ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Incalculable material damage, more than 4 million people devastated by Hayan: NGOs mobilize
Manila (Agenzia Fides) - Among the many humanitarian organizations that are mobilizing to help the people of the Philippines, also Manos Unidas, engaged in the Asian country for over 25 years, together with the organization Bicol Consortium for Development Initiatives ( BCDI ), which is already receiving aid from the Archdiocese of Manila, will contribute to the distribution of aid collected for the victims of Typhoon Hayan and for each type of emergency intervention aimed to reconstruct the area. The main focus is human rights regarding the most vulnerable people and communities that are located in areas at risk, aggravated by service and precarious prevention. As in so many other occasions, the damage caused by the typhoon have been much more severe. About 80% of the city of Tacloban, the provincial capital, was destroyed by the violent wind and six feet tall waves. BCDI has been working with Manos Unidas for 5 years and has great experience in the realization of projects for prevention during natural disasters, and is present in the areas of North and South Camarines and Masbate, damaged by the typhoon and usually affected by natural disasters. (AP) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2013)
- 2015-06-25 - "Laudati Sì" a source of inspiration for dialogue and for the care of creation
- 2015-06-22 - Cardinal Quevedo: "The disarmament of Islamic guerrillas is an important step for peace"
- 2015-06-02 - Message from the "Silsilah" movement: a Ramadan of peace in Mindanao
- 2015-05-26 - Bishops: "Laity and parishes have to act in order to combat modern slavery"
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school
- 2015-05-13 - The construction of a new shelter for the poor has begun
- 2015-05-08 - The Village of Harmony has been giving an example of "life-in-dialogue" in southern Philippines for 25 years
- 2015-04-24 - Islamic and Christian religious leaders: "Necessity to review the Bangasamoro Basic Law"