ASIA/MYANMAR - The Country releases child soldiers recruited in civil wars and armed conflicts
Naypaidó (Agenzia Fides) - The army in Myanmar has released about 272 child soldiers from its ranks. This is what the United Nations reported after the recent release of a group of 96 minors. Myanmar is among the countries where the exploitation of child soldiers in civil wars and armed conflicts is prohibited. In June 2012 the new authorities signed an agreement to gradually end the recruitment of minors and it seems that the rule is being respected. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 21/01/2014)
- 2015-08-05 - Thousands of victims because of heavy flooding
- 2015-07-23 - ASIA/MYANMAR – Blasphemy laws undermine the rule of law
- 2015-07-20 - Cardinal Bo to the leaders of the nation: "Be good parents"
- 2015-05-28 - Radical Buddhist groups: "The Rohingya are not Burmese"
- 2015-05-25 - ASIA/MYANMAR – Cardinal Bo to the Burmese Government: "Compassion and mercy towards the boat people"
- 2015-03-04 - Cardinal Bo: "The seven swords that pierce Mary's heart in Myanmar"
- 2015-01-29 - "Remove a cross in the state of Chin": the order worries Christians
- 2015-01-23 - No to impunity for rape and murder of Kachin women
- 2015-01-08 - The Church joyfully welcomes the appointment of the first Burmese Cardinal in history
- 2014-11-25 - In the process of reforms underway, even the release of child soldiers