ASIA/HOLY LAND - The Chemin Neuf Community: let us rediscover the figure of Charles de Foucauld
Nazareth (Agenzia Fides) - The figure and the message of Charles de Foucauld should be freed from the "caricatures which present him as a rich, dissolute young man who was suddenly overwhelmed by the Grace of God and then became a hermit in the Sahara (which he never did)". Blessed Charles was rather "the universal brother hesitantly stepping out into the great unknown where each of us can try and go further towards the strange and the stranger – ourselves included – as we seek to follow Jesus". With this spirit, the Chemin Neuf Community linked to the Charismatic Renewal, proposes a meeting to rediscover the figure of De Foucauld in a new light on Friday evening, November 15. The meeting - warns the press of Chemin Neuf sent to Fides Agency - is held at the International Mary of Nazareth, in the city of Galilee where Jesus lived thirty years of his "hidden life". There will be the screening of the video Charles De Foucauld, Une vie inutile, as told by the French priest John-François Six , head of the Charles de Foucauld Association. "De Foucauld’s spirituality" writes Father Six "show a particular tenderness, in this, the third millennium, when the wind is driving groups and individuals to take up arms, to become impregnable. A tenderness that reaches out to all who have been wounded, to both men and women".
"You" Charles de Foucauld asked himself "ask me what my life is about. It is the life of a missionary monk, founded on three principles: the imitation of the hidden Jesus of Nazareth, the adoration of the Blessed Sacrament, a life lived among the most unwanted people". (GV) (Agenzia Fides 15/11/2013)
- 2014-10-24 - Ecology, "common ground" for the three Abrahamic religions
- 2014-09-26 - U.S. Bishops: even the barrier Wall and the new colonies close the door to peace
- 2014-09-23 - Water emergency in Gaza, initiatives of AGIRE network
- 2014-09-22 - The Catholic Bishops: the recognition of the "Aramean" nationality aims to divide the Palestinian Christians from others
- 2014-09-17 - 240,000 children return to school in Gaza
- 2014-09-17 - Patriarch Twal: the presence of Christian immigrants is an asset for the local church
- 2014-09-12 - Catholic Episcopal Commission: pilgrims are messengers of peace between Palestinians and Israelis
- 2014-09-10 - ASIA/HOLY LAND – US Catholic Bishops make Holy Land pilgrimage to 'pray for peace'
- 2014-09-09 - ASIA/HOLY LAND – New equipe for missionary animation in the land of Jesus
- 2014-09-04 - Caritas Jerusalem: in Gaza 400,000 children need psychological care