EUROPE/SPAIN - "Invisible Victims": meeting of the Network for the fight against human trafficking
Madrid (Agenzia Fides) - The biennial meeting of the members of Christian Organisations Against Trafficking in Human Beings (COATNET – in English) ends today, 22 January, which brought together in Madrid 60 experts from organizations around the world, to discuss the lines to follow in their work. The meeting, jointly organized by Caritas Spanish and Caritas Internationalis, has as main objective the exchange of experiences among the participants, the promotion of common work in the international network and, for this meeting, the particular commitment in Latin America.
According to the note sent to Fides Agency, the issue of human trafficking for work exploitation, strategies for improving the operational capabilities of the different organizations of the Network in identifying cases of trafficking for domestic servitude, as well as agreeing on a work plan for the period 2014-2015 were analyzed in different working sessions.
Many delegations are waiting for a signal of encouragement to continue to fight human trafficking more effectively in their own countries, a phenomenon that, despite the efforts, seems to be increasing in Latin American countries. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/01/2014)
- 2015-01-09 - Bishops appeal to the government: listen to immigrants before expelling them
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Fund raising Christmas markets in aid of HIV positive and abused children in Zimbabwe
- 2014-12-04 - EUROPE/SPAIN – Missionaries victims of Ebola: we remember our missionaries, what they do and for whom they work
- 2014-10-31 - Alarm tuberculosis: outdated policies will not be able to stop the peak of TB drug-resistant strains
- 2014-10-31 - Caritas Spain receives an award "for the defense of the rights of the people"
- 2014-10-23 - Every year 100,000 Christians die because of religious persecution
- 2014-10-23 - Concerned about "our" problems, while thousands of people die every day
- 2014-10-17 - While 805 million people suffer from hunger, 30% of food is wasted
- 2014-10-09 - "Now it is not possible to stop us": campaign against child mortality
- 2014-10-08 - V Centenary of St. Teresa of Jesus