ASIA/CHINA - Closing of the Year of Faith in the diocese of Yi Bin with a commitment to continue to spread Lumen Fidei
Yi Bin (Agenzia Fides) – To continue the spread of Holy Father Francis’ Lumen Fidei encyclical so that it reaches all: this is the commitment made on the occasion of the solemn closing of the Year of Faith in the Diocese of Yi Bin, province of Si Chuan, in contientale China, which was held on November 15. According to information gathered by Fides Agency, all the priests, religious women, seminarians and many lay people took part in the solemn Mass celebrated by Fr. Yang Man Kang, appointed by the diocesan Bishop, His Exc. Mgr. Peter Luo Xue Gang, absent due to impelling commitments.
During the celebration, they all solemnly renewed their profession of faith and, at the end, a workshop on Lumen Fidei took place so that "faith continues to be spread even after the Year of Faith and penetrates into everyone’s life".
The diocese Yi Bin has always given the utmost attention to the Year of Faith: was the central theme of the retreats carried out by priests, religious women and laity, and several initiatives were organized to emphasize that the missionary and pastoral commitment to the service of faith is always a top priority for the Church.
The present diocese of Yi Bin was created as the Apostolic Vicariate of Suifu (South Sichuan) in 1860, erected a diocese in 1946. In 1992 the name of the diocese was changed to the current Yi Bin. Today the diocese has more than 35 thousand faithful, 7 priests, 10 religious women and 20 among parishes and mission stations. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
- 2014-09-16 - ASIA/CHINA – Death of Archbishop Giuseppe Wu, zealous shepherd dedicated to formation of seminarians and women religious
- 2014-09-16 - “The mission of priests today”: cultural sharing in Taiwan for a group of priests from He Bei
- 2014-09-06 - Celebration of the sacraments and missionary mandate after Summer catechism courses
- 2014-07-23 - Too much time wasted in front of a computer or on cell phones, too little to read the Bible
- 2014-07-16 - Formation, communion and sharing: the Catholic community committed to summer camps for children
- 2014-06-09 - Baptisms and confirmations on the Solemnity of Pentecost, a new impetus to mission
- 2014-05-26 - 20 000 baptisms celebrated at Easter in the Catholic community in mainland China
- 2014-03-27 - Death of Mgr. Joseph Fan Zhongliang, Bishop of Shanghai: always committed to serving the Church in spite of great difficulties
- 2014-03-27 - The Archdiocese of Xi An makes a pilgrimage to the Marian Shrine of Hu Xian for the Annunciation
- 2014-03-18 - Priests and nuns in the most remote villages to help the faithful live Lent