EUROPE/SPAIN - "Invisible Victims": meeting of the Network for the fight against human trafficking
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - The biennial meeting of the members of Christian Organisations Against Trafficking in Human Beings (COATNET – in English) ends today, 22 January, which brought together in Madrid 60 experts from organizations around the world, to discuss the lines to follow in their work. The meeting, jointly organized by Caritas Spanish and Caritas Internationalis, has as main objective the exchange of experiences among the participants, the promotion of common work in the international network and, for this meeting, the particular commitment in Latin America.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, the issue of human trafficking for work exploitation, strategies for improving the operational capabilities of the different organizations of the Network in identifying cases of trafficking for domestic servitude, as well as agreeing on a work plan for the period 2014-2015 were analyzed in different working sessions.
Many delegations are waiting for a signal of encouragement to continue to fight human trafficking more effectively in their own countries, a phenomenon that, despite the efforts, seems to be increasing in Latin American countries. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/01/2014)
- 2014-10-17 - While 805 million people suffer from hunger, 30% of food is wasted
- 2014-10-09 - "Now it is not possible to stop us": campaign against child mortality
- 2014-10-08 - V Centenary of St. Teresa of Jesus
- 2014-09-26 - Another Spanish missionary doctor suffering from ebola died in Madrid
- 2014-08-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Celebration for 484 missionaries of Palencia around the world
- 2014-07-22 - March for solidarity: 1600 million unemployed and 400 million young slaves in the world
- 2014-07-01 - The emerging phenomenon of women who are victims of sexual exploitation and trafficking
- 2014-05-23 - 'Sueños de un niño soldado': project of a school for child soldiers in North Kivu
- 2014-05-20 - "Ad gentes Missionary vocation", the main form of missionary cooperation
- 2014-05-02 - More than half a million women die each year in developing Countries during pregnancy and childbirth tneestneestnenestndneatnjdneat