AMERICA/ARGENTINA - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect
Resistencia (Agenzia Fides) - To protect the rights of boys, girls and adolescents, and to decrease the number of people living on the street, who suffer abuse, neglect, abandonment and child labor, a device to free and anonymous complaint called 'Línea' 102 was set up on the whole national territory, active all year round 24 hours a day. The service ensures rapid response of a team composed of psychologists, social workers, lawyers, telephone operators, committed not only to register the complaint but to follow and monitor cases through psychosocial interventions in the household. The work of 'Linea' has as main objective to rebuild family ties. The program is also run by a team of Integral Protection Units (UPI) present in the main towns of the six judicial districts in the province of Resistencia which, in turn, forward the complaint received to the UPI correspondent responsible for following up the case and to check the protection of rights. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites
- 2014-05-28 - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
- 2014-05-26 - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
- 2014-05-14 - "The country is sick of violence": proposal of Bishops to respond to this reality
- 2014-05-05 - Episcopal Assembly begins: "It is impossible to get used to drugs and violence"
- 2014-04-10 - For the Bishop of Posadas: "Lynchings, a serious social problem to be solved together"