AMERICA/VENEZUELA - On the eve of the opening of CAM 4, the last phase of the continental missionary journey
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - There are only a few hours at the opening of the Fourth American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) and IX Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 9), which will be held in Maracaibo (Venezuela), from November 26 to December 1. According to information Fides Agency received, of the more than 4,000 expected participants, delegations from Argentina, Ecuador, Dominican Republic, United States, Brazil, Bolivia, Canada, El Salvador, Nicaragua and Panama have already arrived. Welcomed by the volunteers, national representatives, they will be hosted by families who have opened the door of their house to accommodate them during the Congress.
Promoted by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in collaboration with the Archdiocese of Maracaibo and the Episcopal Conference of Venezuela, the continental event is the last of a long series of milestones that mark the missionary path of the Church in Latin America. The Latin American Missionary Congresses (COMLA ) were in fact born in 1977, with the National Missionary Congresses of Mexico, then expanded to the entire American continent (American Missionary Congress CAM), in this order: 1977 Comla 1, Torreon (Mexico); 1983 Comla 2, Tlaxcala (Mexico); 1987 Comla 3, Bogotá (Colombia ); 1991 Comla 4, Lima (Peru); 1995 Comla 5, Belo Horizonte (Brazil); 1999 CAM 1 - Comla 6, Paraná (Argentina); 2003 CAM 2 - Comla 7, Guatemala City (Guatemala); 2008 CAM 3 - Comla 8, Quito (Ecuador). (CE) (Agenzia Fides 25/11/2013)
- 2015-11-26 - Tension in the capital, Cardinal Urosa: "State officials must ask for peace"
- 2015-11-23 - With the closure of borders many children are unlikely to make their First Communion
- 2015-11-11 - The Bishops call for elections: "Free vote, essential to strengthen democracy"
- 2015-09-22 - The National Assembly of the PMS: solidarity with our brothers in the East
- 2015-09-18 - The National Assembly of Pastoral Care: Renew enthusiasm in evangelization
- 2015-09-17 - Crisis with Colombia: "Governments have not done their best to solve the crisis", said Mgr. Padron
- 2015-09-07 - Poverty and precariousness force people to seek food in the garbage
- 2015-09-01 - The Bishops on the situation of conflict with Colombia: "Human rights are the same for all"
- 2015-08-12 - No social communications no democracy Bishop Lückert León speaks about the media
- 2015-08-11 - Drugs are lacking in the country, some use those for animals