ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Love can do everything: thousands displaced in the school of the Salesian Sisters
Cebu (Agenzia Fides) - The Salesian Sisters of Cebu are helping the victims of Typhoon Haiyan by giving them support in these difficult hours. In the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians school in the city, classrooms and the gym were open for about 1,000 displaced persons who receive material, psychological and spiritual assistance. The volunteers of the ONLUS Youth Volunteerism and Solidarity Foundation (VIDES International) and employees of FMA in Manila are on site to coordinate aid and operations.
Some of the FMA buildings have been badly damaged. As repeatedly stated by the various relief organizations, everything from water to blankets, from food to medicine is needed. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/11/2013)
- 2014-12-10 - "Yolanda" survivors now helping "Hagupit" victims
- 2014-12-01 - Compassion but also "no" to corruption: the Church celebrates the Year of the poor
- 2014-11-29 - The Silsilah movement: Advent of solidarity and friendship with Muslims
- 2014-11-27 - Justice for the massacre in Maguindanao: the relatives of the victims write to the Pope
- 2014-11-21 - 30 years since its foundation, the commitment of "Silsilah" movement for dialogue reinforces
- 2014-11-15 - Cardinal Tagle: "The Pope's visit, a blessing that invokes responsibility"
- 2014-11-11 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – To cancel foreign debt in order to contribute to the reconstruction after Typhoon Haiyan
- 2014-10-30 - The Silsilah dialogue movement: "Fight soldiers with prayer"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops: "Even a life sentence is inhuman"
- 2014-10-17 - The murder of the missionary Fr. Fausto Tentorio remains unsolved