AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
Tula (Agenzia Fides) - They are looking for their children, marching with a photo of their relatives hanging on their chest: men, women, youth, are all immigrants who have disappeared. The Ninth Caravan of Central American Mothers in search of their children, left on the 29th November and arrived on the evening of 4 December at the Casa del Migrante "Il Samaritan", in the Bojay area, in the municipality of Atitalaquia.
The 43 women from Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, carry the burden of pain and hope in their heart. "They left alive, we want back alive".They march with firmness, strength and courage.
The Bishop of Tula, His Exc. Mgr. Juan Pedro Juarez Melendez, expressed his solidarity with the mothers. He also stressed that "many people take advantage of the poverty of immigrants who come here with nothing, no clothes or food. These are situations that concern us because they are human beings. Often we complain because when our Mexican brothers try to enter the United States States they are abused, but sometimes we do the same with these brothers and sisters who want to cross our country". The Bishop concluded by highlighting that "we are responsible for the people who pass through our country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/12/2013)
- 2015-11-18 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The missing priest's body found, he had been set on fire
- 2015-11-17 - Parish priest in Cook has been missing for days
- 2015-11-16 - The child martyrs of Tlaxcala: martyrs of all Latin America
- 2015-11-12 - Minors not allowed to work in the sugarcane fields
- 2015-11-10 - A battlefield where migrants suffer, are attacked, die
- 2015-11-06 - Mgr. Arizmendi inaugurates a house of the migrant in Tuxtla Gutierrez
- 2015-11-05 - Bishops' appeal for peace: "Dialogue with everyone, even with organized crime"
- 2015-11-03 - For the first time in Mexican history a Pope's encyclical will be presented in the Senate
- 2015-10-27 - “Drugs are drugs even when sold as medicines”: the Catholic stance
- 2015-10-27 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Children in mining areas risk lead poisoning