AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church engaged "with the victims of violence and in rebuilding the social fabric"
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of Mexico call on the authorities to solve the problem of violence that is plaguing the community in different parts of the country, so that people "can live in peace". The note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), recalls that to achieve peace, coordinated effort of all to resolve the situation in a comprehensive and inclusive manner is required.
The Mexican Bishops express solidarity with Mgr. Miguel Patiño Velázquez, Bishop of Apatzingán, who in his pastoral Letter of 15 January (see Fides 17/01/2014) pointed out that "people expect more effective action on behalf of the State against those who are causing this chaos". The document was presented at the end of the seventh session of the Permanent Council of CEM, composed of the President's Council and the Bishops representing the 18 ecclesiastical provinces of the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2014)
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft