ASIA/PHILIPPINES - National Meeting for the 50th anniversary of Pacem in Terris
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - The Association of Catholic Universities of the Philippines (ACUP) is organizing a national conference to be held at the University of the Immaculate Conception (Bajada Campus) in Davao City, from January 9 to January 11, 2014, to pay homage to the famous encyclical of Blessed Pope John XXIII. The note sent to Fides Agency says that Cardinal Peter Kodwo Appiah Turkson, President of the Pontifical Council for Justice and Peace, will be among the speakers at an international level, who will hold a conference entitled "The formation of new Catholics in politics". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2015-07-21 - Bishops' Message: "Climate change, a matter of social justice"
- 2015-06-25 - "Laudati Sì" a source of inspiration for dialogue and for the care of creation
- 2015-06-22 - Cardinal Quevedo: "The disarmament of Islamic guerrillas is an important step for peace"
- 2015-06-02 - Message from the "Silsilah" movement: a Ramadan of peace in Mindanao
- 2015-05-26 - Bishops: "Laity and parishes have to act in order to combat modern slavery"
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school
- 2015-05-13 - The construction of a new shelter for the poor has begun
- 2015-05-08 - The Village of Harmony has been giving an example of "life-in-dialogue" in southern Philippines for 25 years