AMERICA/BOLIVIA - "We cannot live in fear, we must take the path of peace", says the Archbishop of Santa Cruz
Santa Cruz (Agenzia Fides) - The Archbishop of Santa Cruz, His Exc. Mgr. Sergio Gualberti, has asked to "take the path of peace and transform weapons into instruments of labor, decent work to ensure a dignified life for people". During the Sunday homily, the Archbishop stressed: "In our society there is too much violence and death, which may be the result of madness, but also hatred" Then he added: "the death of three young children, the murders that occur in our cities, must question us as a society ... are the result of removing God from our lives". "We cannot live in fear - said Msg. Gualberti, according to the note sent to Fides by Bolivian agency ANF -. We must stop living in indifference".
In the Andean country the number of people who carry firearms is increasing, while violent robberies and people wounded by gunfire have increased tremendouly. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2013)
- 2014-11-18 - Towards CAM 5: Bolivia presents a preliminary work plan
- 2014-11-17 - A project to spread Afro culture among children of Yungas communities
- 2014-11-12 - The Eucharist is necessary for fraternal communion and mission
- 2014-11-11 - The law on education must be applied without discrimination
- 2014-11-07 - Education, communication and drug trafficking: the Bishops prepare three pastoral Letters
- 2014-10-29 - Solidarity and concrete evangelization: meeting of diocesan Directors of the Pontifical Mission Societies
- 2014-10-24 - 50% of children who are born with Chagas' disease do not receive any medical care
- 2014-10-11 - Mission Month: schools in Sucre also go on missions
- 2014-10-02 - The priority for the Auxiliary Bishop of Reyes: "Working to be a single Christian community"
- 2014-09-04 - AMERICA/BOLIVIA – Catholic Bishops of Bolivia and Peru take communications course “For a culture of encounter”