ASIA/PAKISTAN - New plan of evangelization with mass media dedicated to the "protection of life"
Lahore (Agenzia Fides) - In the new year the Church in Pakistan reintroduces evangelization with mass media, with a plan that will focus on the theme of "protection of life": this was reported to Fides by Fr. Nadeem John Shaker, secretary of the Commission for Social Communications in the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan and Director of Radio Veritas in Urdu language.
The Commission - under the leadership of the new president, Msg. Joseph Arshad, new-elected bishop of Faisalabad - has developed a pastoral plan for evangelization within the context of media communication that starts from the vital function of "Radio Veritas" in Urdu, radio station present throughout the national territory. The Radio offers high-quality service, which is accessible, thanks to the language, to the entire population of Pakistan, and aims to involve more local churches, raising awareness about the mission through new technologies. In particular in 2014 the plan will be dedicated to the theme of "protection of life", understood in all its stages and circumstances. Local communities will be key protagosnists in building and producing programs and in fulfilling the various specific communication initiatives, such as publications, television and radio interventions, etc. . Each service, the document continues, "will be held to highlight the teaching of the FABC (Federation of Asian Bishops' Conferences) and Pope Francis’ messages".
Mgr. Joseph Arshad confirmed the full support of the Bishops in such initiatives, ensuring that the Episcopal Conference of Pakistan will continue to strengthen mission in the media, especially by promoting the valuable service of "Radio Veritas", which is useful for the common good of the nation. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 04/01/2014)
- 2014-03-07 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Women in Pakistan: Christian girls raped by Muslims
- 2014-03-04 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Threats to judges and lawyers: two Christians accused of blasphemy remain in jail
- 2014-03-03 ASIA/PAKISTAN – A young Christian girl killed by the Taliban for helping a Muslim converted to Christianity
- 2014-02-26 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Leading politicians reassure new Archbishop: “government will respect the rights of Pakistan’s Churches”
- 2014-02-21 ASIA/PAKISTAN - Dialogue with the Taliban? Peace march to say "no" to extremism
- 2014-02-19 ASIA/PAKISTAN – Inauguration ceremony for Archbishop Shaw in Lahore: "A new beginning for the Church", says the Nuncio
- 2014-02-14 ASIA/PAKISTAN - "Who killed Sabir Masih?": Mysterious death of a Christian who was in police custody
- 2014-02-13 ASIA/PAKISTAN - The Anglican Bishop of Karachi: "Christians in danger, police and judiciary in lethargy"
- 2014-02-04 ASIA/PAKISTAN - No to bail: the appeal of Christians allowed, the Lahore High Court does not release extremists
- 2014-01-31 ASIA/PAKISTAN - 2014 proclaimed "year of peace and hope" in Faisalabad