AMERICA/MEXICO – The police officer accused of threatening the clergy has been stopped
Mexico (Agenzia Fides) - The Attorney General of the Federal District of Mexico has stopped Juan Carlos "N", a police agent of the municipal of Tultitlán (State of Mexico), accused of extortion to members of the Conciliar Seminary of Mexico, that had been denounced by the Archbishop of Mexico City, Cardinal Norberto Rivera, at the end of last year.
The person in question, according to the note sent to Fides, had a criminal record and according to initial investigations, seems to have participated in more than 230 cases of extortion.
The Church in Mexico thus demonstrates once again of sharing the same fate of many Mexicans who are subject to this type of violence by organized crime or delinquency. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/01/2014)
AMERICA/MEXICO – THE POLICE OFFICER ACCUSED OF THREATENING THE CLERGY HAS BEEN STOPPED
- 2015-08-03 - Solidarity Prize: Spanish Bishops in favour of Las Patronas candidature
- 2015-07-27 - Mariachi Zombie: amusing animated television series discredits bad zombie myth
- 2015-07-22 - Truth, justice, forgiveness and reconciliation: the pillars of peace promoted by the Church
- 2015-07-20 - Young Chiapas form an orchestra with pre-Hispanic instruments
- 2015-07-14 - Bishops on the escape of El Chapo, "we are not naive, we must eradicate corruption"
- 2015-07-13 - "Corruption spreads when transparency remains only good intentions": the Catholic voice before the scandals
- 2015-07-02 - A recreational project for indigenous children of different ethnicities
- 2015-07-02 - Widespread violence does not spare even three elderly nuns
- 2015-06-25 - Periodic monitoring of the situation of migrants, joint efforts of government and Church
- 2015-06-15 - Bishop of Mazatlan’s appeal after the violence perpetrated during the weekend