AMERICA/ARGENTINA - Bishops call for social peace: problems have to be faced with dialogue
Buenos Aires (Agenzia Fides) - "Argentina is in desperate need to stop attitudes that jeopardize safety and social peace. This affects all of us". This is how the message of the Episcopal Conference of Argentina begins which is addressed to the national community after the terrible events that took place in 16 cities across the country. "One cannot deny problems - continues the text sent to Fides Agency - but we have to face and solve them through sincere and constructive dialogue, which is an expression of social belonging and friendship. The police strike has created situations of insecurity regarding entire cities that do not agree with the spirit and professionalism of these security forces. We need your presence".
There were 5 days of tension, fear and violence in cities across the country: Buenos Aires, Santa Fe, Entre Ríos, Chaco, Tucumán, Jujuy, Cordoba and others. To put an end to the police protests, the provinces have granted an increase in the basic salary of policemen which now is 8,500 pesos a month (about $ 1,350), ie almost a 50 percent increase. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/12/2013)
- 2015-02-17 - During Lent let us assess our spirit of mission: message from Archbishop Arancedo
- 2015-02-14 - Mgr. Buenanueva:"We need good quality citizens"
- 2015-02-12 - Mgr. Lozano denounces: deaths due to child malnutrition in the country
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"