AMERICA/HONDURAS - In order to reintegrate into society, ex-prisoners form a solidarity group
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - A large group of women, all ex-prisoners, gathered to give life to an organization that proposes social re-integration.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the Catholic weekly "Fides" reports that they gathered last week in the parish of the Holy Family, in the capital of Honduras, to elect the board of directors and begin work immediately to identify the key points that will help them to have a decent job.
This meeting was also attended by Father Hermer Sorto, president of the Honduran Institute of Social Doctrine of the Catholic Church, and brother Marcos Reniery, one of the leaders of the Prison Pastoral Care; in addition there were other civil leaders who offered to provide assistance.
These 93 women, after having been in prison for committing a crime, now ask society to give them a job opportunity without discrimination. During the meeting, some of the participants, accompanied by their families, offered the testimony of authentic conversion, others expressed the desire to somehow recover the lost time in solitary confinement, which marked their lives. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2015-10-27 - Bishop Emiliani encourages “Honduras can do it, can stand up, can react”
- 2015-10-06 - Honduran Community says goodbye to candles and "dirty" electricity
- 2015-10-02 - Honduran Missionary receives an award for human rights
- 2015-09-23 - Mgr. Emiliani denounces the "violent reactions in the face of any situation"
- 2015-09-21 - "Honduras is sick of hate", warns Cardinal Rodriguez Maradiaga
- 2015-09-09 - Children resist famine thanks to school snacks
- 2015-07-17 - Sexual abuse on children have repercussions in adulthood
- 2015-07-15 - A new ward for children suffering from dengue and chikungunya
- 2015-07-15 - Campaign of the diocese of San Pedro Sula: "An honest man is not corrupt"
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light