AMERICA/BRAZIL - "Play for Life" campaign against human trafficking in view of the World Cup
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - About 150 religious from Brazil, together with representatives from Germany, Colombia, Bolivia and Uruguay, have launched the campaign "Play for Life" in Brasilia (DF), to raise awareness in society about the problem of human trafficking with regards to major events such as the upcoming World Cup. The campaign is being organized by "A cry for life" network, made up of men and women religious who work in Brazil at a national level, for the prevention of human trafficking.
During the presentation of the campaign, as the note sent to Fides Agency by the PMS in Brazil reports, members of the central coordination explained the meaning of the logo chosen: the hands are the symbol of strength and life, the ball makes the link with sports explicit, especially football, a national passion; the verb "play" in the imperative manner ("play") is intended to stimulate action and reaction, and the other verb "denounce", which is associated with the verb play, invites one to commit an act of love and justice.
The general coordinator of the campaign, Sister Eurides de Oliveira, explained that it is a campaign of prevention and information. The printed material with some imformation on the concept of trafficking and how to prevent it, will be distributed in the main streets of the capital, on buses, in airports, the hotels of the cities that will host the World Cup, from 18 May 2014 until the end of the event.
In addition to the campaign, the first book of the Net was also presented. We are talking about a subsidy of formation on human trafficking. "It is a collection of texts - said Sister Eurides - written with the collaboration of various authors, members of the Network for a sociological, ecclesiology approach, and a collection of texts, prayers and teaching suggestions for the formation and preparation of operators". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 20/11/2013)
- 2014-03-04 AMERICA/BRAZIL - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
- 2014-02-17 AMERICA/BRAZIL - "Play for Life": thousands of religious mobilize against human trafficking
- 2014-02-06 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Cardinal Filoni: "The announcement ad gentes is part of the responsibility that all the particular Churches have toward Christ"
- 2014-02-04 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Cardinal Filoni to Brazilian Bishops: The II Vatican Council and the missionary dimension of the Church
- 2014-02-03 AMERICA/BRAZIL - 50 years since the II Vatican Council: missionary commitment, consecrated life, episcopal ministry of Bishops
- 2014-01-23 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Prisons do not re-educate and are in crisis: intervention of the Archbishop of Rio
- 2013-11-29 AMERICA/BRAZIL - A single voice: "the problem concerning land has to be solved permanently"
- 2013-11-20 AMERICA/BRAZIL - "Play for Life" campaign against human trafficking in view of the World Cup
- 2013-11-09 AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Bishops: Catholic communities in the front line against human trafficking
- 2013-10-19 AMERICA/BRAZIL - Orionines at the Assembly in Aparecida, 100 years after the arrival of the first missionaries in Brazil