AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A response of the missionary church to the multicultural world, the work of CAM4
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - With a procession of the various Marian devotions in Latin America, the 4th American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) officially opened on November 27th, in the Venezuela hall of the Palace of Events in Maracaibo. The event was attended by more than 3000 missionaries.
Fr. Andrea Bigotti IMC, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Venezuela, read the letter sent by His Holiness Pope Francis for the celebration of CAM 4, which calls for a new impetus to the continental mission promoted in Aparecida. Then His Eminence Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, recalled Pope Francis’ message at the 2013 World Youth Day (WYD) in Brazil. The Prefect stressed that evangelization has undergone repercussions because of cultural models, social change and new ecclesial and technological contexts (See the full text, Fides 28/11/2013) .
After the Cardinal’s intervention, Lucas Cervino, Argentine layman spoke on the topic "Today's world, multicultural and secularized", followed by Mgr. Silvio Baez, Auxiliary Bishop of Managua in Nicaragua who spoke of the Word of God, the source of significance for today’s world, in the light of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium".
In the afternoon, 22 thematic forums were held. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/11/2013)
- 2014-04-16 - "The situation of the country does not depend only on a political issue", said Mgr. Parra Sandoval
- 2014-04-14 - Cardinal Urosa invites to find every possible path to solve the serious problems in the country, due to general discomfort
- 2014-04-11 - Pope Francis writes to Venezuelan leaders and opposition ahead of key talks
- 2014-04-08 - Growing concerns about insecurity, while today Maduro meets the opposition
- 2014-04-03 - The Bishops alarm after two months of violence: "Venezuela government seeks 'totalitarian' regime"
- 2014-03-29 - The Holy See "willing and eager" to help Venezuela
- 2014-03-25 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Dialogue is "necessary" to stop violence
- 2014-03-21 - Bishops, missionaries, believers from all over the country: we want peace!
- 2014-03-15 - The Church: stop to the violence in Venezuela
- 2014-03-11 - One cannot stop violence with violence