ASIA/PHILIPPINES - National Meeting for the 50th anniversary of Pacem in Terris
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - The Association of Catholic Universities of the Philippines (ACUP) is organizing a national conference to be held at the University of the Immaculate Conception (Bajada Campus) in Davao City, from January 9 to January 11, 2014, to pay homage to the famous encyclical of Blessed Pope John XXIII. The note sent to Fides Agency says that Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, will be among the speakers at an international level, who will hold a conference entitled "The formation of new Catholics in politics". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2014-07-30 - The entire Catholic population celebrates the 100 millionth baby born in the Country
- 2014-07-21 - The missionaries for the development of indigenous peoples in Mindanao
- 2014-07-07 - For the poor and against injustice: the testimony of Father Romano, who was kidnapped 29 years ago, is always present
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops: No to the restoration of the death penalty
- 2014-06-05 - "Peace is living together": international conference for reconciliation in Mindanao
- 2014-04-28 - Protecting the rights and education of poor rural people
- 2014-04-08 - The Bishops: "We respect the Supreme Court, we defend life with the right to conscientious objection"
- 2014-04-08 - The Supreme Court: Reproductive Health law is valid, but yes to conscientious objection
- 2014-03-28 - The missionaries: "May the agreement with the rebels of the South bring peace, justice and development"
- 2014-03-25 - Over 7.7 million dollars for aid to victims of the typhoon: The Church guarantees transparency