AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church engaged "with the victims of violence and in rebuilding the social fabric"
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of Mexico call on the authorities to solve the problem of violence that is plaguing the community in different parts of the country, so that people "can live in peace". The note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), recalls that to achieve peace, coordinated effort of all to resolve the situation in a comprehensive and inclusive manner is required.
The Mexican Bishops express solidarity with Mgr. Miguel Patiño Velázquez, Bishop of Apatzingán, who in his pastoral Letter of 15 January (see Fides 17/01/2014) pointed out that "people expect more effective action on behalf of the State against those who are causing this chaos". The document was presented at the end of the seventh session of the Permanent Council of CEM, composed of the President's Council and the Bishops representing the 18 ecclesiastical provinces of the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2014)
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"
- 2014-10-21 - When you do not respect the right of even one person, it jeopardizes the right of all
- 2014-10-21 - 2000 children have been killed or maimed between 2006 and 2014
- 2014-10-15 - "Never accept violence as a solution", warns Mgr. Lona Reyes who proposes a prayer campaign
- 2014-10-14 - Bishops on the Iguala case: "clarify what happened, the truth is the path to justice"
- 2014-10-10 - The tragedy of Iguala and its consequences: a letter from the Archbishop of Acapulco
- 2014-10-09 - Corrupt policemen and climate of mistrust, the Bishop of La Paz denounces the silence of the authorities
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction