ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai’s first "Tweet" aimed at the young people of the Middle East
Bkerké (Agenzia Fides) - Maronite Patriarch Cardinal Mar Beshara Boutros Rai posted his first tweet on Wednesday via @bkerkejeune twitter account.
"Dear youth", says the Patriarch’s message " I see in you the Church’s hope and its future of the, I believe you are the power of the change for the Church and your communities" The "tweet" took place during an evening meeting, which was attended by some young Maronites. "Our young people need to be in touch with us, just as we have tremendous need to communicate with them," said the Patriarch, speaking ideally "to those who in Lebanon fear for their future, to the youth of the Middle East, who experience the tragedies of war and immigration, to young people scattered around the world in search of realization".
The account @bkerkejeune currently has nearly 1,300 followers. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 19/12/2013)
- 2014-04-11 - Neither Geagea, nor Aoun. For Patriarch Rai the new President must be a "figure of consensus"
- 2014-04-10 - The president of Caritas Lebanon: the international community has to open refugee camps in Syria
- 2014-03-26 - Patriarch Rai intervenes on the election of the new President
- 2014-03-18 - Patriarch Rai at the Mass for Caritas: the war of attrition in the Country must stop
- 2014-03-11 - Maronite Church: to encourage organ donation
- 2014-02-15 - The reduction of lands belonging to Christians continues
- 2014-02-10 - Feast of St. Maron, the Lebanese reflect on the "Bkerké Charter"
- 2014-02-05 - The victims of the Armenian Genocide will be canonized
- 2014-02-01 - Maronite priest Paul Karam new President of Caritas Lebanon
- 2014-01-23 - Patriarch Rai: Tripoli will not give in to the spiral of sectarian violence