AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church engaged "with the victims of violence and in rebuilding the social fabric"
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of Mexico call on the authorities to solve the problem of violence that is plaguing the community in different parts of the country, so that people "can live in peace". The note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), recalls that to achieve peace, coordinated effort of all to resolve the situation in a comprehensive and inclusive manner is required.
The Mexican Bishops express solidarity with Mgr. Miguel Patiño Velázquez, Bishop of Apatzingán, who in his pastoral Letter of 15 January (see Fides 17/01/2014) pointed out that "people expect more effective action on behalf of the State against those who are causing this chaos". The document was presented at the end of the seventh session of the Permanent Council of CEM, composed of the President's Council and the Bishops representing the 18 ecclesiastical provinces of the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2014)
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children