AMERICA/MEXICO - Evening Mass restarts, the communities want to prepare themselves for upcoming feasts
Ciudad Victoria (Agenzia Fides) - The Diocese of Ciudad Victoria (Mexico) restarts the celebration of evening Masses, which had been suspended in various church villages for security reasons. The Bishop of the diocese, His Exc. Mgr. Antonio González Sánchez, in the note sent to Fides Agency, comments: "About two years ago evening Masses had been suspended in some parishes, because people did not go anymore. Now, we are returning to a life which can be considered more normal".
Mgr. González Sánchez points out that in this time of the year parishioners show the same enthusiasm as the past: in fact they want to get together to organize the celebrations that are approaching, such as "las mañanitas a la Virgen de Guadalupe", a feast that takes place in all Catholic churches starting from the evening of 11 December.
"People know very well that in this month of December, we have a lot of feasts - continues the Bishop - such as the Sundays of Advent, the beginning of the liturgical year, the feast of the Immaculate Conception, the feast of the Virgin of Guadalupe on December 12, which here, as in many places around the country, starts on the 11th , and then, the Christmas 'posadas' from 16 December, Christmas Eve and Christmas". Mgr. González Sánchez, however, urges the priests and the faithful to be cautious in these difficult times. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/12/2013)
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration
- 2014-07-11 - The Central American Church's commitment to eradicate the causes of child emigration
- 2014-07-07 - More than 8 million indigenous women suffer physical and moral violence
- 2014-07-04 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Inauguration of a reception center, but the issue on migrants should be resolved at the root
- 2014-07-03 - Formation and spirituality for a missionary Church, engaged in society
- 2014-07-02 - Immigrant children: now even more controls on the southern border of Mexico
- 2014-07-01 - Despite the distrust of the population, the police fight against crime