AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church engaged "with the victims of violence and in rebuilding the social fabric"
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of Mexico call on the authorities to solve the problem of violence that is plaguing the community in different parts of the country, so that people "can live in peace". The note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), recalls that to achieve peace, coordinated effort of all to resolve the situation in a comprehensive and inclusive manner is required.
The Mexican Bishops express solidarity with Mgr. Miguel Patiño Velázquez, Bishop of Apatzingán, who in his pastoral Letter of 15 January (see Fides 17/01/2014) pointed out that "people expect more effective action on behalf of the State against those who are causing this chaos". The document was presented at the end of the seventh session of the Permanent Council of CEM, composed of the President's Council and the Bishops representing the 18 ecclesiastical provinces of the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2014)
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend
- 2015-06-13 - A card to distinguish true priests from false priests
- 2015-06-11 - The Bishops invite the winners of the elections to fulfil the promises made
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination