AMERICA/HONDURAS - In order to reintegrate into society, ex-prisoners form a solidarity group
Tegucigalpa (Agenzia Fides) - A large group of women, all ex-prisoners, gathered to give life to an organization that proposes social re-integration.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the Catholic weekly "Fides" reports that they gathered last week in the parish of the Holy Family, in the capital of Honduras, to elect the board of directors and begin work immediately to identify the key points that will help them to have a decent job.
This meeting was also attended by Father Hermer Sorto, president of the Honduran Institute of Social Doctrine of the Catholic Church, and brother Marcos Reniery, one of the leaders of the Prison Pastoral Care; in addition there were other civil leaders who offered to provide assistance.
These 93 women, after having been in prison for committing a crime, now ask society to give them a job opportunity without discrimination. During the meeting, some of the participants, accompanied by their families, offered the testimony of authentic conversion, others expressed the desire to somehow recover the lost time in solitary confinement, which marked their lives. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 16/01/2014)
- 2014-07-23 - The Bishop of Choluteca: 5000 people are forced to put their lives at risk in mines every day
- 2014-07-02 - Campaign in schools in favor of children on the issue of responsibility
- 2014-06-23 - It is time to take action! More than 13 thousand children and young Hondurans at the U.S. Border
- 2014-06-13 - Honour of the Congress to Bishop Emiliani Sánchez for his social contribution
- 2014-05-15 - Violence against children who suffer abuse and harassment continues
- 2014-05-13 - Condemnation of the Church for the murder of children, violence does not stop in the country
- 2014-04-30 - Femicide continues to spread: nearly 4000 women were killed between 2002 and 2013
- 2014-04-16 - Appeal to clarify the murder of an employee of Radio Progreso
- 2014-03-11 - Criminal gangs train children to handle firearms
- 2014-02-10 - Recognition proposal for the intense social work carried out by the Auxiliary Bishop of the Diocese of San Pedro Sula