ASIA/MYANMAR - The Country releases child soldiers recruited in civil wars and armed conflicts
Naypaidó (Agenzia Fides) - The army in Myanmar has released about 272 child soldiers from its ranks. This is what the United Nations reported after the recent release of a group of 96 minors. Myanmar is among the countries where the exploitation of child soldiers in civil wars and armed conflicts is prohibited. In June 2012 the new authorities signed an agreement to gradually end the recruitment of minors and it seems that the rule is being respected. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 21/01/2014)
- 2015-11-24 - Cardinal Bo: "A year of mercy for Myanmar"
- 2015-11-21 - Cardinal Bo: "A nation on the threshold of hope"
- 2015-11-17 - The victory of the National League for Democracy confirmed
- 2015-11-11 - Aung San Suu Kyi’s party wins: now national reconciliation
- 2015-11-10 - The Church: "After the elections, new hope for a future of unity in the nation"
- 2015-11-06 - Appeal for tolerance and respect for human rights during elections
- 2015-11-05 - Cardinal Bo: "Voting is a pilgrimage of hope"
- 2015-10-30 - Respect and coexistence as the basis for democracy
- 2015-09-25 - Cardinal Bo: "free and transparent elections"
- 2015-08-05 - Thousands of victims because of heavy flooding