ASIA/PHILIPPINES - National Meeting for the 50th anniversary of Pacem in Terris
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - The Association of Catholic Universities of the Philippines (ACUP) is organizing a national conference to be held at the University of the Immaculate Conception (Bajada Campus) in Davao City, from January 9 to January 11, 2014, to pay homage to the famous encyclical of Blessed Pope John XXIII. The note sent to Fides Agency says that Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, will be among the speakers at an international level, who will hold a conference entitled "The formation of new Catholics in politics". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2015-01-20 - Bishops: to put into practice the words of the Pope on the proximity to the poor
- 2015-01-19 - "Year of the poor" and new evangelization: Bishops in assembly after the Pope's visit
- 2015-01-17 - The Pope shows deep compassion for the victims of the Typhoon
- 2015-01-16 - evangelize families: the Pope encourages them to be "living school of the Gospel"
- 2015-01-15 - The Director of the PMS: "The Pope in the Philippines shows us mercy towards the last"
- 2015-01-14 - A missionary, after the bombing in Paris: "Dear Muslim brothers, we mourn with you"
- 2014-12-10 - "Yolanda" survivors now helping "Hagupit" victims
- 2014-12-01 - Compassion but also "no" to corruption: the Church celebrates the Year of the poor
- 2014-11-29 - The Silsilah movement: Advent of solidarity and friendship with Muslims
- 2014-11-27 - Justice for the massacre in Maguindanao: the relatives of the victims write to the Pope