AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
Ciudad Victoria (Agenzia Fides) - The Diocese of Ciudad Victoria (Mexico) restarts the celebration of evening Masses, which had been suspended in various church villages for security reasons. The Bishop of the diocese, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio González Sánchez, in the note sent to Fides Agency, comments: "About two years ago evening Masses had been suspended in some parishes, because people did not go anymore. Now, we are returning to a life which can be considered more normal".
Mgr. González Sánchez points out that in this time of the year parishioners show the same enthusiasm as the past: in fact they want to get together to organize the celebrations that are approaching, such as "las mañanitas a la Virgen de Guadalupe", a feast that takes place in all Catholic churches starting from the evening of 11 December.
"People know very well that in this month of December, we have a lot of feasts - continues the Bishop - such as the Sundays of Advent, the beginning of the liturgical year, the feast of the Immaculate Conception, the feast of the Virgin of Guadalupe on December 12, which here, as in many places around the country, starts on the 11th , and then, the Christmas 'posadas' from 16 December, Christmas Eve and Christmas". Mgr. González Sánchez, however, urges the priests and the faithful to be cautious in these difficult times. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/12/2013)
- 2015-05-28 - The churches of Piedras Negras become centers of aid to people affected by the tornado
- 2015-05-27 - Tornado among the strongest recorded in the country affects Ciudad Acuña: 14 deaths and massive damage
- 2015-05-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Mgr. Moreno Barron’s appeal: Go and vote, do not sell your vote
- 2015-05-19 - Six million Mexican children do not go to school because of discrimination
- 2015-05-13 - Tarahumara children sleep in schools so they are not forced to walk five hours
- 2015-05-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – When will violence be stopped?
- 2015-05-11 - Mgr. Armendáriz to candidates: "We want proposals rather than promises"
- 2015-05-06 - The monumental image of the "Cristo de las Noas" will be donated to the diocese of Torreon
- 2015-04-30 - Toys, sweets, clothes, shoes: collection in favor of the more vulnerable indigenous children
- 2015-04-27 - Cardinal Robles: "There is corruption, mistrust, culture of violence, but we must propose a Church that goes forth"