AMERICA/ARGENTINA - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect
Resistencia (Agenzia Fides) - To protect the rights of boys, girls and adolescents, and to decrease the number of people living on the street, who suffer abuse, neglect, abandonment and child labor, a device to free and anonymous complaint called 'Línea' 102 was set up on the whole national territory, active all year round 24 hours a day. The service ensures rapid response of a team composed of psychologists, social workers, lawyers, telephone operators, committed not only to register the complaint but to follow and monitor cases through psychosocial interventions in the household. The work of 'Linea' has as main objective to rebuild family ties. The program is also run by a team of Integral Protection Units (UPI) present in the main towns of the six judicial districts in the province of Resistencia which, in turn, forward the complaint received to the UPI correspondent responsible for following up the case and to check the protection of rights. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2015-05-20 - Half a million families with serious addictions to alcohol and drugs
- 2015-05-18 - First Report on the scourge of drugs prepared by UCA
- 2015-05-08 - Missionary dimension and social problems: meeting of the clergy of Patagonia
- 2015-05-02 - First parish dedicated to Juan Diego
- 2015-04-08 - "Can one sing the Alleluia in the world we live in?"
- 2015-03-11 - 400 years of evangelization in Posadas: "we share the joy of evangelizing"
- 2015-03-04 - "God did not create borders": for 65 years a Mass for brotherhood between Chile and Argentina
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country