AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
Tula (Agenzia Fides) - They are looking for their children, marching with a photo of their relatives hanging on their chest: men, women, youth, are all immigrants who have disappeared. The Ninth Caravan of Central American Mothers in search of their children, left on the 29th November and arrived on the evening of 4 December at the Casa del Migrante "Il Samaritan", in the Bojay area, in the municipality of Atitalaquia.
The 43 women from Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, carry the burden of pain and hope in their heart. "They left alive, we want back alive".They march with firmness, strength and courage.
The Bishop of Tula, His Exc. Mgr. Juan Pedro Juarez Melendez, expressed his solidarity with the mothers. He also stressed that "many people take advantage of the poverty of immigrants who come here with nothing, no clothes or food. These are situations that concern us because they are human beings. Often we complain because when our Mexican brothers try to enter the United States States they are abused, but sometimes we do the same with these brothers and sisters who want to cross our country". The Bishop concluded by highlighting that "we are responsible for the people who pass through our country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/12/2013)
- 2015-04-21 - Consecration of the Bishop of Orizaba: active participation of the indigenous community in Náhuatl language
- 2015-04-20 - Every day two thousand weapons smuggled into Mexico from the United States
- 2015-04-17 - The Assembly of Bishops: "Without trust and participation we cannot go forth!"
- 2015-04-15 - Every year thousands of children are born on the street, at home or in situations considered at high risk
- 2015-04-14 - Meeting between the Church and those responsible of the elections: no to boycott
- 2015-04-09 - Another priest killed
- 2015-03-31 - The denunciation of the Bishop of Piedras Negras: Too many missing persons of whom we know nothing
- 2015-03-23 - Caritas supports 80 thousand people without food or health care
- 2015-02-27 - The number of child laborers, exploited and often unpaid continues to increase
- 2015-02-27 - 5 months after the death of the students of Ayotzinapa: a calm but critical attitude