ASIA/CHINA - Closing of the Year of Faith in the diocese of Yi Bin with a commitment to continue to spread Lumen Fidei
Yi Bin (Agenzia Fides) – To continue the spread of Holy Father Francis’ Lumen Fidei encyclical so that it reaches all: this is the commitment made on the occasion of the solemn closing of the Year of Faith in the Diocese of Yi Bin, province of Si Chuan, in contientale China, which was held on November 15. According to information gathered by Fides Agency, all the priests, religious women, seminarians and many lay people took part in the solemn Mass celebrated by Fr. Yang Man Kang, appointed by the diocesan Bishop, His Exc. Mgr. Peter Luo Xue Gang, absent due to impelling commitments.
During the celebration, they all solemnly renewed their profession of faith and, at the end, a workshop on Lumen Fidei took place so that "faith continues to be spread even after the Year of Faith and penetrates into everyone’s life".
The diocese Yi Bin has always given the utmost attention to the Year of Faith: was the central theme of the retreats carried out by priests, religious women and laity, and several initiatives were organized to emphasize that the missionary and pastoral commitment to the service of faith is always a top priority for the Church.
The present diocese of Yi Bin was created as the Apostolic Vicariate of Suifu (South Sichuan) in 1860, erected a diocese in 1946. In 1992 the name of the diocese was changed to the current Yi Bin. Today the diocese has more than 35 thousand faithful, 7 priests, 10 religious women and 20 among parishes and mission stations. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
- 2015-08-10 - Episcopal Ordination of the Bishop Coadjutor of Anyang in Henan (China)
- 2015-07-23 - ASIA/CHINA – China’s six major seminaries offer 79 new workers for the Lord’s vineyard
- 2015-07-10 - Improving faith and Christian life: pastoral summer activities for children and young people of Zhou Cun
- 2015-06-19 - Priestly ordinations: To serve the Church and become witness of faith
- 2015-06-11 - Five years of continuous Eucharistic adoration have strengthened faith and mission
- 2015-06-02 - Study Seminar to improve the collaboration between the Catholic Church and Chinese society
- 2015-05-26 - Pentecost of the Chinese community, on the Day of Prayer for China
- 2015-05-13 - An exhibition of historical objects commemorates the pioneers of the mission in the Year of Consecrated Life
- 2015-05-06 - In the month of Mary: pilgrimage to enrich faith, respecting environment, recalling the commitment missionary
- 2015-04-17 - Catholic communities towards the Jubilee of Mercy