AMERICA/MEXICO - "They left alive, we want them back alive": solidarity for the Caravan of Central American mothers
Tula (Agenzia Fides) - They are looking for their children, marching with a photo of their relatives hanging on their chest: men, women, youth, are all immigrants who have disappeared. The Ninth Caravan of Central American Mothers in search of their children, left on the 29th November and arrived on the evening of 4 December at the Casa del Migrante "Il Samaritan", in the Bojay area, in the municipality of Atitalaquia.
The 43 women from Nicaragua, El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras, carry the burden of pain and hope in their heart. "They left alive, we want back alive".They march with firmness, strength and courage.
The Bishop of Tula, His Exc. Mgr. Juan Pedro Juarez Melendez, expressed his solidarity with the mothers. He also stressed that "many people take advantage of the poverty of immigrants who come here with nothing, no clothes or food. These are situations that concern us because they are human beings. Often we complain because when our Mexican brothers try to enter the United States States they are abused, but sometimes we do the same with these brothers and sisters who want to cross our country". The Bishop concluded by highlighting that "we are responsible for the people who pass through our country". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 06/12/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - The Church reminds authorities that they even have to respond to the law for their actions
- 2014-12-13 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Conclusion of the 10th "Caravan of hope": 9 missing migrants found
- 2014-12-10 - The Church close to the families of the missing students and engaged in proposing solutions
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – After14 years ordination of 9 Indigenous permanent deacons
- 2014-12-09 - AMERICA/MEXICO – Young man dies to obtain justice
- 2014-12-06 - Bishop of Torreón calls for “more proposals and less protests to achieve peace”
- 2014-12-03 - Bishop Alba: "We cannot allow criminals steal our streets, steal our peace"
- 2014-11-29 - After improvised lessons in the street, minors are forced to bring chairs in a house used as a school every day
- 2014-11-29 - Students missing: "The authorities must clarify the situation", said the Bishop of Tlaxcala
- 2014-11-28 - From the first Sunday of Advent: Twelve Days of Prayer for Peace