ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai: some lawyers help Catholics to convert in order to divorce
Bkerké (Agenzia Fides) - Maronite Patriarch Bechara Boutros Rai has denounced lawyers helping Catholic couples divorce suggesting to convert to other non-Catholic Christian churches. "Every lawyer who helps a married couple to convert in order to divorce them is banned from representing cases in religious courts", the Patriarch said. "We" added His Beatitude Rai "call on religious courts and the courts of two well-known Churches to stop committing this sin in return for a fistful of money".
The phenomenon referred to by Patriarch Rai regards Catholics - including Maronites – who in order to seek a divorce choose to convert to other Christian sects. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 21/12/2013)
- 2014-02-15 ASIA/LEBANON - The reduction of lands belonging to Christians continues
- 2014-02-10 ASIA/LEBANON - Feast of St. Maron, the Lebanese reflect on the "Bkerké Charter"
- 2014-02-05 ASIA/LEBANON - The victims of the Armenian Genocide will be canonized
- 2014-02-01 ASIA/LEBANON - Maronite priest Paul Karam new President of Caritas Lebanon
- 2014-01-23 ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai: Tripoli will not give in to the spiral of sectarian violence
- 2014-01-10 ASIA/LEBANON - The Missionary Childhood children in Lebanon help Syrian refugee children
- 2014-01-09 ASIA/LEBANON - Maronite Bishops: Lebanon looks like the Prometheus of the Middle East
- 2014-01-03 ASIA/LEBANON - The Maronite Church is against the formation of a fait accompli government and the postponement of presidential elections
- 2013-12-21 ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai: some lawyers help Catholics to convert in order to divorce
- 2013-12-19 ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai’s first "Tweet" aimed at the young people of the Middle East