ASIA/IRAQ - Chaldean Patriarchate to Christians: sign up to the electoral lists and participate as candidates
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans has issued an invitation to its faithful to renew or check that their names are on the the lists of voters and to get the electoral cards to guarantee participation in the upcoming legislative elections, scheduled for April 30. "Participation in the parliamentary elections", reads the statement released by the official channels of the Patriarchate and sent to Fides Agency "is a national and moral responsibility. We ask the voters to choose their representatives who have competence and courage, and who prefer the country’s interest and the people’s interest over personal or group’s interest and follow its issues closely". The Patriarchate hopes that Christians would agree on one list and we encourage on becoming a candidate. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2013)
- 2014-07-26 - ASIA/IRAQ – Pope Francis calls the Chaldean Patriarch. Rumors about the destruction of churches in Mosul have been denied
- 2014-07-23 - Iraqi Bishops appeal to the Prime Minister and the government: "stop the catastrophe"
- 2014-07-23 - The jihadists of the "Caliphate" attack Tilkif, rejected by Kurdish Peshmerga
- 2014-07-22 - Last exodus from Mosul: nearly three thousand Christians
- 2014-07-21 - ASIA/IRAQ – The Syrian Monastery of Mar Behnam in the hands of the militia of the "Islamic Caliphate"
- 2014-07-18 - The last Christian families leave Mosul
- 2014-07-16 - In Mosul, the Islamic Caliphate orders: no aid to Christians and Shiites, while their homes are being expropriated
- 2014-07-15 - Letter from Patriarch Louis Raphael I to Iraqi Parliament: there is no time to waste
- 2014-07-15 - The Chaldean nuns and the children released, "a sign of hope for all"
- 2014-07-09 - ASIA/IRAQ – Safety measures taken for the relics of St. Thomas Mosul