AMERICA/HONDURAS - In order to reintegrate into society, ex-prisoners form a solidarity group
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - A large group of women, all ex-prisoners, gathered to give life to an organization that proposes social re-integration.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the Catholic weekly "Fides" reports that they gathered last week in the parish of the Holy Family, in the capital of Honduras, to elect the board of directors and begin work immediately to identify the key points that will help them to have a decent job.
This meeting was also attended by Father Hermer Sorto, president of the Honduran Institute of Social Doctrine of the Catholic Church, and brother Marcos Reniery, one of the leaders of the Prison Pastoral Care; in addition there were other civil leaders who offered to provide assistance.
These 93 women, after having been in prison for committing a crime, now ask society to give them a job opportunity without discrimination. During the meeting, some of the participants, accompanied by their families, offered the testimony of authentic conversion, others expressed the desire to somehow recover the lost time in solitary confinement, which marked their lives. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2015-07-06 - Still demonstrations against corruption, while other scandals come to light
- 2015-07-03 - The Bishops offer their support to dialogue for social peace
- 2015-06-27 - The Church: "politics without corruption"
- 2015-05-21 - "With courage and more faith": Danilo Aceituno lived at the service of God and of the Church
- 2015-03-25 - Minors exploited and underpaid
- 2015-03-03 - There are 6000 teachers: one million children do not go to school
- 2015-02-03 - Card. Maradiaga supports the "Plan de la Alianza para la Prosperidad"
- 2015-01-15 - Over 3000 child beggars on the streets of big cities
- 2014-12-29 - Violence continues to affect mainly children and adolescents
- 2014-11-27 - Violence against women decreases, but there is still an impressive number of cases