AMERICA/MEXICO – The police officer accused of threatening the clergy has been stopped
Mexico (Agenzia Fides) - The Attorney General of the Federal District of Mexico has stopped Juan Carlos "N", a police agent of the municipal of Tultitlán (State of Mexico), accused of extortion to members of the Conciliar Seminary of Mexico, that had been denounced by the Archbishop of Mexico City, Cardinal Norberto Rivera, at the end of last year.
The person in question, according to the note sent to Fides, had a criminal record and according to initial investigations, seems to have participated in more than 230 cases of extortion.
The Church in Mexico thus demonstrates once again of sharing the same fate of many Mexicans who are subject to this type of violence by organized crime or delinquency. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/01/2014)
AMERICA/MEXICO – THE POLICE OFFICER ACCUSED OF THREATENING THE CLERGY HAS BEEN STOPPED
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase