EUROPE/SPAIN - "Invisible Victims": meeting of the Network for the fight against human trafficking
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - The biennial meeting of the members of Christian Organisations Against Trafficking in Human Beings (COATNET – in English) ends today, 22 January, which brought together in Madrid 60 experts from organizations around the world, to discuss the lines to follow in their work. The meeting, jointly organized by Caritas Spanish and Caritas Internationalis, has as main objective the exchange of experiences among the participants, the promotion of common work in the international network and, for this meeting, the particular commitment in Latin America.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, the issue of human trafficking for work exploitation, strategies for improving the operational capabilities of the different organizations of the Network in identifying cases of trafficking for domestic servitude, as well as agreeing on a work plan for the period 2014-2015 were analyzed in different working sessions.
Many delegations are waiting for a signal of encouragement to continue to fight human trafficking more effectively in their own countries, a phenomenon that, despite the efforts, seems to be increasing in Latin American countries. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/01/2014)
- 2014-04-04 - An army of women and children who collect garbage to earn a living
- 2014-03-06 - Seven out of ten poor people in the world are women who have no rights and education
- 2014-01-22 - "Invisible Victims": meeting of the Network for the fight against human trafficking
- 2013-09-24 - The Year of Faith: Catechesis of the Bishop of Palencia for the internet
- 2013-08-20 - The number of Spanish families assisted by Caritas exceeds that of immigrants
- 2013-07-17 - Educational programs for 250,000 blind children around the world
- 2013-06-04 - Millions of children sold as slaves around the world
- 2013-05-24 - Africa Day: Economic growth is not reflected on the population
- 2013-03-14 - Enthusiasm for the new Pope and waiting for further progress against hunger and poverty
- 2013-02-28 - Hispanic-American Day: "America, Doors open to the mission"