AMERICA/HONDURAS - In order to reintegrate into society, ex-prisoners form a solidarity group
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - A large group of women, all ex-prisoners, gathered to give life to an organization that proposes social re-integration.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the Catholic weekly "Fides" reports that they gathered last week in the parish of the Holy Family, in the capital of Honduras, to elect the board of directors and begin work immediately to identify the key points that will help them to have a decent job.
This meeting was also attended by Father Hermer Sorto, president of the Honduran Institute of Social Doctrine of the Catholic Church, and brother Marcos Reniery, one of the leaders of the Prison Pastoral Care; in addition there were other civil leaders who offered to provide assistance.
These 93 women, after having been in prison for committing a crime, now ask society to give them a job opportunity without discrimination. During the meeting, some of the participants, accompanied by their families, offered the testimony of authentic conversion, others expressed the desire to somehow recover the lost time in solitary confinement, which marked their lives. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2014-02-10 AMERICA/HONDURAS - Recognition proposal for the intense social work carried out by the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of San Pedro Sula
- 2014-01-20 AMERICA/HONDURAS - 3,800 children and young people killed in the last four years
- 2014-01-16 AMERICA/HONDURAS - In order to reintegrate into society, ex-prisoners form a solidarity group
- 2014-01-13 AMERICA/HONDURAS - Sexual abuse and prostitution per 3000 girls between 12 to 17 years of age
- 2013-11-21 AMERICA/HONDURAS - "A story of injustice and inequality, it is time for a change": ready for Sunday's elections
- 2013-11-19 AMERICA/HONDURAS - "Vote to have transparent and honest politicians"; 51% of voters are women
- 2013-10-11 AMERICA/HONDURAS - "Children in Christ, firm in Faith", 20,000 letters to the Pope for the National Day of Missionary Childhood
- 2013-10-11 AMERICA/HONDURAS - Confidence in the future of the country, the Bishops call for a free and responsible election
- 2013-09-06 AMERICA/HONDURAS - Domestic violence, poverty, organized crime for the children of one of the most violent countries in the world
- 2013-08-22 AMERICA/HONDURAS - The Tolupanes ethnic group survives in poverty