ASIA/PHILIPPINES - From Korea solidarity and aid to the victims of Typhoon Haiyen
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - Solidarity and aid to the Philippine people affected in recent days by the typhoon Haiyen (locally known as "Yolanda") come from different Asian countries. In particular, as reported to Fides, His Exc. Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung, Archbishop of Seoul has sent a message of sympathy and condolence to Cardinal Luis Antonio Tgle, Archbishop of Manila, expressing solidarity after the devastation and loss of life caused by the typhoon Haiyen, which has caused over 20 thousand deaths and affected 900 thousand families.
"The Archdiocese of Seoul is praying for your country", says the Archbishop in a letter sent to Fides. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this devastating natural disaster".
The Archdiocese of Seoul has sent $50,000 emergency fund specially created by Caritas Internationalis to handle humanitarian aid. In addition, the parishes of the Archdiocese of Seoul will begin, starting on Sunday 24 November, a special fundraising and humanitarian aid to continuously support the thousands of refugees and homeless. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 11/11/2013)
- 2014-04-08 - The Bishops: "We respect the Supreme Court, we defend life with the right to conscientious objection"
- 2014-04-08 - The Supreme Court: Reproductive Health law is valid, but yes to conscientious objection
- 2014-03-28 - The missionaries: "May the agreement with the rebels of the South bring peace, justice and development"
- 2014-03-25 - Over 7.7 million dollars for aid to victims of the typhoon: The Church guarantees transparency
- 2014-03-21 - ASIA/PHILIPPINES – Award to the Islamic movement for dialogue "Silsilah" in Southern Philippines
- 2014-03-04 - Bishops' message for Lent: "Poverty dehumanizes the country"
- 2014-02-20 - The commitment of the Churches for AIDS patients
- 2014-02-07 - Simple boats transformed into mobile clinics to deliver humanitarian and medical aid
- 2014-01-14 - Thousands of children are ready to go back to school to begin a process of recovery towards normality
- 2014-01-14 - The Superior General OMI: "With Msg. Quevedo, let us look at the Church of the poor"