ASIA/PHILIPPINES - Caritas Asia: the victims of Typhoon Haiyan "a message of love and hope"
Bangkok (Agenzia Fides) - A "message of love and hope" to the population of the Philippines from Caritas Asia. In a statement released by the organization and sent to Fides Agency, the 23 Caritas of Asian countries express "deep sorrow, grief and concern over the loss of lives, victims of Typhoon Haiyan". The text of Caritas, signed by the President, the Japanese Bishop Mgr. Yama Isao Kikuchi, said: "On behalf of the Caritas Confederation in Asia, we offer a message of love and hope, together with our prayers and our commitment for the reconstruction of lives shattered by the typhoon" ... The text appeals to "the indomitable spirit that resides in the people of the Philippines, along with your deep faith in God", hoping that "faith continues to be stronger than ever, to help you overcome this tragedy". "May you find God and the courage to always remember that our strength emanates from Him", says the text sent to Fides.
The President of Caritas Asia recalls the words of Psalm 23: "Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for You are with me" and ensures all possible efforts of solidarity of Caritas Asia, alongside other members of the Confederation of Cartas Intenationalis, for communities affected by the typhoon: "the 23 Caritas of the Asian countries – he insists - will work closely with Caritas of the Philippines in bringing aid promptly to alleviate the suffering of the affected families, rebuild their lives, and bring back the bright future to the people". (PA) (Agenzia Fides 13/11/2013)
- 2014-07-30 - The entire Catholic population celebrates the 100 millionth baby born in the Country
- 2014-07-21 - The missionaries for the development of indigenous peoples in Mindanao
- 2014-07-07 - For the poor and against injustice: the testimony of Father Romano, who was kidnapped 29 years ago, is always present
- 2014-07-02 - The Bishops: No to the restoration of the death penalty
- 2014-06-05 - "Peace is living together": international conference for reconciliation in Mindanao
- 2014-04-28 - Protecting the rights and education of poor rural people
- 2014-04-08 - The Bishops: "We respect the Supreme Court, we defend life with the right to conscientious objection"
- 2014-04-08 - The Supreme Court: Reproductive Health law is valid, but yes to conscientious objection
- 2014-03-28 - The missionaries: "May the agreement with the rebels of the South bring peace, justice and development"
- 2014-03-25 - Over 7.7 million dollars for aid to victims of the typhoon: The Church guarantees transparency