AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A response of the missionary church to the multicultural world, the work of CAM4
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - With a procession of the various Marian devotions in Latin America, the 4th American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) officially opened on November 27th, in the Venezuela hall of the Palace of Events in Maracaibo. The event was attended by more than 3000 missionaries.
Fr. Andrea Bigotti IMC, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Venezuela, read the letter sent by His Holiness Pope Francis for the celebration of CAM 4, which calls for a new impetus to the continental mission promoted in Aparecida. Then His Eminence Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, recalled Pope Francis’ message at the 2013 World Youth Day (WYD) in Brazil. The Prefect stressed that evangelization has undergone repercussions because of cultural models, social change and new ecclesial and technological contexts (See the full text, Fides 28/11/2013) .
After the Cardinal’s intervention, Lucas Cervino, Argentine layman spoke on the topic "Today's world, multicultural and secularized", followed by Mgr. Silvio Baez, Auxiliary Bishop of Managua in Nicaragua who spoke of the Word of God, the source of significance for today’s world, in the light of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium".
In the afternoon, 22 thematic forums were held. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/11/2013)
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene
- 2015-06-19 - "They have our support": Mgr. Conde receives young people on hunger strike and writes to the Pope
- 2015-06-05 - Appeal to the authorities in favor of protesters on hunger strike
- 2015-06-03 - The Church calls on the authorities to respond to the students on hunger strike
- 2015-05-30 - Six young people on hunger strike in a church in Caracas