known by all as a mechanic expert.
Laith Hadi was married and had a 16-year-old child. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014).
- 2014-04-16 - Chaldean Patriarch Sako's Easter Message, with a thought to the elections
- 2014-04-09 - Death of the Chaldean Patriarch emeritus Emmanuel III Delly.
- 2014-04-07 - Chaldean League: debate on the statutes and internal organization has begun
- 2014-04-04 - A special prayer for the elections will be recited in all the Chaldean churches
- 2014-03-27 - UN Mission in Iraq: without respect for minorities, there is no democracy
- 2014-03-24 - The Heads of Churches to all Christians: let us participate in the elections
- 2014-03-10 - The Chaldean Church in aid of displaced people of Fallujah and Ramadi
- 2014-03-03 - Political leader denounces: the lands of Christians who emigrated plundered with the complicity of corrupt officials
- 2014-02-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Iraq’s Catholic Bishops insist: we must react to the violence destroying our nation
- 2014-02-24 - Patriarch Sako: A Lenten Season of fasting and prayer that Christians in Iraq will not emigrate