ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Incalculable material damage, more than 4 million people devastated by Hayan: NGOs mobilize
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - Among the many humanitarian organizations that are mobilizing to help the people of the Philippines, also Manos Unidas, engaged in the Asian country for over 25 years, together with the organization Bicol Consortium for Development Initiatives ( BCDI ), which is already receiving aid from the Archdiocese of Manila, will contribute to the distribution of aid collected for the victims of Typhoon Hayan and for each type of emergency intervention aimed to reconstruct the area. The main focus is human rights regarding the most vulnerable people and communities that are located in areas at risk, aggravated by service and precarious prevention. As in so many other occasions, the damage caused by the typhoon have been much more severe. About 80% of the city of Tacloban, the provincial capital, was destroyed by the violent wind and six feet tall waves. BCDI has been working with Manos Unidas for 5 years and has great experience in the realization of projects for prevention during natural disasters, and is present in the areas of North and South Camarines and Masbate, damaged by the typhoon and usually affected by natural disasters. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2013)
- 2015-04-24 - Islamic and Christian religious leaders: "Necessity to review the Bangasamoro Basic Law"
- 2015-04-09 - The Church to the President: "It is time to approve land reform"
- 2015-03-31 - Cardinal Tagle: "Way of the Cross on Good Friday in prayer for peace"
- 2015-03-28 - Humanitarian crisis in Mindanao; a law has been submitted in the Philippine congress on the Muslim region
- 2015-02-26 - Military offensive in Mindanao; the Bishop in Basilan: "For peace, sincerity is needed"
- 2015-02-24 - Bishops issue “Oratio imperata” for peace in Mindanao
- 2015-02-20 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – In the Year of the Poor, Lent is a favourable time for solidarity
- 2015-02-19 - Missionary says: “someone wants to destabilise Mindanao”
- 2015-02-18 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Christian and Muslim religious leaders: “the peace process must not be abandoned”
- 2015-02-09 - No to "total war" in Mindanao, unity against "the ideology of violence"