AMERICA/MEXICO – The police officer accused of threatening the clergy has been stopped
Mexico (Agenzia Fides) - The Attorney General of the Federal District of Mexico has stopped Juan Carlos "N", a police agent of the municipal of Tultitlán (State of Mexico), accused of extortion to members of the Conciliar Seminary of Mexico, that had been denounced by the Archbishop of Mexico City, Cardinal Norberto Rivera, at the end of last year.
The person in question, according to the note sent to Fides, had a criminal record and according to initial investigations, seems to have participated in more than 230 cases of extortion.
The Church in Mexico thus demonstrates once again of sharing the same fate of many Mexicans who are subject to this type of violence by organized crime or delinquency. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/01/2014)
AMERICA/MEXICO – THE POLICE OFFICER ACCUSED OF THREATENING THE CLERGY HAS BEEN STOPPED
- 2014-12-22 - The Apostolic Nuncio celebrates Mass for the families of the students who have disappeared from Ayotzinapa
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala