ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Pastoral Letter of the Archbishop of Seoul: A new year for the new evangelization
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - "The Word of God is a driving force of the new evangelization": this is why we must insist to highlight the importance of the Bible in every pastoral area: this is what the Archbishop of Seoul, Msg. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung says in the new Pastoral Letter for the year 2014. As a note sent to Fides by the Communications Office of the Diocese of Seoul informs, the local Church proposes to all the faithful to have a "vital relationship" with the Word of God, at different levels: daily reading and meditation; reading and sharing in small groups; in-depth analysis and biblical studies.
In the summary of the text sent to Fides, the Archbishop reiterates that "faith is generated by the Word of God, it grows stronger with the teachings of the Church and bears fruit through the actions of love".
This is why, notes Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung , "it is necessary to continue to work so that the foundation of faith that we learned and discovered during the Year of Faith dwells in each of us". The Archdiocese highlights some pastoral guidelines for the new year: putting the emphasis on the "Word of God" in all areas and pastoral programs; advise the faithful to read and daily meditate upon the Scripture; invite priests to always put Christ at the center of their homilies and preaching; live the new evangelization of the Church and the world with joy and renewed hope. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 11/12/2013)
- 2014-03-26 - "Small Christian Communities" instrument of evangelization
- 2014-03-14 - Church and government engaged in the Pope's visit; boom of participants at the Asian Youth Day
- 2014-03-11 - The Bishops: "Korea, rise up in splendor!", the Pope is coming
- 2014-02-24 - ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – Catholic Bishops: for 2014 “a Church with a warm heart”
- 2014-02-19 - "Forty days for life": Church reinforces its commitment against abortion
- 2014-02-10 - The Archbishop of Seoul: "The Korean martyrs, a model of holiness"
- 2014-02-06 - In the wake of Evangelii Gaudium, the Church is committed to the poor and unemployed
- 2014-02-04 - Vocations bloom: the ordination of bishops, priests and deacons in Seoul
- 2014-02-03 - The Archbishop of Seoul: "The Pope in Korea? A message of hope for all of Asia"
- 2014-01-24 - jung visits the homeless