ASIA/CHINA - "Heart to Heart": a heart that continues to beat to support the vocational path
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - "Heart to Heart" is the name of the Group that supports vocations in the parish of Bei Tang of the Archdiocese of Shaan Xi, in mainland China, born in 2009. According to information collected by Fides Agency, the group was born almost by accident, following the visit of some lay people to an elderly priest. They had brought some wool garments for him to wear in the cold weather, but the priest said, "I am old now, I’d rather you brought them to my seminarians". They then went to the Seminary, without giving much weight to the priest’s words, but when they arrived there, they were surprised: the seminarians in fact lived without any heating, without warm clothes, without being able to adequately feed themselves to tackle the icy cold weather of the central plains of China. From that experience the group "Heart to Heart" was born, in support of seminarians, nuns, priests and elders in need, by providing material and spiritual resources.
All costs are in fact dealt only with the voluntary offerings of the members of the group.
At their annual meeting held on 11 January, the participants summarized the work carried out in 2013 and planned their work for 2014. The group members collected a total of 58,000 yuan (about 8000 Euros), which were used to help seminarians and nuns (76%), to visit sick elderly bishops and priests (10%), to help other communities in the diocese (10%), to welcome groups of pilgrims and visit the sick lay people and the poor (3%), for administrative expenses (1%). As every year, the members of the Group offer 30 yuan (about 6 EURO) per month for each seminarian. The spiritual director of the group, rev. Antonio Jia, stresses: "With our sincere prayer we want to build a bridge of hearts between the faithful and vocations". (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 17/01/2014)
- 2014-10-08 - Mgr. Giovanni Chrysostom Lan Shi, an apostle of the youth
- 2014-10-08 - Msg. Giovanni Battista Wang Jin’s particular commitment to priestly vocations
- 2014-09-26 - A hundred days dedicated to the formation of young people in the diocese of Xian Xian
- 2014-09-25 - Born into a family of martyrs, Fr. Bonaventura De Li Chong has died, a witness of the Gospel and the life of charity
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission