ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai’s first "Tweet" aimed at the young people of the Middle East
Bkerké (Agenzia Fides) - Maronite Patriarch Cardinal Mar Beshara Boutros Rai posted his first tweet on Wednesday via @bkerkejeune twitter account.
"Dear youth", says the Patriarch’s message " I see in you the Church’s hope and its future of the, I believe you are the power of the change for the Church and your communities" The "tweet" took place during an evening meeting, which was attended by some young Maronites. "Our young people need to be in touch with us, just as we have tremendous need to communicate with them," said the Patriarch, speaking ideally "to those who in Lebanon fear for their future, to the youth of the Middle East, who experience the tragedies of war and immigration, to young people scattered around the world in search of realization".
The account @bkerkejeune currently has nearly 1,300 followers. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 19/12/2013)
- 2015-04-13 - The Armenian Catholic Patriarch Nerses Bedros XIX: the Pope's words on the Genocide express the conscience of mankind, they are not "against" anyone
- 2015-03-31 - Religious Lebanese leaders denounce a plan of sectarian fragmentation of the Middle East
- 2015-03-26 - Christians and Muslims celebrate together the feast of the Annunciation
- 2015-03-17 - The Maronite Church calls for a law to ensure emigrants the recovery of Lebanese nationality
- 2015-03-06 - The Maronite Church promotes the donation of organs
- 2015-03-05 - Meeting between representatives of Hezbollah and the Maronite Church on the election of the President
- 2015-03-03 - Former General Aoun: let us welcome Christians fleeing Syria
- 2015-02-23 - Syrian-Catholic Patriarch opens centenary commemoration of the Assyrian genocide
- 2015-02-20 - ASIA/LEBANON – Maronite Patriarch says: the return of Hariri is a positive fact for the Lebanese nation
- 2015-02-10 - Maronite Archbishop Matar: Lebanon must adopt a strategy to distance itself from regional conflicts