AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Santa Cruz, His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Gualberti, has asked to "take the path of peace and transform weapons into instruments of labor, decent work to ensure a dignified life for people". During the Sunday homily, the Archbishop stressed: "In our society there is too much violence and death, which may be the result of madness, but also hatred" Then he added: "the death of three young children, the murders that occur in our cities, must question us as a society ... are the result of removing God from our lives". "We cannot live in fear - said Msg. Gualberti, according to the note sent to Fides by Bolivian agency ANF -. We must stop living in indifference".
In the Andean country the number of people who carry firearms is increasing, while violent robberies and people wounded by gunfire have increased tremendouly. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2013)
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying
- 2014-02-28 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Flood stricken native peoples in Beni destitute and starving
- 2014-02-25 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Classrooms under water, 10 toilets and no water for more than 1000 pupils
- 2014-01-28 - National Emergency: 6000 homeless families due to rains and floods
- 2014-01-22 - The Andean Countries together for the XIII Regional Meeting of the Youth Ministry
- 2013-12-12 - Cardinal Terrazas urges to "combat violence, not with words, but with actions"
- 2013-12-03 - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz