AMERICA/COSTA RICA – The Bishops' appeal before the vote on February 2: Choose the deputies with attention
Alajuela (Agenzia Fides) - The representatives of the Catholic Church in Costa Rica have asked the faithful to pay close attention to the choice of the deputies rather than the President, in the upcoming election on February 2. "The most important thing is not the president. For us it is the legislature.
According to the note sent to Fides, the recommendation had already appeared in the Bishops' document entitled "Re-instate politics", in which the Catholic Bishops' Conference established the criteria with which "to illuminate" the electoral choice. In some dioceses, such as that of Carthage, in the months of December and January all parish groups were convened to discuss the document in weekly or biweekly meetings (see Fides 20/11/2013).
Among the eight criteria highlighted by the Bishops to assess various political proposals, in first place there is the respect for life, which also includes the right to life before birth. "No one can dispose of their own life or that of others. Defending this law is the basis for a truly democratic society", says the document of the Episcopal Conference. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/01/2014)
AMERICA/COSTA RICA – THE BISHOPS' APPEAL BEFORE THE VOTE ON FEBRUARY 2: CHOOSE THE DEPUTIES WITH ATTENTION
- 2015-08-04 - AMERICA/COSTA RICA –La Negrita celebrations: the local Catholic Church calls for intervention in favour of the family
- 2015-03-02 - Unexpected increase of cases of rotavirus in children: a thousand a week
- 2014-12-23 - Entrepreneurial initiatives for poor women
- 2014-12-17 - The campaign against hunger begins again, especially to help poor families
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/COSTA RICA – Poverty and violence afflict 34% of Costa Rica’s children
- 2014-09-09 - Solidarity initiative to prevent child abuse and maltreatment
- 2014-07-23 - The chicungunya virus continues to alarm Latin American Countries
- 2014-06-12 - More than 47 thousand children suffer violence and are forced to work
- 2014-06-09 - Over 47 000 boys and girls exploited for child labor
- 2014-04-07 - Presidential elections: the Bishops urge unity for peace, solidarity, justice and holiness