AMERICA/BOLIVIA - Bishops' message at the end of the Year of Faith: "Faith is a treasure to live as children of God"
Cochabamba (Agenzia Fides) – On Sunday, 10 November, the Bishops of Bolivia, gathered for their Annual 96th Ordinary Meeting, concelebrated Mass in the Cathedral of Cochabamba to mark the end of the Year of Faith. The note sent to Fides Agency by the Bolivian Episcopal Conference (CEB), reports that, during Mass, His Exc. Mgr. Oscar Aparicio, President of the CEB, read the message entitled "The disciple lives of faith". The message is addressed to all men and women who at work, in the family, according to the social and political role that they carry out , work hard every day to build a better country.
"At the end of the Year of Faith - says the message - we greet everyone with joy, and together we thank God for this precious gift. With Pope Francis we can really say 'we are like clay pots, fragile and poor, but within we have a great treasure' that we are called to share with others".
Among the most significant passages: "Believing in a God who is Father means to live in confidence, because the Father knows what we need, that is to celebrate the fact that this world has a meaning. We believe and confess that Jesus Christ is the only true Son of God, who is the full manifestation of the Father, who calls us through love and forgiveness to conversion, because then transformed into 'new men', we can follow and become his disciples. We believe in the Holy Spirit that animates us, confirms, strengthens and sanctifies every day. It is present in our lives, motivates our struggles for justice and a better world, each dawn renews our hope and reaffirms our bonds of brotherhood and communion with the brethren of the Christian community, so that we can share the joys and hopes, the sorrows and anxieties of the men of our society, especially of the poor and afflicted by so many evils and problems, and commits us all to serve the Kingdom of God in the building of a new society". (CE) (Agenzia Fides 11/11/2013)
- 2014-07-10 - Insults and defamation: a campaign that has no political agenda
- 2014-06-18 - Conclusion of the G77 + China, the Church hopes for commitment in favor of the poor
- 2014-06-16 - Formation on values to combat violence and bullying
- 2014-05-26 - Meeting with the candidates: an initiative of the Church for the October elections
- 2014-05-16 - Basic Ecclesial Communities: the new face of the Church at the service of justice and peace
- 2014-04-28 - Children sold for sexual and labor exploitation and for the sale of organs
- 2014-04-09 - After the clashes, President Morales changes the minister and meets the miners
- 2014-03-29 - The Church reflects on the situation: "The people no longer have hope in this government"
- 2014-03-27 - Bishops’ priorities: Indigenous and social pastoral, relaunch of the Permanent Mission
- 2014-03-17 - Heavy rains have caused deaths and injuries in the Beni area, the lack of food is worrying