AMERICA/CHILE - "Supporting initiatives in favor of development": the President of the Bishops' Conference meets newly elected President Bachelet
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Santiago de Chile and President of the Episcopal Conference of Chile, His Exc. Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati Andrello, SDB, met newly elected President Michelle Bachelet (see Fides 16/12/2013) for about 15 minutes.
During the meeting there was talk of the proposals of the Catholic Church regarding the development of the country. The main points are contained in a document given to Bachelet and is invited to read carefully.
The note sent to Fides Agency reports the Archbishop’s statement at the end of the meeting: "The Catholic Church is not a political institution, but politics and the Church have the same recipients, who are the men and women of Chile. So we are interested in the people of Chile and, as always, according to our identity, we are ready to support any initiative in favor of the integral development of all the people of our country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2015-10-22 - A global network of volunteers for minors at risk
- 2015-10-19 - V Meeting for Pastoral Operators of Human Mobility in Bolivia, Chile and Peru
- 2015-10-05 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas thanks for the clarification on the gas supply
- 2015-09-29 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas denounces: There is no transparency in the agreements for gas
- 2015-09-25 - Earthquake victims help other victims: the President of Caritas Chile in the affected areas
- 2015-08-06 - "Freedoms have limits", said Mgr. Chomalí
- 2015-08-03 - “Abortion is never therapeutic”: local Catholic Church attacks
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission