ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Love can do everything: thousands displaced in the school of the Salesian Sisters
Cebu (Agenzia Fides) - The Salesian Sisters of Cebu are helping the victims of Typhoon Haiyan by giving them support in these difficult hours. In the Daughters of Mary Help of Christians school in the city, classrooms and the gym were open for about 1,000 displaced persons who receive material, psychological and spiritual assistance. The volunteers of the ONLUS Youth Volunteerism and Solidarity Foundation (VIDES International) and employees of FMA in Manila are on site to coordinate aid and operations.
Some of the FMA buildings have been badly damaged. As repeatedly stated by the various relief organizations, everything from water to blankets, from food to medicine is needed. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 14/11/2013)
- 2015-09-30 - Thousands of children risk their lives in the gold mines
- 2015-09-30 - Priest stabbed to death in central Philippines
- 2015-09-26 - An incentive from Pope Francis to fight against human trafficking
- 2015-09-24 - The Church alongside the tribal victims of violence and persecution
- 2015-09-11 - From the crisis of Zamboanga, a hope for Muslim-Christian relations
- 2015-09-08 - Peace is possible in the southern Philippines, with faith
- 2015-08-28 - The Church joins the Pope for the "Day of Creation" which opens the "Season of Creation"
- 2015-08-26 - Caritas launches "phase two" for rehabilitation after typhoon Yolanda
- 2015-07-21 - Bishops' Message: "Climate change, a matter of social justice"
- 2015-06-25 - "Laudati Sì" a source of inspiration for dialogue and for the care of creation