ASIA/PHILIPPINES - National Meeting for the 50th anniversary of Pacem in Terris
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - The Association of Catholic Universities of the Philippines (ACUP) is organizing a national conference to be held at the University of the Immaculate Conception (Bajada Campus) in Davao City, from January 9 to January 11, 2014, to pay homage to the famous encyclical of Blessed Pope John XXIII. The note sent to Fides Agency says that Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, will be among the speakers at an international level, who will hold a conference entitled "The formation of new Catholics in politics". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2015-05-26 - Bishops: "Laity and parishes have to act in order to combat modern slavery"
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school
- 2015-05-13 - The construction of a new shelter for the poor has begun
- 2015-05-08 - The Village of Harmony has been giving an example of "life-in-dialogue" in southern Philippines for 25 years
- 2015-04-24 - Islamic and Christian religious leaders: "Necessity to review the Bangasamoro Basic Law"
- 2015-04-09 - The Church to the President: "It is time to approve land reform"
- 2015-03-31 - Cardinal Tagle: "Way of the Cross on Good Friday in prayer for peace"
- 2015-03-28 - Humanitarian crisis in Mindanao; a law has been submitted in the Philippine congress on the Muslim region