EUROPE/SPAIN - "Invisible Victims": meeting of the Network for the fight against human trafficking
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - The biennial meeting of the members of Christian Organisations Against Trafficking in Human Beings (COATNET – in English) ends today, 22 January, which brought together in Madrid 60 experts from organizations around the world, to discuss the lines to follow in their work. The meeting, jointly organized by Caritas Spanish and Caritas Internationalis, has as main objective the exchange of experiences among the participants, the promotion of common work in the international network and, for this meeting, the particular commitment in Latin America.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, the issue of human trafficking for work exploitation, strategies for improving the operational capabilities of the different organizations of the Network in identifying cases of trafficking for domestic servitude, as well as agreeing on a work plan for the period 2014-2015 were analyzed in different working sessions.
Many delegations are waiting for a signal of encouragement to continue to fight human trafficking more effectively in their own countries, a phenomenon that, despite the efforts, seems to be increasing in Latin American countries. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/01/2014)
- 2015-03-31 - UNHCR report: Almost 6000 applications for asylum in Spain in 2014
- 2015-03-25 - March 26: Day of Prayer for Peace in the fifth centenary of Saint Teresa
- 2015-03-20 - Every minute a child dies due to lack of drinking water
- 2015-03-16 - Pastor of the Shrine of Virxe do Cristal killed
- 2015-03-10 - Migration: "The Church is the critical conscience before the authorities"
- 2015-03-02 - Not always employment is the way out of social exclusion
- 2015-02-26 - Despite the crisis, the PMS in Spain has increased the support for missions by 20%
- 2015-02-13 - "The way we treat immigrants today will leave a mark in our history"
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe