ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Love can do everything: thousands displaced in the school of the Salesian Sisters
Cebu (Agenzia Fides) - The Salesian Sisters of Cebu are helping the victims of Typhoon Haiyan by giving them support in these difficult hours. In the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians school in the city, classrooms and the gym were open for about 1,000 displaced persons who receive material, psychological and spiritual assistance. The volunteers of the ONLUS Youth Volunteerism and Solidarity Foundation (VIDES International) and employees of FMA in Manila are on site to coordinate aid and operations.
Some of the FMA buildings have been badly damaged. As repeatedly stated by the various relief organizations, everything from water to blankets, from food to medicine is needed. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/11/2013)
- 2014-10-30 - The Silsilah dialogue movement: "Fight soldiers with prayer"
- 2014-10-28 - The Bishops: "Even a life sentence is inhuman"
- 2014-10-17 - The murder of the missionary Fr. Fausto Tentorio remains unsolved
- 2014-10-15 - "The ideology and money of the IS arrive in Southern Philippines": the story of a missionary
- 2014-10-14 - "There is no justice without life": Asian conference against the death penalty
- 2014-10-01 - A Jesuit: "A network of solidarity against the network of terror"
- 2014-09-22 - "Mercy and Compassion" is the theme of the Pope's visit
- 2014-09-12 - Peace agreement arrives in Congress, but "the road is still long"
- 2014-09-06 - Silsilah Dialogue Centre advocates harmony in the Year of the Laity
- 2014-09-02 - National Director of the Pontifical Missionary Societies confirmed