AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "May this continent allow faith to grow in other continents", said Cardinal Filoni, Special Envoy of the Pope at CAM 4
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides ) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Special Envoy of the Holy Father, arrived in Maracaibo (Venezuela), at the IV American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) and IX Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 9), which opens this afternoon, November 26. The Prefect of the Congregation was welcomed by His Exc. Mgr. Diego Padron Sanchez, President of the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference (CEV) and by His Exc. Mgr. Ubaldo Santana Sequera, Archbishop of Maracaibo and host of this great missionary event, and by other Bishops of the dioceses of Venezuela.
In an exclusive interview with the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Mexico, sent to Fides Agency, Cardinal Filoni wanted to express his expectations for this fourth edition of CAM, saying he was certain that "this will be a great missionary Congress". "Everyone is waiting for the Gospel to reach the people who do not know Jesus - said the Cardinal - and that is why I know that Mexico has a great missionary role, it has sent missionaries around the world. People who participate in this Congress are people who come from this American continent and from Latin America, a continent where more than 500 years ago, the Gospel arrived. Now is the time that the continent allows faith to grow in other continents".
The work of CAM 4 will be broadcast live on satellite tv and shared on the network. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/11/2013)
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm
- 2015-01-08 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Assembly of Bishops: dialogue to end the crisis and the necessity to find agreed solutions
- 2014-12-06 - Poverty, few infrastructures and precarious preventive measures: fertile terrain for Chikungunya virus
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed
- 2014-09-27 - "Do not be afraid of peace" Pope Francis’ letter to Venezuela
- 2014-09-16 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Laity meet apostolic Nuncio, a tradition which encourages the unity of the Church