AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
Ciudad Victoria (Agenzia Fides) - The Diocese of Ciudad Victoria (Mexico) restarts the celebration of evening Masses, which had been suspended in various church villages for security reasons. The Bishop of the diocese, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio González Sánchez, in the note sent to Fides Agency, comments: "About two years ago evening Masses had been suspended in some parishes, because people did not go anymore. Now, we are returning to a life which can be considered more normal".
Mgr. González Sánchez points out that in this time of the year parishioners show the same enthusiasm as the past: in fact they want to get together to organize the celebrations that are approaching, such as "las mañanitas a la Virgen de Guadalupe", a feast that takes place in all Catholic churches starting from the evening of 11 December.
"People know very well that in this month of December, we have a lot of feasts - continues the Bishop - such as the Sundays of Advent, the beginning of the liturgical year, the feast of the Immaculate Conception, the feast of the Virgin of Guadalupe on December 12, which here, as in many places around the country, starts on the 11th , and then, the Christmas 'posadas' from 16 December, Christmas Eve and Christmas". Mgr. González Sánchez, however, urges the priests and the faithful to be cautious in these difficult times. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/12/2013)
- 2014-09-18 - XV national meeting of the pastoral care of human mobility: "Listening to the migrant brother is like listening to the voice of Jesus"
- 2014-09-16 - "To be free is to recognise goodness and see that evil enslaves”: Independence Day celebrations
- 2014-09-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – majority of child workers in Mexico’s south east regions
- 2014-09-08 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Appointment of National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societi
- 2014-09-01 - “Migrants: for a better world”, pastoral care for human mobility national meeting
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus