AMERICA/ARGENTINA - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect
Resistencia (Agenzia Fides) - To protect the rights of boys, girls and adolescents, and to decrease the number of people living on the street, who suffer abuse, neglect, abandonment and child labor, a device to free and anonymous complaint called 'Línea' 102 was set up on the whole national territory, active all year round 24 hours a day. The service ensures rapid response of a team composed of psychologists, social workers, lawyers, telephone operators, committed not only to register the complaint but to follow and monitor cases through psychosocial interventions in the household. The work of 'Linea' has as main objective to rebuild family ties. The program is also run by a team of Integral Protection Units (UPI) present in the main towns of the six judicial districts in the province of Resistencia which, in turn, forward the complaint received to the UPI correspondent responsible for following up the case and to check the protection of rights. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children
- 2014-09-06 - The life of every migrant demands we build a new world; migrants’ pilgrimage to Luján
- 2014-09-04 - Announcing Christ on the streets: “committed to mission” for the archdiocese of Salta