ASIA/IRAQ - Chaldean Patriarchate to Christians: sign up to the electoral lists and participate as candidates
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans has issued an invitation to its faithful to renew or check that their names are on the the lists of voters and to get the electoral cards to guarantee participation in the upcoming legislative elections, scheduled for April 30. "Participation in the parliamentary elections", reads the statement released by the official channels of the Patriarchate and sent to Fides Agency "is a national and moral responsibility. We ask the voters to choose their representatives who have competence and courage, and who prefer the country’s interest and the people’s interest over personal or group’s interest and follow its issues closely". The Patriarchate hopes that Christians would agree on one list and we encourage on becoming a candidate. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2013)
- 2015-11-20 - Christian and Muslim leaders in Kurdistan celebrate together the "day of tolerance"
- 2015-11-13 - A kindergarten, a language and professional training center for the displaced
- 2015-11-11 - Large participation in the protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-09 - Chaldean Patriarch convenes a protest against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-11-05 - Even Christians demonstrate in Erbil against the law on the Islamization of minors
- 2015-10-28 - Parliament rejected the request to change the law on the religious affiliation regarding children
- 2015-10-23 - 400 young Christians take part in Kirkuk Youth Day
- 2015-10-10 - Christians in Erbil protest against corruption, "our neighborhoods are being filled with infamous clubs"
- 2015-10-09 - Two Iraqi sisters go and live among the Christian refugees camped in Erbil
- 2015-10-06 - Iraqi Ministry of Justice: Christian property will be protected