AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Nearness does not leave us indifferent", Message from the Bishops of Patagonia
Patagonia (Agenzia Fides) - "We want to greet you with the greeting of the angels to the shepherds: do not fear, do not be afraid, I announce good tidings of great joy which shall be for all people!" This is how the Christmas message from the Bishops of Patagonia, Argentina begins, sent to Fides Agency, which then continues: "We know we live in difficult times. Anyone who looks objectively and with responsibility this moment in history can only report very complex and worrying situations".
The Bishops, observing "our Patagonia", write: "How many economic interests are there without measure and concentrated in a few, this means that many live in insecurity! How many inequalities and injustices, which then become 'normal' in the inflated salaries of some and only 'crumbs' for many, due to misuse and corruption in the management of public property! How much violence fueled by the lack of equal opportunity!"
All this must not stifle hope, and the Message invites to listen to the Christmas invitation again: "Do not fear, and have no doubt of this invitation because it stems from the fact that the Lord is with us, and that in Him new life is a reality put in our hands". In conclusion the Bishops invite communities to live the call of Jesus in close proximity to all: "Nearness does not leave us indifferent, indeed, it is the beginning of a new journey of life". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2014-03-05 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - The campaign against drug abuse, a scourge for thousands of young people, restarts in Jujuy
- 2014-02-20 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "From Blessed Brochero let us learn to become missionary disciples": meeting of the diocese of Patagonia
- 2014-01-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - On-Call service for cases of abuse, mistreatment or child neglect
- 2014-01-16 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Children subject of rights: an obligation for all States
- 2013-12-20 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Decent work against the culture of waste": the Pope's message to the MTE
- 2013-12-17 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Nearness does not leave us indifferent", Message from the Bishops of Patagonia
- 2013-12-11 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops call for social peace: problems have to be faced with dialogue
- 2013-12-11 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "There is social fear, now we have to heal the wounds of the people": the Bishop of Concordia talks about the violence
- 2013-12-10 AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Bishops’ appeal to stop violence and vandalism. "There have been deaths in Jujuy", said Mgr. Fernandez
- 2013-12-05 AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Violence and looting in Cordoba: for the Church these are criminal acts, not due to poverty