AMERICA/ARGENTINA - "Nearness does not leave us indifferent", Message from the Bishops of Patagonia
Patagonia (Agenzia Fides) - "We want to greet you with the greeting of the angels to the shepherds: do not fear, do not be afraid, I announce good tidings of great joy which shall be for all people!" This is how the Christmas message from the Bishops of Patagonia, Argentina begins, sent to Fides Agency, which then continues: "We know we live in difficult times. Anyone who looks objectively and with responsibility this moment in history can only report very complex and worrying situations".
The Bishops, observing "our Patagonia", write: "How many economic interests are there without measure and concentrated in a few, this means that many live in insecurity! How many inequalities and injustices, which then become 'normal' in the inflated salaries of some and only 'crumbs' for many, due to misuse and corruption in the management of public property! How much violence fueled by the lack of equal opportunity!"
All this must not stifle hope, and the Message invites to listen to the Christmas invitation again: "Do not fear, and have no doubt of this invitation because it stems from the fact that the Lord is with us, and that in Him new life is a reality put in our hands". In conclusion the Bishops invite communities to live the call of Jesus in close proximity to all: "Nearness does not leave us indifferent, indeed, it is the beginning of a new journey of life". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 17/12/2013)
- 2015-10-06 - Mgr. Gimeno in view of the elections: "We must learn to choose before voting"
- 2015-09-24 - Over 40% of the poor in the capital is under 14 years of age
- 2015-09-23 - Argentinean missionary animators of "mission houses" in Cuba, a testimony
- 2015-09-15 - One death due to malnutrition every 10 hours, 2 out of 10 children do not have adequate food
- 2015-09-14 - The Bishops: malnutrition and poverty in the country, a "terrible reality"
- 2015-09-10 - "Cura Gaucho" on the path towards canonization, the people of Villa Cura Brochero celebrate
- 2015-09-02 - National Biblical campaign on the 50th anniversary of the "Dei Verbum"
- 2015-09-01 - "We cannot accept violence, we have to react": the Archbishop of Cordoba at the funeral of the murdered priest
- 2015-08-31 - Meeting of the PMS of Cone sur: from Ad Gentes to Evangelii Gaudium
- 2015-08-18 - “They steal not only the people’s money but also their hope” Bishop Lozano denounces