ASIA/LEBANON - Patriarch Rai’s first "Tweet" aimed at the young people of the Middle East
Bkerké (Agenzia Fides) - Maronite Patriarch Cardinal Mar Beshara Boutros Rai posted his first tweet on Wednesday via @bkerkejeune twitter account.
"Dear youth", says the Patriarch’s message " I see in you the Church’s hope and its future of the, I believe you are the power of the change for the Church and your communities" The "tweet" took place during an evening meeting, which was attended by some young Maronites. "Our young people need to be in touch with us, just as we have tremendous need to communicate with them," said the Patriarch, speaking ideally "to those who in Lebanon fear for their future, to the youth of the Middle East, who experience the tragedies of war and immigration, to young people scattered around the world in search of realization".
The account @bkerkejeune currently has nearly 1,300 followers. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 19/12/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - Maronite Patriarch Rai: united also with Hezbolllah to block the road to the infiltration of the ISIL
- 2014-07-28 - Patriarch Rai: The new President should not be linked to the two "blocks"
- 2014-07-10 - Patriarch Rai to Lebanese missionaries: the Arab world needs the Gospel
- 2014-07-07 - Patriarch Rai: the existence of Lebanon at risk
- 2014-06-20 - The Maronite Bishops: who boycots Parliament sessions to elect a new president places the Country at risk
- 2014-06-12 - The annual Synod of the Maronite Church has begun. Patriarch Rai: let us pray so that a new President is elected
- 2014-06-03 - Orthodox Patriarch Yohanna X announces the Conference of the Church of Antioch
- 2014-05-14 - Grand Mufti Qabbani proposes a new "pact" between Muslims and Christians in the Middle East
- 2014-05-12 - Patriarch Rai on the presidential elections: a power vacuum would erase the role of Christians
- 2014-04-11 - Neither Geagea, nor Aoun. For Patriarch Rai the new President must be a "figure of consensus"