AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Two children a day are abandoned in the capital of the Country
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - From 1 January to 15 November this year, in Bogotá, an average of 2 children per day are victims of every form of neglect. The data is collected by the Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar (ICBF), which records them each year in the various control areas within their competence in the capital of the Country. From these statistics, however alarming since so far throughout the year 838 have been victims of the phenomenon, what is highlighted is the large number of false complaints made over the 11 months, since out of 5,768 received, ie, one every 80 minutes, 838 were found to be true, therefore 14.5%. Most of them reported are cases of neglect, children who did not receive proper attention or adequate living conditions by their parents. In total, the ICBF collected 804 real complaints concerning this form of neglect. Almost all of the accusations are made by citizens and over the phone on condition of anonymity. Very often people do it to hurt someone from the community to which they belong. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
- 2015-07-30 - Updated Spanish version of the New Testament
- 2015-07-16 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Priest murdered in the sacristy as he was about to celebrate mass
- 2015-07-13 - Once the peace agreement is signed, the real challenge of the government will be how to handle the situation
- 2015-07-09 - "The peace process is alive", said Mgr. Castro Quiroga; letter of the religious leaders
- 2015-06-24 - Latin American Religious give their full support and unreserved commitment for Peace in Colombia
- 2015-06-17 - Silent march in Tumaco: after 60 years of violence it is now time to form "a truly civilized society"
- 2015-06-10 - The inhabitants of port of Buenaventura subjected to "collective torture"
- 2015-06-09 - Human trafficking, new areopagus of consecrated life in Latin America
- 2015-05-26 - "Stop deaths! An agreement has to be reached as soon as possible", asks Cardinal Salazar Gómez
- 2015-05-22 - In the tragedy a light of life: the funeral of 33 of the 84 deaths due to the landslide in Salgar