AMERICA/MEXICO – The police officer accused of threatening the clergy has been stopped
Mexico (Agenzia Fides) - The Attorney General of the Federal District of Mexico has stopped Juan Carlos "N", a police agent of the municipal of Tultitlán (State of Mexico), accused of extortion to members of the Conciliar Seminary of Mexico, that had been denounced by the Archbishop of Mexico City, Cardinal Norberto Rivera, at the end of last year.
The person in question, according to the note sent to Fides, had a criminal record and according to initial investigations, seems to have participated in more than 230 cases of extortion.
The Church in Mexico thus demonstrates once again of sharing the same fate of many Mexicans who are subject to this type of violence by organized crime or delinquency. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/01/2014)
AMERICA/MEXICO – THE POLICE OFFICER ACCUSED OF THREATENING THE CLERGY HAS BEEN STOPPED
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"