Acta of the Holy See
AFRICA/DR CONGO - Resignation of the Bishop of Luiza and appointment of Successor
Vatican City ( Agenzia Fides) - On January 3, 2014 the Holy Father, accepted the resignation from the pastoral governance of the Diocese of Luiza (Democratic Republic of Congo), by His Exc. Mgr. Léonard Kasanda Lumembu, C.I.C.M., in accordance with can. 401 § 1 of the Code of Canon Law.
The Holy Father appointed Rev. Felicien Mwanama Galumbulula, a university professor and Second Secretary of C.E.N.C.O. as Bishop of the Diocese of Luiza (Democratic Republic of Congo).
Rev. Felicien Mwanama Galumbulula was born on October 26, 1960 in Tshibala, in the Diocese of Luiza. After primary school in Tshibala (1968-1974) and secondary school at the Popopu Institute in Tshibala (1974-1980), he completed his studies in philosophy at the Christ Roi Major Seminary in Kabwe (1980-1983) and in Theology at the Seminary Major in Fano, Italy (1983-1986). He was ordained a priest on August 9, 1987. After ordination he held the following pastoral and academic roles: 1987-1988: Spiritual Director and Professor at the St Léon preparatory Seminary in Luiza; 1988-1992: Spiritual Director and Professor at the Jean Paul II Major Seminary in Tschilomba; 1992-1996: Doctorate in Missiology at the Pontifical Gregorian University;1996-2002: Doctorate in Canon Law at the Pontifical Lateran University; Vice Chancellor of the Diocese of Rieti and Vice parish priest in St. Augustine, in the same Diocese (2000-2001). He has worked mainly in the field of formation. Since 2002: Visiting professor at the Catholic University of Congo; 2002-2004: Professor at the Major Seminary in Malole-Kananga; 2004-2006: Rector of the the Major Seminary in Malole - Kananga; since 2005: Professor at the African Institute of Missionary Science in Kinshasa; 2006-2008: Secretary of the Episcopal Commission for Legal Affairs of CENCO; since 2008: Second Secretary General of CENCO. (SL) (Agenzia Fides 03/01/2014)
Acta of the Holy See
- 2013-01-28 AFRICA/NIGER - Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Niamey
- 2013-01-21 AFRICA/GABON - Resignation of the Bishop of Mouila and appointment of Successor
- 2013-01-18 AFRICA/SENEGAL - Appointment of the Bishop of Thiès
- 2013-01-16 AFRICA/TANZANIA - Resignation of the Bishop of Bukoba and appointment of successor and Apostolic Administrator of Singida
- 2013-01-02 AFRICA/NIGERIA - Erection of the new dioceses of Gboko and Katsina-Ala and appointment of the first Bishops
- 2013-01-02 ASIA/SINGAPORE - Appointment of Coadjutor Archbishop of Singapore
- 2013-01-02 ASIA/INDIA - Resignation of the Bishop of Udaipur and appointment of successor
- 2012-12-28 ASIA/VIETNAM - Appointment of Coadjutor of Bùi Chu
- 2012-12-21 OCEANIA/FIJI ISLANDS - Resignation of the Archbishop of Suva and appointment of Successor
- 2012-12-10 AMERICA/CANADA - Appointment of the Archbishop of Keewatin-Le Pas