AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Nearness does not leave us indifferent", Message from the Bishops of Patagonia
Patagonia (Agenzia Fides) - "We want to greet you with the greeting of the angels to the shepherds: do not fear, do not be afraid, I announce good tidings of great joy which shall be for all people!" This is how the Christmas message from the Bishops of Patagonia, Argentina begins, sent to Fides Agency, which then continues: "We know we live in difficult times. Anyone who looks objectively and with responsibility this moment in history can only report very complex and worrying situations".
The Bishops, observing "our Patagonia", write: "How many economic interests are there without measure and concentrated in a few, this means that many live in insecurity! How many inequalities and injustices, which then become 'normal' in the inflated salaries of some and only 'crumbs' for many, due to misuse and corruption in the management of public property! How much violence fueled by the lack of equal opportunity!"
All this must not stifle hope, and the Message invites to listen to the Christmas invitation again: "Do not fear, and have no doubt of this invitation because it stems from the fact that the Lord is with us, and that in Him new life is a reality put in our hands". In conclusion the Bishops invite communities to live the call of Jesus in close proximity to all: "Nearness does not leave us indifferent, indeed, it is the beginning of a new journey of life". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2015-06-24 - Bishop of Jujuy: "We need the State’s strong support against drugs"
- 2015-06-18 - The first Congress on intercultural and interreligious dialogue
- 2015-06-12 - "We are concerned about the new poor", said Mgr. Ojea, head of Caritas
- 2015-06-11 - "In this America's Cup, and always, say no to trafficking": campaign against human trafficking
- 2015-05-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Child nutrition, drugs and poverty: meeting of Bishops and authorities of Buenos Aires
- 2015-05-26 - The Church's message for the National holiday: no to hatred, play politics with moral integrity
- 2015-05-20 - Half a million families with serious addictions to alcohol and drugs
- 2015-05-18 - First Report on the scourge of drugs prepared by UCA
- 2015-05-08 - Missionary dimension and social problems: meeting of the clergy of Patagonia
- 2015-05-02 - First parish dedicated to Juan Diego