ASIA/IRAQ - Chaldean Patriarchate to Christians: sign up to the electoral lists and participate as candidates
Baghdad (Agenzia Fides) - The Patriarchate of Babylon of the Chaldeans has issued an invitation to its faithful to renew or check that their names are on the the lists of voters and to get the electoral cards to guarantee participation in the upcoming legislative elections, scheduled for April 30. "Participation in the parliamentary elections", reads the statement released by the official channels of the Patriarchate and sent to Fides Agency "is a national and moral responsibility. We ask the voters to choose their representatives who have competence and courage, and who prefer the country’s interest and the people’s interest over personal or group’s interest and follow its issues closely". The Patriarchate hopes that Christians would agree on one list and we encourage on becoming a candidate. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 03/12/2013)
- 2015-05-15 - The Chaldean Patriarch visits Tehran: "The Iranian government supports the people and the government of Iraq"
- 2015-05-04 - Chaldean Patriarch opens discussion on the draft Constitution for the Iraqi Kurdistan Region
- 2015-05-02 - Military offensive to free the province of Nineveh. Chaldean priest: "Christians want to return to their homes"
- 2015-04-13 - Northern Iraq's displaced get own radio station
- 2015-03-30 - The Chaldean Church participates in the mourning for the death of Assyrian Patriarch Mar Dinkha IV
- 2015-03-28 - Chaldean Patriarch to the UN: the "Arab Spring" impacted negatively on Christians
- 2015-03-16 - Chaldean Patriarch: a law against preachers who incite violence is needed
- 2015-03-12 - The monastery of St. George in Mosul damaged, but not destroyed
- 2015-03-10 - Appeal of the Chaldean Patriarch: the offensive against the Caliphate causes new humanitarian emergencies
- 2015-02-24 - ASIA/IRAQ – Courses to start soon at Erbil Catholic University