ASIA/PHILIPPINES - From Korea solidarity and aid to the victims of Typhoon Haiyen
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - Solidarity and aid to the Philippine people affected in recent days by the typhoon Haiyen (locally known as "Yolanda") come from different Asian countries. In particular, as reported to Fides, His Exc. Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung, Archbishop of Seoul has sent a message of sympathy and condolence to Cardinal Luis Antonio Tgle, Archbishop of Manila, expressing solidarity after the devastation and loss of life caused by the typhoon Haiyen, which has caused over 20 thousand deaths and affected 900 thousand families.
"The Archdiocese of Seoul is praying for your country", says the Archbishop in a letter sent to Fides. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this devastating natural disaster".
The Archdiocese of Seoul has sent $50,000 emergency fund specially created by Caritas Internationalis to handle humanitarian aid. In addition, the parishes of the Archdiocese of Seoul will begin, starting on Sunday 24 November, a special fundraising and humanitarian aid to continuously support the thousands of refugees and homeless. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 11/11/2013)
- 2014-10-17 - The murder of the missionary Fr. Fausto Tentorio remains unsolved
- 2014-10-15 - "The ideology and money of the IS arrive in Southern Philippines": the story of a missionary
- 2014-10-14 - "There is no justice without life": Asian conference against the death penalty
- 2014-10-01 - A Jesuit: "A network of solidarity against the network of terror"
- 2014-09-22 - "Mercy and Compassion" is the theme of the Pope's visit
- 2014-09-12 - Peace agreement arrives in Congress, but "the road is still long"
- 2014-09-06 - Silsilah Dialogue Centre advocates harmony in the Year of the Laity
- 2014-09-02 - National Director of the Pontifical Missionary Societies confirmed
- 2014-07-30 - The entire Catholic population celebrates the 100 millionth baby born in the Country
- 2014-07-21 - The missionaries for the development of indigenous peoples in Mindanao