ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai: some lawyers help Catholics to convert in order to divorce
Bkerké (Agenzia Fides) - Maronite Patriarch Bechara Boutros Rai has denounced lawyers helping Catholic couples divorce suggesting to convert to other non-Catholic Christian churches. "Every lawyer who helps a married couple to convert in order to divorce them is banned from representing cases in religious courts", the Patriarch said. "We" added His Beatitude Rai "call on religious courts and the courts of two well-known Churches to stop committing this sin in return for a fistful of money".
The phenomenon referred to by Patriarch Rai regards Catholics - including Maronites – who in order to seek a divorce choose to convert to other Christian sects. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 21/12/2013)
- 2014-12-19 - Appeal of the Chaldean Bishop of Beirut for displaced Iraqi Christians
- 2014-12-11 - The Syro-Catholic Bishops: let us apply the principles of the "Declaration of al-Azhar"
- 2014-12-10 - Patriarch Ignace Yussif III at the Synod of the Syro- Catholic Church: let us help to grasp the "signs of the times"
- 2014-12-04 - Maronite Bishops: they are turning the country into an oligarchy, at the expense of the Constitution, the people and the institutions
- 2014-11-26 - For Patriarch Rai dialogue between Hezbollah and Sunni of the "Future" Movement would take Lebanon out of its crisis
- 2014-11-13 - The Maronite League: no foreign Country can decide on the future of Lebanon
- 2014-11-13 - Syrian Orthodox Church: international protection for Christians in the Nineveh Plain is needed
- 2014-11-10 - Patriarch Rai accuses the Lebanese politicians: "You have betrayed the Constitution"
- 2014-11-03 - Patriarch Rai: immediately elect a Christian President to save the Lebanese "model"
- 2014-10-01 - The President of Caritas Lebanon: hostility toward the Syrian refugees increases