EUROPE/ITALY - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
Lodi (Agenzia Fides) - 110 children in Rwanda will have drinking water by Christmas, thanks to the partnership between the Fight World Hunger Movement (MLFM), an Italian NGO that operates in the poorest Countries to bring clean water to those who otherwise might not have access to it and FINAEST, a "craft business" on the web, where the production is carried out entirely in Italy and that its actions pay great attention to the quality of their projects and to the response these have on the populations most in need. Both organizations are an expression of the ability to deal with the problems and respond to the territory in Italy and in the southern hemisphere, with human resources and professional competences. From this ideal affinity, with Christmas fast approaching, the project "DROP by DROP" was born to ensure access to safe water through the construction of two tanks in reinforced concrete of 20 000 liters each, to 110 orphans, who find themselves at the St. Joseph Orphanage of Muhura in Rwanda. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 22/11/2013)
- 2014-03-27 - Campaign to improve diagnosis and treatment of multidrug-resistant tuberculosis
- 2014-03-21 - EUROPE/ITALY – 24 March, Day of Missionary Martyrs: like them, we are all "witnesses" of the Gospel
- 2014-03-07 - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 - EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages