AMERICA/CUBA - New Year in the sign of commitment towards family and missionary proclamation, in a different Cuba
Santiago de Cuba (Agenzia Fides) - The new Global Pastoral Care Plan to be presented to the Bishops in February 2014 for final approval is ready. This plan will encourage the work of the Church in Cuba in the period 2014-2020 and whose implementation will start as from 8th September next year.
According to the note sent to Fides the plan is focused on the missionary proclamation of the Gospel, the deepening of faith, on the theme of the family, the Christian community and on the testimony of the disciples in society.
Its cornerstone is conversion, expressed as a real identification with the personal style of Jesus Christ, which awakens the ability to carry out a service for the benefit of the Kingdom.
The Church in Cuba, which has suffered in silence for years, is experiencing a revival in the countless possibilities of proposals for evangelization. The Catholic communities across the Country ask pastors channels of participation to express a popular faith that grows every day. The commitment of pastoral agents together with the organization of the Church will be the key to offer Christian witness in coming years in a different Cuba. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/12/2013)
- 2014-01-17 AMERICA/CUBA - Cooperation projects in a different Cuba
- 2013-12-21 AMERICA/CUBA - New Year in the sign of commitment towards family and missionary proclamation, in a different Cuba
- 2013-10-23 AMERICA/CUBA - School Education for disabled children
- 2013-10-22 AMERICA/CUBA - Entrepreneurs trained in courses promoted by the Catholic Church
- 2013-09-16 AMERICA/CUBA - "Hope does not disappoint", Cuban Bishops' letter asking for political reforms
- 2013-03-20 AMERICA/CUBA - Good Friday: granted non-working day
- 2013-02-13 AMERICA/CUBA - Pioneers of the economy in the Archdiocese of Santiago de Cuba
- 2013-01-26 AMERICA/CUBA - In Granma the government returns two schools and land to the Catholic Church
- 2012-12-13 AMERICA/CUBA - 50 days after the hurricane, thousands of people are still homeless and without services
- 2012-11-21 AMERICA/CUBA - Cardinal Ortega’s Letter for the Year of Faith, "a meditation on this historic moment to promote the encounter of the Cuban people with Jesus"