AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Two children a day are abandoned in the capital of the Country
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - From 1 January to 15 November this year, in Bogotá, an average of 2 children per day are victims of every form of neglect. The data is collected by the Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar (ICBF), which records them each year in the various control areas within their competence in the capital of the Country. From these statistics, however alarming since so far throughout the year 838 have been victims of the phenomenon, what is highlighted is the large number of false complaints made over the 11 months, since out of 5,768 received, ie, one every 80 minutes, 838 were found to be true, therefore 14.5%. Most of them reported are cases of neglect, children who did not receive proper attention or adequate living conditions by their parents. In total, the ICBF collected 804 real complaints concerning this form of neglect. Almost all of the accusations are made by citizens and over the phone on condition of anonymity. Very often people do it to hurt someone from the community to which they belong. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
- 2015-03-04 - Meeting of Bishops Emeritus
- 2015-03-02 - Testimony of Mgr. Vidal: "Promises arrive in Cúcuta, never decisions"
- 2015-02-21 - Lent: multimedia “On the way to Easter”
- 2015-02-10 - The proposal of the FARC divides public opinion
- 2015-01-29 - Nearly 50 000 children victims of homicide because of armed conflict
- 2015-01-26 - We need leaders who are committed and not "deaf and dumb authorities" says Mgr. Epalza
- 2014-12-22 - Even from pain comes the hope of peace, the process continues
- 2014-12-18 - For Mgr. Falla Robles: "The unilateral cease-fire should take place without any conditions"
- 2014-12-13 - SOS of the Bishop on the proliferation of dengue fever
- 2014-12-05 - Peace talks resume December 10