AMERICA/MEXICO - The Church engaged "with the victims of violence and in rebuilding the social fabric"
Mexico City (Agenzia Fides) - The Bishops of Mexico call on the authorities to solve the problem of violence that is plaguing the community in different parts of the country, so that people "can live in peace". The note sent to Fides Agency by the Episcopal Conference of Mexico (CEM), recalls that to achieve peace, coordinated effort of all to resolve the situation in a comprehensive and inclusive manner is required.
The Mexican Bishops express solidarity with Mgr. Miguel Patiño Velázquez, Bishop of Apatzingán, who in his pastoral Letter of 15 January (see Fides 17/01/2014) pointed out that "people expect more effective action on behalf of the State against those who are causing this chaos". The document was presented at the end of the seventh session of the Permanent Council of CEM, composed of the President's Council and the Bishops representing the 18 ecclesiastical provinces of the country. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 23/01/2014)
- 2015-09-30 - Parish canteen transformed into a hall to exhibit the photographs of missing persons
- 2015-09-28 - Mgr. Arizmendi on the events in Chiapas: "Yes to protest, but never with violence"
- 2015-09-26 - "No one can remain indifferent". A year ago, the massacre of 43 students in Iguala
- 2015-09-25 - Proposal for reform to combat the poverty of 20 million children
- 2015-09-21 - Free surgeries for children and adults with cleft lip and palate
- 2015-09-15 - "In Mexico there is no real administration of justice" says the Archdiocese of Mexico
- 2015-09-08 - Meeting of the Bishops of Mexico and the United States on the expulsion of immigrants
- 2015-09-04 - May our nation be an open space for respectable migration, in justice and peace
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth