ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Love can do everything: thousands displaced in the school of the Salesian Sisters
Cebu (Agenzia Fides) - The Salesian Sisters of Cebu are helping the victims of Typhoon Haiyan by giving them support in these difficult hours. In the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians school in the city, classrooms and the gym were open for about 1,000 displaced persons who receive material, psychological and spiritual assistance. The volunteers of the ONLUS Youth Volunteerism and Solidarity Foundation (VIDES International) and employees of FMA in Manila are on site to coordinate aid and operations.
Some of the FMA buildings have been badly damaged. As repeatedly stated by the various relief organizations, everything from water to blankets, from food to medicine is needed. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/11/2013)
- 2015-05-26 - Bishops: "Laity and parishes have to act in order to combat modern slavery"
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school
- 2015-05-13 - The construction of a new shelter for the poor has begun
- 2015-05-08 - The Village of Harmony has been giving an example of "life-in-dialogue" in southern Philippines for 25 years
- 2015-04-24 - Islamic and Christian religious leaders: "Necessity to review the Bangasamoro Basic Law"
- 2015-04-09 - The Church to the President: "It is time to approve land reform"
- 2015-03-31 - Cardinal Tagle: "Way of the Cross on Good Friday in prayer for peace"
- 2015-03-28 - Humanitarian crisis in Mindanao; a law has been submitted in the Philippine congress on the Muslim region