AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
Ciudad Victoria (Agenzia Fides) - The Diocese of Ciudad Victoria (Mexico) restarts the celebration of evening Masses, which had been suspended in various church villages for security reasons. The Bishop of the diocese, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio González Sánchez, in the note sent to Fides Agency, comments: "About two years ago evening Masses had been suspended in some parishes, because people did not go anymore. Now, we are returning to a life which can be considered more normal".
Mgr. González Sánchez points out that in this time of the year parishioners show the same enthusiasm as the past: in fact they want to get together to organize the celebrations that are approaching, such as "las mañanitas a la Virgen de Guadalupe", a feast that takes place in all Catholic churches starting from the evening of 11 December.
"People know very well that in this month of December, we have a lot of feasts - continues the Bishop - such as the Sundays of Advent, the beginning of the liturgical year, the feast of the Immaculate Conception, the feast of the Virgin of Guadalupe on December 12, which here, as in many places around the country, starts on the 11th , and then, the Christmas 'posadas' from 16 December, Christmas Eve and Christmas". Mgr. González Sánchez, however, urges the priests and the faithful to be cautious in these difficult times. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/12/2013)
- 2014-11-15 - A Comboni missionary found dead in a mass grave, among other bodies
- 2014-11-13 - Mexican Bishops: "We do not want more blood, people killed or who disappear ... Enough!"
- 2014-11-11 - Show all the corruption and lies of those who have turned away from God and from the truth
- 2014-11-10 - The Bishops' appeal: "No more corruption and violence! Thorough investigation is needed"
- 2014-11-10 - The poor and the marginalized become producers of their food
- 2014-11-06 - Ecumenical Initiative: 43 hours of fasting and prayer for the 43 students of Ayotzinapa
- 2014-11-03 - The Bishops to the families of the students missing: "Hope pushes to keep fighting"
- 2014-10-30 - The families of the students who disappeared will be received by the President, Pope Francis asks for prayers
- 2014-10-27 - Living Rosary: 30 thousand faithful pray for drug traffickers and organized crime
- 2014-10-24 - Appeal and prayers for the students kidnapped: "Let them come back alive"