ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai: some lawyers help Catholics to convert in order to divorce
Bkerké (Agenzia Fides) - Maronite Patriarch Bechara Boutros Rai has denounced lawyers helping Catholic couples divorce suggesting to convert to other non-Catholic Christian churches. "Every lawyer who helps a married couple to convert in order to divorce them is banned from representing cases in religious courts", the Patriarch said. "We" added His Beatitude Rai "call on religious courts and the courts of two well-known Churches to stop committing this sin in return for a fistful of money".
The phenomenon referred to by Patriarch Rai regards Catholics - including Maronites – who in order to seek a divorce choose to convert to other Christian sects. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 21/12/2013)
- 2014-10-01 - The President of Caritas Lebanon: hostility toward the Syrian refugees increases
- 2014-09-24 - Patriarch Rai: Lebanese Christians and Muslims share the same fate
- 2014-09-18 - The President of Caritas Lebanon: organized chaos in the Middle East also kills charity
- 2014-09-16 - New Mufti installed, a man of dialogue
- 2014-09-12 - Synod of the Armenian Catholic Church: let's get ready and join the Pope in the Mass on the centenary of the Genocide thenesteesntjeenstjnejestjieest n
- 2014-08-20 - Maronite Patriarch Rai: united also with Hezbolllah to block the road to the infiltration of the ISIL
- 2014-07-28 - Patriarch Rai: The new President should not be linked to the two "blocks"
- 2014-07-10 - Patriarch Rai to Lebanese missionaries: the Arab world needs the Gospel
- 2014-07-07 - Patriarch Rai: the existence of Lebanon at risk
- 2014-06-20 - The Maronite Bishops: who boycots Parliament sessions to elect a new president places the Country at risk