AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Nearness does not leave us indifferent", Message from the Bishops of Patagonia
Patagonia (Agenzia Fides) - "We want to greet you with the greeting of the angels to the shepherds: do not fear, do not be afraid, I announce good tidings of great joy which shall be for all people!" This is how the Christmas message from the Bishops of Patagonia, Argentina begins, sent to Fides Agency, which then continues: "We know we live in difficult times. Anyone who looks objectively and with responsibility this moment in history can only report very complex and worrying situations".
The Bishops, observing "our Patagonia", write: "How many economic interests are there without measure and concentrated in a few, this means that many live in insecurity! How many inequalities and injustices, which then become 'normal' in the inflated salaries of some and only 'crumbs' for many, due to misuse and corruption in the management of public property! How much violence fueled by the lack of equal opportunity!"
All this must not stifle hope, and the Message invites to listen to the Christmas invitation again: "Do not fear, and have no doubt of this invitation because it stems from the fact that the Lord is with us, and that in Him new life is a reality put in our hands". In conclusion the Bishops invite communities to live the call of Jesus in close proximity to all: "Nearness does not leave us indifferent, indeed, it is the beginning of a new journey of life". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes