AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Bishops’ appeal to stop violence and vandalism. "There have been deaths in Jujuy", said Mgr. Fernandez
Jujuy (Agenzia Fides) - The Argentine Episcopal Conference has launched an appeal to the policemen who have been on strike in different regions of the country, asking them to "stop this behavior that jeopardizes safety and social peace". The Bishops invite the strikers to promote their wage demands "through honest dialogue".
"The police strike has created situations of insecurity abandonment in cities that do not agree with the spirit and professionalism of this security force", said the President of the Argentine Episcopal Conference, Monsignor José María Arancedo, Archbishop of Santa Fe, in a press statement.
Fides spoke to the Bishop of Jujuy, Mgr. César Daniel Fernández over the phone, who reported that "there have been some deaths due to looting in Jujuy, but the situation is returning to normality".
The Bishop added, however, "Many of these acts of vandalism are provoked, there are criminals who organize chaos and vandalism".
"We ask authorities to resolve this situation as soon as possible in order to reassure the community", concluded Mgr. Fernández. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/12/2013)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – BISHOPS’ APPEAL TO STOP VIOLENCE AND VANDALISM. "THERE HAVE BEEN DEATHS IN JUJUY", SAID MGR. FERNANDEZ
- 2015-01-22 - Nisman case: Bishops: "the people want the truth"
- 2015-01-15 - Divine Word Missionaries from Asia, Africa and Oceania work in Argentina
- 2015-01-09 - Tuberculosis and Chagas disease out of control in the Chaco
- 2014-12-23 - Church and government for the common good and peace of the country
- 2014-12-19 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Bishops: "Working together to build a more fraternal Country"
- 2014-12-17 - Church and government meet again
- 2014-12-11 - Drug and human trafficking: "There are people who have money stained with blood in their pocket"
- 2014-11-28 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Debate on the mining law, the Bishops ask respect for the environment
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum