ASIA/HOLY LAND - The Chemin Neuf Community: let us rediscover the figure of Charles de Foucauld
Nazareth (Agenzia Fides) - The figure and the message of Charles de Foucauld should be freed from the "caricatures which present him as a rich, dissolute young man who was suddenly overwhelmed by the Grace of God and then became a hermit in the Sahara (which he never did)". Blessed Charles was rather "the universal brother hesitantly stepping out into the great unknown where each of us can try and go further towards the strange and the stranger – ourselves included – as we seek to follow Jesus". With this spirit, the Chemin Neuf Community linked to the Charismatic Renewal, proposes a meeting to rediscover the figure of De Foucauld in a new light on Friday evening, November 15. The meeting - warns the press of Chemin Neuf sent to Fides Agency - is held at the International Mary of Nazareth, in the city of Galilee where Jesus lived thirty years of his "hidden life". There will be the screening of the video Charles De Foucauld, Une vie inutile, as told by the French priest John-François Six , head of the Charles de Foucauld Association. "De Foucauld’s spirituality" writes Father Six "show a particular tenderness, in this, the third millennium, when the wind is driving groups and individuals to take up arms, to become impregnable. A tenderness that reaches out to all who have been wounded, to both men and women".
"You" Charles de Foucauld asked himself "ask me what my life is about. It is the life of a missionary monk, founded on three principles: the imitation of the hidden Jesus of Nazareth, the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, a life lived among the most unwanted people". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 15/11/2013)
- 2014-08-06 - In Gaza a child dies every hour. There is no electricity, water and essential medical services
- 2014-08-06 - Appeal of the Patriarch of Jerusalem to Aid to the Church in Need for the victims of Gaza
- 2014-08-01 - The Patriarch of Jerusalem, Twal: the truce is not needed if Gaza remains a desperate prison
- 2014-08-01 - Prayers and fasting for peace in Gaza and throughout the Middle East
- 2014-08-01 - The Forgiveness of Assisi dedicated to peace in the Middle East
- 2014-07-29 - Bombing near the Catholic parish in Gaza. School devastated
- 2014-07-24 - Caritas Jerusalem rescues thousands of Muslims, who have taken shelter in schools and churches in Gaza
- 2014-07-22 - Patriarch Emeritus Sabbah: there is no war in Gaza, but a useless massacre
- 2014-07-18 - The Israeli army enters Gaza. Pope's message to the local Catholic community
- 2014-07-17 - Gaza, three missiles close to the Catholic parish. Scuffle to look for food during the "humanitarian truce"