AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Bishops’ appeal to stop violence and vandalism. "There have been deaths in Jujuy", said Mgr. Fernandez
Jujuy (Agenzia Fides) - The Argentine Episcopal Conference has launched an appeal to the policemen who have been on strike in different regions of the country, asking them to "stop this behavior that jeopardizes safety and social peace". The Bishops invite the strikers to promote their wage demands "through honest dialogue".
"The police strike has created situations of insecurity abandonment in cities that do not agree with the spirit and professionalism of this security force", said the President of the Argentine Episcopal Conference, Monsignor José María Arancedo, Archbishop of Santa Fe, in a press statement.
Fides spoke to the Bishop of Jujuy, Mgr. César Daniel Fernández over the phone, who reported that "there have been some deaths due to looting in Jujuy, but the situation is returning to normality".
The Bishop added, however, "Many of these acts of vandalism are provoked, there are criminals who organize chaos and vandalism".
"We ask authorities to resolve this situation as soon as possible in order to reassure the community", concluded Mgr. Fernández. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 10/12/2013)
AMERICA/ARGENTINA – BISHOPS’ APPEAL TO STOP VIOLENCE AND VANDALISM. "THERE HAVE BEEN DEATHS IN JUJUY", SAID MGR. FERNANDEZ
- 2014-11-05 - The fight against drugs should be considered a State matter
- 2014-11-04 - Two thousand secondary school teachers gathered for the XII Education Forum
- 2014-10-30 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – Drugs: "it is urgent to move from concern to action"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops' spot: where are the children who disappeared during the State terrorism?
- 2014-10-11 - During the debate on drugs, the government also looks at the position of Bishops
- 2014-10-09 - Strong commitment of the Diocese of Quilmes against human trafficking and related crimes
- 2014-10-08 - Free vaccination campaign for children
- 2014-09-06 - The life of every migrant demands we build a new world; migrants’ pilgrimage to Luján
- 2014-09-04 - Announcing Christ on the streets: “committed to mission” for the archdiocese of Salta
- 2014-09-03 - AMERICA/ARGENTINA – The Month of the Bible, ideal context for giving new impulse to the evangelising mission of the Church