AMERICA/CHILE - Solidarity of the Chilean Church to the victims of the typhoon that hit the Philippines
Santiago (Agenzia Fides) - An invitation to the entire national community in order to show solidarity towards the Filipino people, who are suffering the serious consequences of Typhoon Haiyan, was addressed by the Episcopal Conference of Chile (CECh), which has launched a campaign of prayer and solidarity through the Caritas network.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS) in Chile informs that the President of the CECh, the Archbishop of Santiago, His Exc. Mgr. Ricardo Ezzati, invited the community to intensify prayers for the Philippine population as a special intention for this month of Mary (which in Chile is celebrated from November 8 to December 8), asking for the support and protection of our Mother for the brothers and sisters in difficulty. On his behalf, the President of the Caritas Social Pastoral of CECh, Mgr. Pedro Ossandón, said that "the commitment of the Church of Chile with concrete gestures of fraternity towards the people of the Philippines is an effective way to contribute to the globalization of solidarity".
The CECh has launched a special collection of offerings that will take place in all the parishes of Chile on Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th December, and the proceeds will go to the families and communities of the Philippines through the network of Caritas Internationalis. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 22/11/2013)
- 2015-10-22 - A global network of volunteers for minors at risk
- 2015-10-19 - V Meeting for Pastoral Operators of Human Mobility in Bolivia, Chile and Peru
- 2015-10-05 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas thanks for the clarification on the gas supply
- 2015-09-29 - The Bishop of Punta Arenas denounces: There is no transparency in the agreements for gas
- 2015-09-25 - Earthquake victims help other victims: the President of Caritas Chile in the affected areas
- 2015-08-06 - "Freedoms have limits", said Mgr. Chomalí
- 2015-08-03 - “Abortion is never therapeutic”: local Catholic Church attacks
- 2015-07-01 - Procession at sea on Easter Island for St. Peter, praying for the Pope's visit
- 2015-05-19 - The main problems of childhood in Chile: Sexual exploitation, trafficking, drugs, alcohol
- 2015-05-18 - First agreement between former political prisoners and government, Mgr. Goic President of the Commission