AMERICA/VENEZUELA - On the eve of the opening of CAM 4, the last phase of the continental missionary journey
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - There are only a few hours at the opening of the Fourth American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) and IX Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 9), which will be held in Maracaibo (Venezuela), from November 26 to December 1. According to information Fides Agency received, of the more than 4,000 expected participants, delegations from Argentina, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, United States, Brazil, Bolivia, Canada, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Panama have already arrived. Welcomed by the volunteers, national representatives, they will be hosted by families who have opened the door of their house to accommodate them during the Congress.
Promoted by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in collaboration with the Archdiocese of Maracaibo and the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela, the continental event is the last of a long series of milestones that mark the missionary path of the Church in Latin America. The Latin American Missionary Congresses (COMLA ) were in fact born in 1977, with the National Missionary Congresses of Mexico, then expanded to the entire American continent (American Missionary Congress CAM), in this order: 1977 Comla 1, Torreon (Mexico); 1983 Comla 2, Tlaxcala (Mexico); 1987 Comla 3, Bogotá (Colombia ); 1991 Comla 4, Lima (Peru); 1995 Comla 5, Belo Horizonte (Brazil); 1999 CAM 1 - Comla 6, Paraná (Argentina); 2003 CAM 2 - Comla 7, Guatemala City (Guatemala); 2008 CAM 3 - Comla 8, Quito (Ecuador). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/11/2013)
- 2015-07-21 - The body of a Franciscan who died a few days has been found
- 2015-07-20 - Games, songs, dances: a feast to celebrate children
- 2015-07-10 - Catholic Bishops: "The Christian experience must have social consequences"
- 2015-07-07 - Mgr. Padrón: "Corruption, repression, popular discontent characterize the present"
- 2015-07-06 - 35,000 people have been isolated due to floods, other 25,000 at risk
- 2015-06-22 - Hunger strike in 12 states for political prisoners, the Church has been asked to intervene
- 2015-06-19 - "They have our support": Mgr. Conde receives young people on hunger strike and writes to the Pope
- 2015-06-05 - Appeal to the authorities in favor of protesters on hunger strike
- 2015-06-03 - The Church calls on the authorities to respond to the students on hunger strike
- 2015-05-30 - Six young people on hunger strike in a church in Caracas