AMERICA/COLOMBIA - Two children a day are abandoned in the capital of the Country
Bogota (Agenzia Fides) - From 1 January to 15 November this year, in Bogotá, an average of 2 children per day are victims of every form of neglect. The data is collected by the Instituto Colombiano de Bienestar Familiar (ICBF), which records them each year in the various control areas within their competence in the capital of the Country. From these statistics, however alarming since so far throughout the year 838 have been victims of the phenomenon, what is highlighted is the large number of false complaints made over the 11 months, since out of 5,768 received, ie, one every 80 minutes, 838 were found to be true, therefore 14.5%. Most of them reported are cases of neglect, children who did not receive proper attention or adequate living conditions by their parents. In total, the ICBF collected 804 real complaints concerning this form of neglect. Almost all of the accusations are made by citizens and over the phone on condition of anonymity. Very often people do it to hurt someone from the community to which they belong. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
- 2014-11-21 - The request to continue peace talks: "Do not destroy the hope of Colombians"
- 2014-11-20 - Archbishop Monsalve Mejia: "The general kidnapped will soon be released"
- 2014-11-19 - Every hour two children are victims of sexual abuse
- 2014-11-18 - The Church condemns the abduction of the General and urges to continue peace talks
- 2014-11-17 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – Peace talks have been suspended after general abducted
- 2014-11-13 - From victims of violence to the protagonists of peace
- 2014-11-12 - At least 19 countries around the world recruit child soldiers
- 2014-11-06 - "Cali is suffering a pandemic of violence", denounces Mgr. Monsalve Mejía
- 2014-10-29 - AMERICA/COLOMBIA – There is a risk of an outbreak of Chikungunya and Dengue: 4,500 cases in the last two months
- 2014-10-29 - The Colombian dioceses ask to defend the rights of the indigenous peoples of the Pacific