AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A response of the missionary church to the multicultural world, the work of CAM4
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - With a procession of the various Marian devotions in Latin America, the 4th American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) officially opened on November 27th, in the Venezuela hall of the Palace of Events in Maracaibo. The event was attended by more than 3000 missionaries.
Fr. Andrea Bigotti IMC, National Director of the Pontifical Mission Societies in Venezuela, read the letter sent by His Holiness Pope Francis for the celebration of CAM 4, which calls for a new impetus to the continental mission promoted in Aparecida. Then His Eminence Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, recalled Pope Francis’ message at the 2013 World Youth Day (WYD) in Brazil. The Prefect stressed that evangelization has undergone repercussions because of cultural models, social change and new ecclesial and technological contexts (See the full text, Fides 28/11/2013) .
After the Cardinal’s intervention, Lucas Cervino, Argentine layman spoke on the topic "Today's world, multicultural and secularized", followed by Mgr. Silvio Baez, Auxiliary Bishop of Managua in Nicaragua who spoke of the Word of God, the source of significance for today’s world, in the light of Pope Francis’ Apostolic Exhortation "Evangelii Gaudium".
In the afternoon, 22 thematic forums were held. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 28/11/2013)
- 2015-11-26 - Tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa: "State officials must ask for peace"
- 2015-11-23 - With the closure of borders many children are unlikely to make their First Communion
- 2015-11-11 - The Bishops call for elections: "Free vote, essential to strengthen democracy"
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals