ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Love can do everything: thousands displaced in the school of the Salesian Sisters
Cebu (Agenzia Fides) - The Salesian Sisters of Cebu are helping the victims of Typhoon Haiyan by giving them support in these difficult hours. In the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians school in the city, classrooms and the gym were open for about 1,000 displaced persons who receive material, psychological and spiritual assistance. The volunteers of the ONLUS Youth Volunteerism and Solidarity Foundation (VIDES International) and employees of FMA in Manila are on site to coordinate aid and operations.
Some of the FMA buildings have been badly damaged. As repeatedly stated by the various relief organizations, everything from water to blankets, from food to medicine is needed. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/11/2013)
- 2014-09-22 - "Mercy and Compassion" is the theme of the Pope's visit
- 2014-09-12 - Peace agreement arrives in Congress, but "the road is still long"
- 2014-09-06 - Silsilah Dialogue Centre advocates harmony in the Year of the Laity
- 2014-09-02 - National Director of the Pontifical Missionary Societies confirmed
- 2014-07-30 - The entire Catholic population celebrates the 100 millionth baby born in the Country
- 2014-07-21 - The missionaries for the development of indigenous peoples in Mindanao
- 2014-07-07 - For the poor and against injustice: the testimony of Father Romano, who was kidnapped 29 years ago, is always present
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops: No to the restoration of the death penalty
- 2014-06-05 - "Peace is living together": international conference for reconciliation in Mindanao
- 2014-04-28 - Protecting the rights and education of poor rural people