AMERICA/NICARAGUA - Year of Faith: "We must all work for conversion"
Granada (Agenzia Fides) - "We want to re-awaken as a Catholic Church and continue to work in the coming years to become a community that transforms reality, we must stop evil, injustice and sin, in order to reign in the love of Christ and of the Gospel, we believe we can transform the heart of the world and of today's society", said Mgr. Jorge Solórzano Pérez, Bishop of Granada (Nicaragua), in a pastoral letter published on the occasion of the celebration of the centenary of the Ecclesiastical Province of Granada, of the closing of the Year of Faith and the consecration of the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception of Mary, one of the oldest churches in the Americas.
In the message, sent to Fides Agency, Mgr. Solorzano Pérez, addressed an energetic appeal to Catholics to promote evangelization. "The celebration of the first 100 years of our Diocese should be a time of reflection, conversion, historical justice and a renewed commitment to give joyful witness and proclaim boldly the gospel of Jesus".
The Diocese of Granada with a population of 570,000 inhabitants, of whom 520,000 Catholics, and an area of 7,378.18 km2, is composed of 48 parishes, 548 churches and missionary chapels. There are 67 diocesan priests and 9 religious priests distributed in Boaco, Rivas and Granada regions. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2013)
- 2014-11-26 - The Bishops of Central America gather: Communication in the culture of encounter
- 2014-11-25 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – Transoceanic canal: Cardinal Brenes calls for transparency
- 2014-11-24 - Concern for the construction of the Canal: "I will not leave you alone" ensures the Bishop of Granada
- 2014-11-17 - The Church on the mega project of the Interoceanic Canal: "Everyone must be heard"
- 2014-10-01 - Initiatives and projects for 1400 child workers in Honduras and Nicaragua
- 2014-09-17 - AMERICA/NICARAGUA – The Bishops on Law 779: the reform is urgent, the Church is not the auxiliary of the police
- 2014-08-19 - "Assist families but without interfering in their private lives", said the Bishop of Matagalpa
- 2014-07-30 - The country awaits a word of encouragement from the Bishops
- 2014-07-22 - The Archdiocese of Managua condemns the criminal act against innocent civilians on Saturday
- 2014-06-04 - Bishops awaiting the President's reply to the questions posed