ASIA/CHINA - New priests at the beginning of the year, a sign of hope for the mission
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - The Diocese of Kai Feng and the Diocese of Zhu Ma Dian, in He Nan province in mainland China, had the joy of welcoming six new priests at the beginning of the year, a sign of hope for the mission of the Church.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, over a thousand faithful attended the priestly ordination of three deacons of the Diocese of Kai Feng and one from Xing Tai. The solemn celebration was held on January 2, presided by His Exc. Mgr. Lian Jian Sen, Bishop of the Diocese of Jiang Men, the new church dedicated to the Sacred Heart. Fifty priests concelebrated and also forty seminarians of the Seminaries of Shi Jia Zhuang (He Bei), Tai Yuan (Xi Shan), Chi Feng (inner Mongolia) and Wu Han (Hu Bei) were also present, as well as several religious sisters. For the diocese it was most numerous ordination in recent years. Instead, for the diocese of Zhu Ma Dian the two ordinations held on January 1 was also a historical moment: it was in fact the first ordinations since 1933.
As pointed out by Faith, "both the dioceses, like many other continental communities, had to deal with the lack of priestly vocations. These ordinations are obviously a source of great joy and hope for the local community and for the entire Church in China, which is doing her best in the field of evangelization with limited human and material resources". (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy
- 2015-03-24 - The Chinese Catholic community towards Easter
- 2015-03-17 - Even the "24 hours for the Lord" in the Lenten journey of the Chinese Catholics
- 2015-03-10 - The Bishop of Jing Xian highlights the need to give authentic Christian witness
- 2015-03-04 - The Catholic communities pray for the persecuted Christians in the Middle East and around the world
- 2015-02-21 - ASIA/CHINA – Visits to the elderly and the poor, thanksgiving to God: Chinese Catholics celebrate New Year
- 2015-02-04 - The ancient church of the diocese of Ning Bo will soon return to being the symbol of the city
- 2014-12-12 - "I walk with you": the Catholic community prepares itself for Christmas
- 2014-12-03 - Evangelising with joy: a meeting of sharing, music and prayer