AMERICA/MEXICO - "The Church is not afraid of threats", says the Bishop of Toluca
Toluca (Agenzia Fides) - "We too are part of the people, and we as people also receive threats and attempts of extortion", denounced the Bishop of Toluca, Mgr. Francisco Javier Chavolla Ramos.
The diocese has filed a complaint to the competent authorities. The note sent to Fides says: "We have faith and we do not fear other people’s wickedness. We must express our identity, we are different, and do not even need to leave everything in the hands of authorities. We are all responsible of our future", stressed the Bishop who called on operators of the media not to exaggerate the extent of these episodes. Often the threats do not lead to specific episodes of violence. "Mexico has the right to live in peace. We must be united in order to be responsible for our social life", said the Bishop.
Even the Church is not immune to the climate of violence and intimidation that shake the Country.
A situation that in some areas of the country generates terror: in fact, only a few days ago the police discoverd more than sixty corpses in a cemetery, in a remote area between the States of Jalisco and Michoacan, some of them with obvious signs of torture. We also recall the murder of two Catholic priests in late November (see Fides 30/11/2013 ) in their parish home in Tuxpan, in the State of Veracruz. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 07/12/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace