AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church engaged "with the victims of violence and in rebuilding the social fabric"
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of Mexico call on the authorities to solve the problem of violence that is plaguing the community in different parts of the country, so that people "can live in peace". The note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), recalls that to achieve peace, coordinated effort of all to resolve the situation in a comprehensive and inclusive manner is required.
The Mexican Bishops express solidarity with Mgr. Miguel Patiño Velázquez, Bishop of Apatzingán, who in his pastoral Letter of 15 January (see Fides 17/01/2014) pointed out that "people expect more effective action on behalf of the State against those who are causing this chaos". The document was presented at the end of the seventh session of the Permanent Council of CEM, composed of the President's Council and the Bishops representing the 18 ecclesiastical provinces of the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2014)
- 2014-09-29 - Prevention and relief centers: the Church committed against addiction
- 2014-09-24 - Priest found dead in the river Balsas
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop