AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Nearness does not leave us indifferent", Message from the Bishops of Patagonia
Patagonia (Agenzia Fides) - "We want to greet you with the greeting of the angels to the shepherds: do not fear, do not be afraid, I announce good tidings of great joy which shall be for all people!" This is how the Christmas message from the Bishops of Patagonia, Argentina begins, sent to Fides Agency, which then continues: "We know we live in difficult times. Anyone who looks objectively and with responsibility this moment in history can only report very complex and worrying situations".
The Bishops, observing "our Patagonia", write: "How many economic interests are there without measure and concentrated in a few, this means that many live in insecurity! How many inequalities and injustices, which then become 'normal' in the inflated salaries of some and only 'crumbs' for many, due to misuse and corruption in the management of public property! How much violence fueled by the lack of equal opportunity!"
All this must not stifle hope, and the Message invites to listen to the Christmas invitation again: "Do not fear, and have no doubt of this invitation because it stems from the fact that the Lord is with us, and that in Him new life is a reality put in our hands". In conclusion the Bishops invite communities to live the call of Jesus in close proximity to all: "Nearness does not leave us indifferent, indeed, it is the beginning of a new journey of life". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2014-08-21 - The Church launches an alarm regarding the increase of suicides among teenagers
- 2014-08-06 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Pope Francis welcomes the opening of a reception center for victims of sexual exploitation
- 2014-07-08 - After 38 years the killers of the Bishop who fought for hope and dignity have been condemned
- 2014-06-27 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Social Week begins, to promote "the culture of meeting"
- 2014-06-26 - A city in march against consumption and illicit drug trafficking
- 2014-06-25 - Bishops concerned about the national economic situation
- 2014-06-18 - A video against drugs: the Church launches a campaign on social networking sites
- 2014-05-28 - Church and civil authorities together for the safety of citizens
- 2014-05-26 - After 10 years, President Kirchner takes part in the Te Deum for the national holiday
- 2014-05-14 - "The country is sick of violence": proposal of Bishops to respond to this reality