AMERICA/CHILE - Solidarity of the Chilean Church to the victims of the typhoon that hit the Philippines
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - An invitation to the entire national community in order to show solidarity towards the Filipino people, who are suffering the serious consequences of Typhoon Haiyan, was addressed by the Episcopal Conference of Chile (CECh), which has launched a campaign of prayer and solidarity through the Caritas network.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Chile informs that the President of the CECh, the Archbishop of Santiago, His Exc. Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati, invited the community to intensify prayers for the Philippine population as a special intention for this month of Mary (which in Chile is celebrated from November 8 to December 8), asking for the support and protection of our Mother for the brothers and sisters in difficulty. On his behalf, the President of the Caritas Social Pastoral of CECh, Mgr. Pedro Ossandón, said that "the commitment of the Church of Chile with concrete gestures of fraternity towards the people of the Philippines is an effective way to contribute to the globalization of solidarity".
The CECh has launched a special collection of offerings that will take place in all the parishes of Chile on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th December, and the proceeds will go to the families and communities of the Philippines through the network of Caritas Internationalis. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/11/2013)
- 2014-06-26 - Wüñol Tripantu, the Mapuche celebration of the rebirth of life
- 2014-06-20 - "Here we are Lord, in the World Cup": special section on the website of the Catholic Bishops' Conference
- 2014-05-30 - AMERICA/CHILE – Local Catholic Church committed to educational reform nation wide
- 2014-05-07 - The decline in vocations to priesthood at the center of the Assembly of Bishops of Chile
- 2014-04-14 - Card. Ezzati’s appeal: Solidarity with the people of Valparaiso after the tragic fire
- 2014-01-09 - Peru and Chile, brotherly peoples
- 2014-01-07 - "One should listen to the Mapuche people in order to resolve the conflict in Araucanía" asks the Bishop of Temuco
- 2013-12-17 - "Supporting initiatives in favor of development": the President of the Bishops' Conference meets newly elected President Bachelet
- 2013-12-16 - Michelle Bachelet, Chile's new president
- 2013-11-23 - A community divided in two in order to protect the environment threatened by the Pascua Lama project