AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - The fate of Central Africa is being decided in N'Djamena
Bangui (Agenzia Fides) - The future of the Central African Republic is being outlined in these hours in Ndjamena , capital of Chad, where the national leaders have gathered: the Head of State, Michel Djotodia, the government led by Prime Minister Nicolas Tiengaye and the National Council of Transition.
The Central African leaders are participating in the extraordinary meeting of ECCAS (Economic Community of Central African States) convened by the President of Chad, Idriss Deby.
According to several observers the pressures of neighboring States and France will lead to the resignation of the President and the Prime Minister, accused of failing to manage the chaos that followed the seizure of power of the rebel coalition Seleka which has put the Country on its knees.
The President of Chad severely criticized the actions of the Central African leaders, although his Country has had a leading role in Central Africa for at least 10, so much so that a Central African newspaper has titled his analysis on the latest events: "Central African Republic, capital N'Djamena". (L.M.) (Agenzia Fides 10/01/2014)
- 2014-03-05 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Imam of Bangui: "If we want peace, we must be impartial and condemn all forms of violence"
- 2014-02-26 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC – Work goes on at Bangui university despite chaos
- 2014-02-24 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC - “churches and mosques must be rid of armed infiltrators”: say the Catholic Archbishop and the Imam of Bangui
- 2014-02-18 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The Anti Balaka are doing more damage than Seleka", says a missionary
- 2014-02-14 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "God exists and God knows"
- 2014-02-10 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - Religious leaders’ appeal: "Do not drag religion into political conflict"
- 2014-02-07 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "Christians and Muslims: the same blood, the same language, the same Country"
- 2014-02-04 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The situation in Bouar is a bit calmer although there are reprisals against the Muslims"
- 2014-01-27 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA – Are the Anti Balaka really a "Christian militia"?
- 2014-01-23 AFRICA/CENTRAL AFRICA - "The State has collapsed, UN intervention is needed": appeal of the Archbishop of Bangui and the Imam