ASIA/CHINA - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - Several mainland Chinese Catholic communities are taking advantage of the winter and New Year holidays to organize formation initiatives for young people, migrant workers, students or young couples, for vocational animation, evangelization and witness of faith.
According to information which Fides collected, more than 500 faithful of the Diocese of Zhou Zhi, in the province of Shaani Xi, participated in the biblical formation sessions from January 23 to 25. Among them were migrant workers and college students who returned home for the New Year, but also farmers.
Led by priests and religious, they prayed and studied the Scriptures together, and took part in the celebration of the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist. During the missionary mandate that concluded the meetings, they expressed their desire and their availability to the mission and to be witnesses of Christ in society.
The youth of the Diocese of Nan Chong, in Si Chuan province, reflected on the theme of vocation on January 25, when the Church commemorates the conversion of St. Paul, referring to the vocation of the Apostle. The priests who accompanied them talked about their vocational journey, encouraging them to respond generously to the Lord's call.
From January 24 to 26 young married couples of the parish of Da Bei, in the diocese of Tai Yuann, instead wanted to share their marriage experience. The aim of this initiative is to promote the value of life and of Christian marriage, helping young married couples to bear witness to their faith in daily life. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014)
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer
- 2014-12-02 - The Year of Consecrated Life begins: witnesses of hope in the future