AMERICA/CHILE - "Supporting initiatives in favor of development": the President of the Bishops' Conference meets newly elected President Bachelet
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Santiago de Chile and President of the Episcopal Conference of Chile, His Exc. Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati Andrello, SDB, met newly elected President Michelle Bachelet (see Fides 16/12/2013) for about 15 minutes.
During the meeting there was talk of the proposals of the Catholic Church regarding the development of the country. The main points are contained in a document given to Bachelet and is invited to read carefully.
The note sent to Fides Agency reports the Archbishop’s statement at the end of the meeting: "The Catholic Church is not a political institution, but politics and the Church have the same recipients, who are the men and women of Chile. So we are interested in the people of Chile and, as always, according to our identity, we are ready to support any initiative in favor of the integral development of all the people of our country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2014-11-19 - Bishops support: "an educational reform for the good of the nation"
- 2014-10-20 - A hundred thousand on a pilgrimage for the family to the shrine of the first Chilean Saint
- 2014-10-03 - Apostolic Vicar of Aysen awarded: "Water is also a problem of sovereignty"
- 2014-06-26 - Wüñol Tripantu, the Mapuche celebration of the rebirth of life
- 2014-06-20 - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference
- 2014-05-30 - AMERICA/CHILE – Local Catholic Church committed to educational reform nation wide
- 2014-05-07 - The decline in vocations to priesthood at the center of the Assembly of Bishops of Chile
- 2014-04-14 - Card. Ezzati’s appeal: Solidarity with the people of Valparaiso after the tragic fire
- 2014-01-09 - Peru and Chile, brotherly peoples
- 2014-01-07 - "One should listen to the Mapuche people in order to resolve the conflict in Araucanía" asks the Bishop of Temuco