AMERICA/VENEZUELA - "May this continent allow faith to grow in other continents", said Cardinal Filoni, Special Envoy of the Pope at CAM 4
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides ) - Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples, Special Envoy of the Holy Father, arrived in Maracaibo (Venezuela), at the IV American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) and IX Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 9), which opens this afternoon, November 26. The Prefect of the Congregation was welcomed by His Exc. Mgr. Diego Padron Sanchez, President of the Venezuelan Episcopal Conference (CEV) and by His Exc. Mgr. Ubaldo Santana Sequera, Archbishop of Maracaibo and host of this great missionary event, and by other Bishops of the dioceses of Venezuela.
In an exclusive interview with the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Mexico, sent to Fides Agency, Cardinal Filoni wanted to express his expectations for this fourth edition of CAM, saying he was certain that "this will be a great missionary Congress". "Everyone is waiting for the Gospel to reach the people who do not know Jesus - said the Cardinal - and that is why I know that Mexico has a great missionary role, it has sent missionaries around the world. People who participate in this Congress are people who come from this American continent and from Latin America, a continent where more than 500 years ago, the Gospel arrived. Now is the time that the continent allows faith to grow in other continents".
The work of CAM 4 will be broadcast live on satellite tv and shared on the network. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 26/11/2013)
- 2015-05-19 - Casa-Hogar "Padre Machado" in El Valle occupied with violence for a few hours
- 2015-03-03 - Classes suspended in the University of Tachira, false accusations made against the Catholic University
- 2015-02-27 - The Bishops: "Stop murderous violence!"
- 2015-02-25 - More violence and protests: 6 dead in six days of demonstrations
- 2015-02-24 - Growing tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa denounces murder of 3 students
- 2015-02-20 - Police arrest Mayor of Caracas, for Archbishop Lückert “proof of dictatorship ”
- 2015-01-31 - Four churches attacked in Mérida
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm