ASIA/CHINA - New priests at the beginning of the year, a sign of hope for the mission
Beijing (Agenzia Fides) - The Diocese of Kai Feng and the Diocese of Zhu Ma Dian, in He Nan province in mainland China, had the joy of welcoming six new priests at the beginning of the year, a sign of hope for the mission of the Church.
According to information sent to Fides Agency, over a thousand faithful attended the priestly ordination of three deacons of the Diocese of Kai Feng and one from Xing Tai. The solemn celebration was held on January 2, presided by His Exc. Mgr. Lian Jian Sen, Bishop of the Diocese of Jiang Men, the new church dedicated to the Sacred Heart. Fifty priests concelebrated and also forty seminarians of the Seminaries of Shi Jia Zhuang (He Bei), Tai Yuan (Xi Shan), Chi Feng (inner Mongolia) and Wu Han (Hu Bei) were also present, as well as several religious sisters. For the diocese it was most numerous ordination in recent years. Instead, for the diocese of Zhu Ma Dian the two ordinations held on January 1 was also a historical moment: it was in fact the first ordinations since 1933.
As pointed out by Faith, "both the dioceses, like many other continental communities, had to deal with the lack of priestly vocations. These ordinations are obviously a source of great joy and hope for the local community and for the entire Church in China, which is doing her best in the field of evangelization with limited human and material resources". (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 14/01/2014)
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent
- 2014-03-07 - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 - ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies