AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Santa Cruz, His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Gualberti, has asked to "take the path of peace and transform weapons into instruments of labor, decent work to ensure a dignified life for people". During the Sunday homily, the Archbishop stressed: "In our society there is too much violence and death, which may be the result of madness, but also hatred" Then he added: "the death of three young children, the murders that occur in our cities, must question us as a society ... are the result of removing God from our lives". "We cannot live in fear - said Msg. Gualberti, according to the note sent to Fides by Bolivian agency ANF -. We must stop living in indifference".
In the Andean country the number of people who carry firearms is increasing, while violent robberies and people wounded by gunfire have increased tremendouly. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2013)
- 2014-08-05 - National holiday: the Church hopes for unity and peace, in view of the forthcoming elections
- 2014-08-04 - Prevention to fight against the new phenomenon of 'micro-trafficking' of drugs
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"