AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A response of the missionary church to the multicultural world, the work of CAM4
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - With a procession of the various Marian devotions in Latin America, the 4th American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) officially opened on November 27th, in the Venezuela hall of the Palace of Events in Maracaibo. The event was attended by more than 3000 missionaries.
Fr. Andrea Bigotti IMC, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Venezuela, read the letter sent by His Holiness Pope Francis for the celebration of CAM 4, which calls for a new impetus to the continental mission promoted in Aparecida. Then His Eminence Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, recalled Pope Francis’ message at the 2013 World Youth Day (WYD) in Brazil. The Prefect stressed that evangelization has undergone repercussions because of cultural models, social change and new ecclesial and technological contexts (See the full text, Fides 28/11/2013) .
After the Cardinal’s intervention, Lucas Cervino, Argentine layman spoke on the topic "Today's world, multicultural and secularized", followed by Mgr. Silvio Baez, Auxiliary Bishop of Managua in Nicaragua who spoke of the Word of God, the source of significance for today’s world, in the light of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium".
In the afternoon, 22 thematic forums were held. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/11/2013)
- 2015-05-19 - Casa-Hogar "Padre Machado" in El Valle occupied with violence for a few hours
- 2015-03-03 - Classes suspended in the University of Tachira, false accusations made against the Catholic University
- 2015-02-27 - The Bishops: "Stop murderous violence!"
- 2015-02-25 - More violence and protests: 6 dead in six days of demonstrations
- 2015-02-24 - Growing tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa denounces murder of 3 students
- 2015-02-20 - Police arrest Mayor of Caracas, for Archbishop Lückert “proof of dictatorship ”
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm