AMERICA/CHILE - "Supporting initiatives in favor of development": the President of the Bishops' Conference meets newly elected President Bachelet
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Santiago de Chile and President of the Episcopal Conference of Chile, His Exc. Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati Andrello, SDB, met newly elected President Michelle Bachelet (see Fides 16/12/2013) for about 15 minutes.
During the meeting there was talk of the proposals of the Catholic Church regarding the development of the country. The main points are contained in a document given to Bachelet and is invited to read carefully.
The note sent to Fides Agency reports the Archbishop’s statement at the end of the meeting: "The Catholic Church is not a political institution, but politics and the Church have the same recipients, who are the men and women of Chile. So we are interested in the people of Chile and, as always, according to our identity, we are ready to support any initiative in favor of the integral development of all the people of our country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2014-04-14 - Card. Ezzati’s appeal: Solidarity with the people of Valparaiso after the tragic fire
- 2014-01-09 - Peru and Chile, brotherly peoples
- 2014-01-07 - "One should listen to the Mapuche people in order to resolve the conflict in Araucanía" asks the Bishop of Temuco
- 2013-12-17 - "Supporting initiatives in favor of development": the President of the Bishops' Conference meets newly elected President Bachelet
- 2013-12-16 - Michelle Bachelet, Chile's new president
- 2013-11-23 - A community divided in two in order to protect the environment threatened by the Pascua Lama project
- 2013-11-22 - Solidarity of the Chilean Church to the victims of the typhoon that hit the Philippines
- 2013-11-08 - elected President of the CECh; waiting for the final message of the Assembly
- 2013-10-15 - A 12-meter missionary cross to conclude the "Youth Mission"
- 2013-10-11 - "Water should not be anyone's privilege": the first congress for water in Chile