ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai: Tripoli will not give in to the spiral of sectarian violence
Bkerké (Agenzia Fides) - The city of Tripoli should not become "a victim of political conflicts", and its inhabitants do not have to follow "the path of violence, which has never led to positive results". This is what the Patriarch of Antioch of the Maronites Boutros Bechara Rai said about the sectarian violence that is devastating the coastal city of northern Lebanon, to a delegation of residents from Tripoli who were received in audience by the Head of the Maronite Church on Thursday morning, January 23.
The new series of bloody clashes between Alawites and Sunnis in Lebanon's second largest city started on Friday, January 17, and has already caused at least 7 deaths and 60 wounded. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2014)
- 2014-03-11 ASIA/LEBANON-Maronite Church: to encourage organ donation
- 2014-02-15 ASIA/LEBANON - The reduction of lands belonging to Christians continues
- 2014-02-10 ASIA/LEBANON - Feast of St. Maron, the Lebanese reflect on the "Bkerké Charter"
- 2014-02-05 ASIA/LEBANON - The victims of the Armenian Genocide will be canonized
- 2014-02-01 ASIA/LEBANON - Maronite priest Paul Karam new President of Caritas Lebanon
- 2014-01-23 ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai: Tripoli will not give in to the spiral of sectarian violence
- 2014-01-10 ASIA/LEBANON - The Missionary Childhood children in Lebanon help Syrian refugee children
- 2014-01-09 ASIA/LEBANON - Maronite Bishops: Lebanon looks like the Prometheus of the Middle East
- 2014-01-03 ASIA/LEBANON - The Maronite Church is against the formation of a fait accompli government and the postponement of presidential elections
- 2013-12-21 ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai: some lawyers help Catholics to convert in order to divorce