AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
Ciudad Victoria (Agenzia Fides) - The Diocese of Ciudad Victoria (Mexico) restarts the celebration of evening Masses, which had been suspended in various church villages for security reasons. The Bishop of the diocese, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio González Sánchez, in the note sent to Fides Agency, comments: "About two years ago evening Masses had been suspended in some parishes, because people did not go anymore. Now, we are returning to a life which can be considered more normal".
Mgr. González Sánchez points out that in this time of the year parishioners show the same enthusiasm as the past: in fact they want to get together to organize the celebrations that are approaching, such as "las mañanitas a la Virgen de Guadalupe", a feast that takes place in all Catholic churches starting from the evening of 11 December.
"People know very well that in this month of December, we have a lot of feasts - continues the Bishop - such as the Sundays of Advent, the beginning of the liturgical year, the feast of the Immaculate Conception, the feast of the Virgin of Guadalupe on December 12, which here, as in many places around the country, starts on the 11th , and then, the Christmas 'posadas' from 16 December, Christmas Eve and Christmas". Mgr. González Sánchez, however, urges the priests and the faithful to be cautious in these difficult times. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/12/2013)
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude
- 2015-02-20 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Nine years of indifference and impunity: the tragedy of Pasta de Conchos mine
- 2015-02-18 - “The poor are the ones who pay the price of corrupt politicians” Bishops denounce
- 2015-02-16 - For 20 years a group of women has offered railway-line assistance to emigrants travelling towards the United States
- 2015-02-12 - The Archdiocese of Acapulco committed to protecting young people from criminal gangs
- 2015-02-10 - Migrants: a phenomenon which is difficult to quantify
- 2015-02-09 - The Bishop of Zacatecas: "People die every day"
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children