AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
Tula (Agenzia Fides) - They are looking for their children, marching with a photo of their relatives hanging on their chest: men, women, youth, are all immigrants who have disappeared. The Ninth Caravan of Central American Mothers in search of their children, left on the 29th November and arrived on the evening of 4 December at the Casa del Migrante "Il Samaritan", in the Bojay area, in the municipality of Atitalaquia.
The 43 women from Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, carry the burden of pain and hope in their heart. "They left alive, we want back alive".They march with firmness, strength and courage.
The Bishop of Tula, His Exc. Mgr. Juan Pedro Juarez Melendez, expressed his solidarity with the mothers. He also stressed that "many people take advantage of the poverty of immigrants who come here with nothing, no clothes or food. These are situations that concern us because they are human beings. Often we complain because when our Mexican brothers try to enter the United States States they are abused, but sometimes we do the same with these brothers and sisters who want to cross our country". The Bishop concluded by highlighting that "we are responsible for the people who pass through our country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/12/2013)
- 2015-01-27 - Cardinal Rivera: "To change our society personal conversion is needed"
- 2015-01-27 - Child labor: 2 million and a half working children
- 2015-01-26 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Central America discuss the issue regarding assistance to migrants
- 2015-01-19 - Bishop of Zacatecas: The closure of mines is everyone’s problem
- 2015-01-17 - "We must stop violent groups", said Bishop Gallardo
- 2015-01-16 - AMERICA/MEXICO – The Bishops of Guerrero appreciate the good will of the army
- 2015-01-16 - The New Testament in Tsotsil language in the pipeline
- 2015-01-14 - Corruption: a serious disease that has infected all
- 2015-01-09 - The priests of Guerrero "continue to preach the Gospel as always" despite threats and blackmail,
- 2015-01-07 - "The jungle law" does not stop theft