ASIA/PAKISTAN - New plan of evangelization with mass media dedicated to the "protection of life"
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - In the new year the Church in Pakistan reintroduces evangelization with mass media, with a plan that will focus on the theme of "protection of life": this was reported to Fides by Fr. Nadeem John Shaker, secretary of the Commission for Social Communications in the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan and Director of Radio Veritas in Urdu language.
The Commission - under the leadership of the new president, Msg. Joseph Arshad, new-elected bishop of Faisalabad - has developed a pastoral plan for evangelization within the context of media communication that starts from the vital function of "Radio Veritas" in Urdu, radio station present throughout the national territory. The Radio offers high-quality service, which is accessible, thanks to the language, to the entire population of Pakistan, and aims to involve more local churches, raising awareness about the mission through new technologies. In particular in 2014 the plan will be dedicated to the theme of "protection of life", understood in all its stages and circumstances. Local communities will be key protagosnists in building and producing programs and in fulfilling the various specific communication initiatives, such as publications, television and radio interventions, etc. . Each service, the document continues, "will be held to highlight the teaching of the FABC (Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences) and Pope Francis’ messages".
Mgr. Joseph Arshad confirmed the full support of the Bishops in such initiatives, ensuring that the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan will continue to strengthen mission in the media, especially by promoting the valuable service of "Radio Veritas", which is useful for the common good of the nation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 04/01/2014)
- 2015-05-28 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Children do not go to school in order to beg in the street
- 2015-05-28 - "The Church's mission continues despite terrorism", says the Director of the PMS
- 2015-05-27 - ASIA/PAKISTAN – Changes to the blasphemy law: the government's bill, Christians approve
- 2015-05-26 - Christian lawyers: "The blasphemy law has to be abolished"
- 2015-05-25 - Accusation of blasphemy: violence in a Christian area in Lahore, but "no alarmism"
- 2015-05-22 - 106 indicted for the murder of two Christians burned alive: "A step towards justice"
- 2015-05-21 - Punjab moves to protect women victims of violence
- 2015-05-19 - "A warning to Pakistan", reaction to the murder for blasphemy in Afghanistan
- 2015-05-18 - Rosary and biblical apostolate in Faisalabad
- 2015-05-15 - Attack against the Ismaili community: the condemnation of Bishops