AMERICA/VENEZUELA - A week before the continental missionary event, CAM 4 website is online
Maracaibo (Agenzia Fides) - A few days before the beginning of the biggest continental missionary event, the website of the Fourth American Missionary Congress (CAM 4) and IX Latin American Missionary Congress (COMLA 9) is fully active, which will be held in Maracaibo (Venezuela), from 26 November to 1 December 2013.
The note sent to Fides Agency by the Pontifical Mission Societies (PMS ) of Venezuela says that a first section of the site shows the history of CAM and COMLA, another presents the current Congress and introduces the theme "Missionary Disciples of Jesus Christ, from America in a secular and multicultural world", with the slogan "Missionary America, share your Faith". The site also shows the news about the preparation for the event in different American countries, as well as the appointment of Pope Francis’ Special Envoy at Cam 4, Cardinal Fernando Filoni, Prefect of the Congregation for the Evangelization of Peoples.
"The Church during its pilgrimage on earth is by nature missionary" the Pope writes, quoting the Second Vatican Council document Ad Gentes, in his letter to Cardinal Filoni published on the site. Then he continues: "This mission continues, developing in the course of history the mission of Christ, sent precisely to bring good news to the poor; so this is why it is necessary that the Church, still under the influence of the Spirit of Christ, follows the same path followed by them, the path of poverty and obedience, of service". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
- 2015-01-30 - Mgr. Parra robbed during a parish meeting: "Money is spent on many things, but not on safety"
- 2015-01-13 - Dialogue to end the crisis: the exhortation of the Episcopal Conference
- 2015-01-12 - Shops are empty: Cardinal Urosa calls on the government to act quickly and urges to remain calm
- 2015-01-08 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – Assembly of Bishops: dialogue to end the crisis and the necessity to find agreed solutions
- 2014-12-06 - Poverty, few infrastructures and precarious preventive measures: fertile terrain for Chikungunya virus
- 2014-10-28 - Cardinal Urosa Savino: "Respect for political prisoners"
- 2014-10-21 - AMERICA/VENEZUELA – May Saint John Paul II accompany Venezuela in the paths of peace and justice
- 2014-10-01 - "Division is not from God": in march for peace and unity of the country
- 2014-09-30 - Violence in the country does not decrease: a military chaplain killed
- 2014-09-27 - "Do not be afraid of peace" Pope Francis’ letter to Venezuela