AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Joy and music for the great feast of the mission: CAM 4 has begun
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - With much joy and missionary spirit, the Fourth American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) and the Ninth Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 9) began last night November 26th. The Mass of inauguration was held in the square of the Basilica of Our Lady of Chiquinquirá, presided over by Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Special Envoy of the Holy Father.
According to Fides sources more than 3,000 missionaries, about 600 priests, 100 Bishops and many faithful from the parishes and communities that surround the city of Maracaibo, before the Eucharist welcomed the relics of St. Therese of Lisieux, Patroness of the Missions, that arrived in the Venezuelan territory on October 28 for the celebration of this great event.
The Eucharist was animated by the choir Interparroquial of the Archdiocese of Maracaibo, wih local liturgical hymns and other songs known universally as "Fisherman of Men" and "Missionary Alma", which caused great excitement and participation among everyone.
After communion His Exc. Mgr. Diego Padron, President of the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference (CEV), and some politicians in the region intervened.
After Mass, the musical group "The Chiquinquireños" sang several songs to the sound of Cuatro, drums, maracas and Furros, to honor Our Lady of Chiquinquirá, Mother of God and Patroness of the region, while the sky was lit by hundreds of fireworks. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 27/112013)
- 2014-02-28 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Pray for Venezuela and discern events in the light of the Word of God
- 2014-02-27 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Church at National Conference for Peace: find ways and means for dialogue to resolve the difficulties of Venezuela
- 2014-02-26 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - “A process of reconciliation is necessary”, Bishops call dialogue to discover the truth
- 2014-02-26 AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Christians in prayer to accompany imminent National Peace Conference
- 2014-02-21 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Cardinal Urosa to the government: "dialogue that recognizes the country's problems "
- 2014-02-18 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Funeral of the two Salesians killed: more than 50 years at the service of Venezuela
- 2014-02-17 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - Two Salesians killed and two others injured during a robbery, insecurity in the country is worrying
- 2014-02-15 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - The Bishop of Maracay: "One has the right to protest, but violence has to stop"
- 2014-02-14 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "The government must listen to the people who protest" the voice of the Church after 3 deaths during demonstrations
- 2014-01-31 AMERICA/VENEZUELA - According to the report of an NGO, more than 500 deaths in prisons in 2013