ASIA/CHINA - Closing of the Year of Faith in the diocese of Yi Bin with a commitment to continue to spread Lumen Fidei
Yi Bin (Agenzia Fides) – To continue the spread of Holy Father Francis’ Lumen Fidei encyclical so that it reaches all: this is the commitment made on the occasion of the solemn closing of the Year of Faith in the Diocese of Yi Bin, province of Si Chuan, in contientale China, which was held on November 15. According to information gathered by Fides Agency, all the priests, religious women, seminarians and many lay people took part in the solemn Mass celebrated by Fr. Yang Man Kang, appointed by the diocesan Bishop, His Exc. Mgr. Peter Luo Xue Gang, absent due to impelling commitments.
During the celebration, they all solemnly renewed their profession of faith and, at the end, a workshop on Lumen Fidei took place so that "faith continues to be spread even after the Year of Faith and penetrates into everyone’s life".
The diocese Yi Bin has always given the utmost attention to the Year of Faith: was the central theme of the retreats carried out by priests, religious women and laity, and several initiatives were organized to emphasize that the missionary and pastoral commitment to the service of faith is always a top priority for the Church.
The present diocese of Yi Bin was created as the Apostolic Vicariate of Suifu (South Sichuan) in 1860, erected a diocese in 1946. In 1992 the name of the diocese was changed to the current Yi Bin. Today the diocese has more than 35 thousand faithful, 7 priests, 10 religious women and 20 among parishes and mission stations. (NZ) (Agenzia Fides 18/11/2013)
- 2014-03-07 ASIA/CHINA - The women of Zi Gong: active in the Church and in society, following the example of Mary
- 2014-03-04 ASIA/CHINA – The formation of the laity in view of Lent intensifies
- 2014-02-27 ASIA/CHINA – Eucharistic adoration and sobriety: message from Han Dan diocese for the new year
- 2014-02-19 ASIA/CHINA - Formation: priority commitment of the Catholic community for the new year
- 2014-02-12 ASIA/CHINA - 2014 "Year of the Gospel" in the parish of Xi Liu Lin
- 2014-01-30 ASIA/CHINA - Chinese New Year: opportunity for vocational pastoral ministry and evangelization
- 2014-01-28 ASIA/CHINA - 25 years of priesthood for some of the first priests ordained after the Cultural Revolution
- 2014-01-23 ASIA/CHINA - The Catholic community intensifies the works of charity and evangelization in view of the Chinese New Year
- 2014-01-17 ASIA/CHINA - "Heart to Heart": a heart that continues to beat to support the vocational path
- 2014-01-14 ASIA/CHINA - New priests at the beginning of the year, a sign of hope for the mission