AMERICA/ARGENTINA - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect
Resistencia (Agenzia Fides) - To protect the rights of boys, girls and adolescents, and to decrease the number of people living on the street, who suffer abuse, neglect, abandonment and child labor, a device to free and anonymous complaint called 'Línea' 102 was set up on the whole national territory, active all year round 24 hours a day. The service ensures rapid response of a team composed of psychologists, social workers, lawyers, telephone operators, committed not only to register the complaint but to follow and monitor cases through psychosocial interventions in the household. The work of 'Linea' has as main objective to rebuild family ties. The program is also run by a team of Integral Protection Units (UPI) present in the main towns of the six judicial districts in the province of Resistencia which, in turn, forward the complaint received to the UPI correspondent responsible for following up the case and to check the protection of rights. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2015-10-06 - Mgr. Gimeno in view of the elections: "We must learn to choose before voting"
- 2015-09-24 - Over 40% of the poor in the capital is under 14 years of age
- 2015-09-23 - Argentinean missionary animators of "mission houses" in Cuba, a testimony
- 2015-09-15 - One death due to malnutrition every 10 hours, 2 out of 10 children do not have adequate food
- 2015-09-14 - The Bishops: malnutrition and poverty in the country, a "terrible reality"
- 2015-09-10 - "Cura Gaucho" on the path towards canonization, the people of Villa Cura Brochero celebrate
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces