ASIA/IRAQ - Chaldean Patriarchate to Christians: sign up to the electoral lists and participate as candidates
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans has issued an invitation to its faithful to renew or check that their names are on the the lists of voters and to get the electoral cards to guarantee participation in the upcoming legislative elections, scheduled for April 30. "Participation in the parliamentary elections", reads the statement released by the official channels of the Patriarchate and sent to Fides Agency "is a national and moral responsibility. We ask the voters to choose their representatives who have competence and courage, and who prefer the country’s interest and the people’s interest over personal or group’s interest and follow its issues closely". The Patriarchate hopes that Christians would agree on one list and we encourage on becoming a candidate. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2013)
- 2015-07-23 - Also in Kirkuk expropriation of Christian homes
- 2015-07-22 - The government orders the transfer of the military of the Nineveh Plain to Baghdad; Christian politicians protest
- 2015-07-14 - The Chaldean Church of St. Joseph in Mosul transformed into a mosque
- 2015-07-10 - In Baghdad, Christians kidnapped and killed despite the payment of ransom
- 2015-07-03 - The founding conference of the Chaldean League has concluded
- 2015-07-01 - An international conference in Erbil to found the "League of the Chaldeans"
- 2015-06-18 - Chaldean Patriarch sends a message to Muslims for the start of Ramadan
- 2015-06-13 - Thousands of Christian homes taken by deception
- 2015-06-10 - Chaldean Patriarch: a year after the fall of Mosul, only national reconciliation can save the country
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"