ASIA/SOUTH KOREA - Pastoral Letter of the Archbishop of Seoul: A new year for the new evangelization
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - "The Word of God is a driving force of the new evangelization": this is why we must insist to highlight the importance of the Bible in every pastoral area: this is what the Archbishop of Seoul, Msg. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung says in the new Pastoral Letter for the year 2014. As a note sent to Fides by the Communications Office of the Diocese of Seoul informs, the local Church proposes to all the faithful to have a "vital relationship" with the Word of God, at different levels: daily reading and meditation; reading and sharing in small groups; in-depth analysis and biblical studies.
In the summary of the text sent to Fides, the Archbishop reiterates that "faith is generated by the Word of God, it grows stronger with the teachings of the Church and bears fruit through the actions of love".
This is why, notes Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung , "it is necessary to continue to work so that the foundation of faith that we learned and discovered during the Year of Faith dwells in each of us". The Archdiocese highlights some pastoral guidelines for the new year: putting the emphasis on the "Word of God" in all areas and pastoral programs; advise the faithful to read and daily meditate upon the Scripture; invite priests to always put Christ at the center of their homilies and preaching; live the new evangelization of the Church and the world with joy and renewed hope. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 11/12/2013)
- 2015-07-24 - ASIA/KOREA – Appointment of Auxiliary Bishop of Suwon
- 2015-06-23 - A new United Nations Office for Human Rights focused on North Korea, opens in Seoul
- 2015-06-19 - Prayer and fasting for peace and reconciliation in Korea
- 2015-04-10 - From the disaster in Sewol, a seed of peace and resurrection
- 2015-03-11 - Bishops: "Be a poor Church for the poor"
- 2014-11-12 - Catholic students: bring the message of Christ in schools and universities
- 2014-11-03 - The Church encourages the Small Christian communities to strengthen their faith and to proclaim the Gospel
- 2014-09-02 - ASIA/SOUTH KOREA – A missionary says “thank you Pope Francis: now it is up to us”
- 2014-08-18 - The Bishops: "The hug towards the disabled: the most significant moment of the Pope's visit"
- 2014-07-14 - The site of the Pope's trip to Korea is online