EUROPE/ITALY - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages
Rome (Agenzia Fides) – On Wednesday, November 27, a prayer vigil to pray for peace in Syria will take place in the church of Santa Maria dell'Orto, in Trastevere area, in Rome. The vigil, convened by the Center for missionary Cooperation among the Churches and the Office for the Pastoral Care of Migration of the Diocese, will begin at 6pm and will be presided over by Mgr. Matteo Zuppi, Auxiliary Bishop. On that occasion, the Romans will also pray for the release of their fellow Paolo Dall'Oglio - the Jesuit priest kidnapped in Raqqa at the end of July - and all the others seized in the Syrian conflict. At the vigil, priests, religious and lay faithful of the Catholic Antiochene Syrian community and other Middle Eastern communities present in Rome will also participate. (GV) (Agenzia Fides 21/11/2013)
- 2014-03-07 EUROPE/ITALY - A "Missionary Year": 100 years since the arrival of the first Orionini missionaries in Brazil
- 2014-03-05 EUROPE/ITALY - Father Lazzaro, "discreet martyr of charity"
- 2014-02-03 EUROPE/ITALY - Violence and injustice in the testimonies of the Roman missionaries
- 2013-12-17 EUROPE/ITALY - Immigrant minors: the number of young children has increased tenfold, mostly Syrians fleeing
- 2013-12-03 EUROPE/ITALY – Mgr. Melchior de Marion Brésillac, from India to Africa to carry out "nothing but the will of God"
- 2013-11-26 EUROPE/ITALY - Conclusion of the diocesan phase of the beatification process of Luisa Guidotti Mistrali, missionary doctor, killed in Rhodesia
- 2013-11-22 EUROPE/ITALY - "DROP by DROP": to ensure clean water to children in Rwanda
- 2013-11-21 EUROPE/ITALY - In Rome, a prayer vigil for peace in Syria and the release of the hostages
- 2013-11-20 EUROPE/ITALY - International Children’s day and the World Day of Prayer and Action for Children, and Youth in the World
- 2013-11-15 EUROPE/ITALY - Two centuries after the Reconstitution of the Society, the Jesuits look at the universal mission