ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai’s first "Tweet" aimed at the young people of the Middle East
Bkerké (Agenzia Fides) - Maronite Patriarch Cardinal Mar Beshara Boutros Rai posted his first tweet on Wednesday via @bkerkejeune twitter account.
"Dear youth", says the Patriarch’s message " I see in you the Church’s hope and its future of the, I believe you are the power of the change for the Church and your communities" The "tweet" took place during an evening meeting, which was attended by some young Maronites. "Our young people need to be in touch with us, just as we have tremendous need to communicate with them," said the Patriarch, speaking ideally "to those who in Lebanon fear for their future, to the youth of the Middle East, who experience the tragedies of war and immigration, to young people scattered around the world in search of realization".
The account @bkerkejeune currently has nearly 1,300 followers. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 19/12/2013)
- 2015-06-25 - Armenian Catholic Patriarch Nerses Bedros XIX dies in Lebanon
- 2015-06-17 - Prayers to the Virgin of Fatima to invoke the election of a new President
- 2015-06-16 - Maronite and Greek-Melkite Synods have begun. Patriarch Grégoire: 60% of the Lebanese think of emigrating
- 2015-06-10 - The Lebanese pray for the unity of the Country in front of the statue of Our Lady of Fatima
- 2015-05-19 - Christian politicians confront each other over "Aoun’s proposal" in order to exit the crisis
- 2015-05-12 - Parties of the two blocs signed a document of "national partnership" proposed by the Maronite League
- 2015-05-11 - Maronite Patriarch: politics and diplomacy is needed for peace in the Middle East, not military intervention
- 2015-05-07 - The Maronite Bishops ask for the feast of the "Lebanese Martyrs" to be restored
- 2015-04-13 - The Armenian Catholic Patriarch Nerses Bedros XIX: the Pope's words on the Genocide express the conscience of mankind, they are not "against" anyone
- 2015-03-31 - Religious Lebanese leaders denounce a plan of sectarian fragmentation of the Middle East