AMERICA/MEXICO - "The Church is not afraid of threats", says the Bishop of Toluca
Toluca (Agenzia Fides) - "We too are part of the people, and we as people also receive threats and attempts of extortion", denounced the Bishop of Toluca, Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos.
The diocese has filed a complaint to the competent authorities. The note sent to Fides says: "We have faith and we do not fear other people’s wickedness. We must express our identity, we are different, and do not even need to leave everything in the hands of authorities. We are all responsible of our future", stressed the Bishop who called on operators of the media not to exaggerate the extent of these episodes. Often the threats do not lead to specific episodes of violence. "Mexico has the right to live in peace. We must be united in order to be responsible for our social life", said the Bishop.
Even the Church is not immune to the climate of violence and intimidation that shake the Country.
A situation that in some areas of the country generates terror: in fact, only a few days ago the police discoverd more than sixty corpses in a cemetery, in a remote area between the States of Jalisco and Michoacan, some of them with obvious signs of torture. We also recall the murder of two Catholic priests in late November (see Fides 30/11/2013 ) in their parish home in Tuxpan, in the State of Veracruz. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/12/2013)
- 2014-08-20 - The number of migrants who are victims of human trafficking increases
- 2014-08-12 - Organ trafficking and sexual exploitation: about 45,000 children and young people missing and abducted
- 2014-08-05 - The State of Tabasco extends medical assistance to migrants; the satisfaction of the Bishop
- 2014-07-31 - The Bishops: "Family Reunification for immigrant children"
- 2014-07-31 - Major epidemiological control towards the chikungunya virus
- 2014-07-30 - Prisons become "universities of crime": the Church insists on re-education
- 2014-07-28 - Over five thousand people march for peace and for life
- 2014-07-15 - The solution to the problem of emigration passes through cultural and social conversion
- 2014-07-15 - Bishop Aguilar’s appeal : "Migrant children are not intruders or invaders"
- 2014-07-14 - Cardinal Parolin, Vatican's Secretary of State, in Mexico for the emergency regarding emigration