AMERICA/CUBA - New Year in the sign of commitment towards family and missionary proclamation, in a different Cuba
Santiago de Cuba (Agenzia Fides) - The new Global Pastoral Care Plan to be presented to the Bishops in February 2014 for final approval is ready. This plan will encourage the work of the Church in Cuba in the period 2014-2020 and whose implementation will start as from 8th September next year.
According to the note sent to Fides the plan is focused on the missionary proclamation of the Gospel, the deepening of faith, on the theme of the family, the Christian community and on the testimony of the disciples in society.
Its cornerstone is conversion, expressed as a real identification with the personal style of Jesus Christ, which awakens the ability to carry out a service for the benefit of the Kingdom.
The Church in Cuba, which has suffered in silence for years, is experiencing a revival in the countless possibilities of proposals for evangelization. The Catholic communities across the Country ask pastors channels of participation to express a popular faith that grows every day. The commitment of pastoral agents together with the organization of the Church will be the key to offer Christian witness in coming years in a different Cuba. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 21/12/2013)
- 2015-06-19 - Catholic radio through Internet
- 2015-06-02 - Pastoral Plan for the Church in Cuba: "a dynamic, open and missionary communion"
- 2015-04-24 - The Pope's visit will support the Cuban Church in its attention to the cause of peace and the common good
- 2015-04-24 - Secular Franciscans in Cuba: more and more involved in parishes
- 2015-03-26 - Cardinal Ortega: "dialogue, the new name of love"
- 2015-03-11 - A new church will be built in Cuba, the first since 1959
- 2015-03-09 - Conclusions of the XI Meeting of the National Directors of the PMS of America
- 2015-03-04 - Nearly half a million children will be vaccinated against polio
- 2015-03-03 - AMERICA/CUBA – Towards CAM 5: Continental Meeting of the PMS America
- 2015-02-19 - First steps in process to re-establish USA Cuba relations