AMERICA/ECUADOR - National Congress: Religious freedom and the public dimension of faith for the closing of the Year of Faith
Quito (Agenzia Fides) - Cardinal Ruben Salazar Gomez, Archbishop of Bogota and President of the Episcopal Conference of Colombia, inaugurated on Wednesday 13th the National Congress on Faith, organized by the Ecuadorian Episcopal Conference on the theme "To walk, build and confess". With this Congress, held in Quito from November 13 to 16, the celebrations for the Year of Faith proclaimed by Pope Benedict XVI ends in Ecuador.
The note sent to Fides Agency reports that, in his opening speech, Cardinal Salazar Gómez focused in particular on the meaning of the verb "walk" used by Pope Francis, to express the permanent dynamism of faith. For the Cardinal "faith is at the same time, the door through which one begins to walk and the light that allows us to follow the path that opens our faith".
The Congress is attended, on behalf of Colombia, by His Exc. Mgr. Victor Ochoa, Bishop of Malaga, and Father Pedro Mercado Cepeda, Assistant Secretary of the Colombian Episcopal Conference, who will address the issues of religious freedom and the public dimension of faith. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 15/11/2013)
- 2014-06-10 - Projects in favor of Children: day care, healthy eating, education
- 2014-05-07 - New assignments in the Episcopal Conference, always striving for the weakest
- 2014-03-14 - "Laity and religious freedom": the voice of the Church
- 2013-12-12 - "Adopt a project": people can redeem thanks to education
- 2013-11-15 - National Congress: Religious freedom and the public dimension of faith for the closing of the Year of Faith
- 2013-10-30 - Resignation of the Apostolic Vicar of Galapagos and appointment of successor
- 2013-10-14 - AMERICA/ECUADOR – Legalization of abortion, the President threatens to resign: the Church praises him
- 2013-09-16 - Commitment of the parish of Imantag for vulnerable people
- 2013-08-22 - Over 4 million working children engaged in high-risk activities
- 2013-08-09 - International Day of Indigenous Peoples: the demands of the indigenous of Ecuador