ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai: some lawyers help Catholics to convert in order to divorce
Bkerké (Agenzia Fides) - Maronite Patriarch Bechara Boutros Rai has denounced lawyers helping Catholic couples divorce suggesting to convert to other non-Catholic Christian churches. "Every lawyer who helps a married couple to convert in order to divorce them is banned from representing cases in religious courts", the Patriarch said. "We" added His Beatitude Rai "call on religious courts and the courts of two well-known Churches to stop committing this sin in return for a fistful of money".
The phenomenon referred to by Patriarch Rai regards Catholics - including Maronites – who in order to seek a divorce choose to convert to other Christian sects. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 21/12/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - Maronite Patriarch Rai: united also with Hezbolllah to block the road to the infiltration of the ISIL
- 2014-07-28 - Patriarch Rai: The new President should not be linked to the two "blocks"
- 2014-07-10 - Patriarch Rai to Lebanese missionaries: the Arab world needs the Gospel
- 2014-07-07 - Patriarch Rai: the existence of Lebanon at risk
- 2014-06-20 - The Maronite Bishops: who boycots Parliament sessions to elect a new president places the Country at risk
- 2014-06-12 - The annual Synod of the Maronite Church has begun. Patriarch Rai: let us pray so that a new President is elected
- 2014-06-03 - Orthodox Patriarch Yohanna X announces the Conference of the Church of Antioch
- 2014-05-14 - Grand Mufti Qabbani proposes a new "pact" between Muslims and Christians in the Middle East
- 2014-05-12 - Patriarch Rai on the presidential elections: a power vacuum would erase the role of Christians
- 2014-04-11 - Neither Geagea, nor Aoun. For Patriarch Rai the new President must be a "figure of consensus"