ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Caritas Asia: the victims of Typhoon Haiyan "a message of love and hope"
Bangkok (Agenzia Fides) - A "message of love and hope" to the population of the Philippines from Caritas Asia. In a statement released by the organization and sent to Fides Agency, the 23 Caritas of Asian countries express "deep sorrow, grief and concern over the loss of lives, victims of Typhoon Haiyan". The text of Caritas, signed by the President, the Japanese Bishop Mgr. Yama Isao Kikuchi, said: "On behalf of the Caritas Confederation in Asia, we offer a message of love and hope, together with our prayers and our commitment for the reconstruction of lives shattered by the typhoon" ... The text appeals to "the indomitable spirit that resides in the people of the Philippines, along with your deep faith in God", hoping that "faith continues to be stronger than ever, to help you overcome this tragedy". "May you find God and the courage to always remember that our strength emanates from Him", says the text sent to Fides.
The President of Caritas Asia recalls the words of Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me" and ensures all possible efforts of solidarity of Caritas Asia, alongside other members of the Confederation of Cartas Intenationalis, for communities affected by the typhoon: "the 23 Caritas of the Asian countries – he insists - will work closely with Caritas of the Philippines in bringing aid promptly to alleviate the suffering of the affected families, rebuild their lives, and bring back the bright future to the people". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2013)
- 2015-02-26 - Military offensive in Mindanao; the Bishop in Basilan: "For peace, sincerity is needed"
- 2015-02-24 - Bishops issue “Oratio imperata” for peace in Mindanao
- 2015-02-20 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – In the Year of the Poor, Lent is a favourable time for solidarity
- 2015-02-19 - Missionary says: “someone wants to destabilise Mindanao”
- 2015-02-18 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Christian and Muslim religious leaders: “the peace process must not be abandoned”
- 2015-02-09 - No to "total war" in Mindanao, unity against "the ideology of violence"
- 2015-02-05 - Interfaith harmony, a journey towards peace in the world
- 2015-02-03 - Pope's letter to the Archbishop of Palo: "I will never forget Tacloban"
- 2015-01-27 - The Bishops: No to violence in Mindanao, support for the peace process
- 2015-01-20 - Bishops: to put into practice the words of the Pope on the proximity to the poor