ASIA/CHINA - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
Shi Jia Zhuang (Agenzia Fides) - Several mainland Chinese Catholic communities are taking advantage of the winter and New Year holidays to organize formation initiatives for young people, migrant workers, students or young couples, for vocational animation, evangelization and witness of faith.
According to information which Fides collected, more than 500 faithful of the Diocese of Zhou Zhi, in the province of Shaani Xi, participated in the biblical formation sessions from January 23 to 25. Among them were migrant workers and college students who returned home for the New Year, but also farmers.
Led by priests and religious, they prayed and studied the Scriptures together, and took part in the celebration of the sacraments of Reconciliation and the Eucharist. During the missionary mandate that concluded the meetings, they expressed their desire and their availability to the mission and to be witnesses of Christ in society.
The youth of the Diocese of Nan Chong, in Si Chuan province, reflected on the theme of vocation on January 25, when the Church commemorates the conversion of St. Paul, referring to the vocation of the Apostle. The priests who accompanied them talked about their vocational journey, encouraging them to respond generously to the Lord's call.
From January 24 to 26 young married couples of the parish of Da Bei, in the diocese of Tai Yuann, instead wanted to share their marriage experience. The aim of this initiative is to promote the value of life and of Christian marriage, helping young married couples to bear witness to their faith in daily life. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 30/01/2014)
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 - ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year