ASIA/PAKISTAN - New plan of evangelization with mass media dedicated to the "protection of life"
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - In the new year the Church in Pakistan reintroduces evangelization with mass media, with a plan that will focus on the theme of "protection of life": this was reported to Fides by Fr. Nadeem John Shaker, secretary of the Commission for Social Communications in the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan and Director of Radio Veritas in Urdu language.
The Commission - under the leadership of the new president, Msg. Joseph Arshad, new-elected bishop of Faisalabad - has developed a pastoral plan for evangelization within the context of media communication that starts from the vital function of "Radio Veritas" in Urdu, radio station present throughout the national territory. The Radio offers high-quality service, which is accessible, thanks to the language, to the entire population of Pakistan, and aims to involve more local churches, raising awareness about the mission through new technologies. In particular in 2014 the plan will be dedicated to the theme of "protection of life", understood in all its stages and circumstances. Local communities will be key protagosnists in building and producing programs and in fulfilling the various specific communication initiatives, such as publications, television and radio interventions, etc. . Each service, the document continues, "will be held to highlight the teaching of the FABC (Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences) and Pope Francis’ messages".
Mgr. Joseph Arshad confirmed the full support of the Bishops in such initiatives, ensuring that the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan will continue to strengthen mission in the media, especially by promoting the valuable service of "Radio Veritas", which is useful for the common good of the nation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 04/01/2014)
- 2015-07-02 - The police save a Christian accused of blasphemy from being lynched
- 2015-07-01 - Three missionary nuns forced to leave Pakistan
- 2015-06-30 - A thousand victims in five days due to heatwave
- 2015-06-30 - A Christian accused of blasphemy mocked by his lawyers
- 2015-06-26 - Visas denied to missionary nuns: the Church of Islamabad files lawsuit
- 2015-06-25 - Government's plan for the security of religious minorities
- 2015-06-24 - Threats to the president of the "Pakistan Youth Alliance"
- 2015-06-22 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – The Bishops: "Joy and gratitude for the encyclical Laudato sì"
- 2015-06-19 - Urgency to set up a "special investigation team" for cases of blasphemy
- 2015-06-11 - Threats to a Christian community in Karachi