ASIA/PHILIPPINES - From Korea solidarity and aid to the victims of Typhoon Haiyen
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - Solidarity and aid to the Philippine people affected in recent days by the typhoon Haiyen (locally known as "Yolanda") come from different Asian countries. In particular, as reported to Fides, His Exc. Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung, Archbishop of Seoul has sent a message of sympathy and condolence to Cardinal Luis Antonio Tgle, Archbishop of Manila, expressing solidarity after the devastation and loss of life caused by the typhoon Haiyen, which has caused over 20 thousand deaths and affected 900 thousand families.
"The Archdiocese of Seoul is praying for your country", says the Archbishop in a letter sent to Fides. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this devastating natural disaster".
The Archdiocese of Seoul has sent $50,000 emergency fund specially created by Caritas Internationalis to handle humanitarian aid. In addition, the parishes of the Archdiocese of Seoul will begin, starting on Sunday 24 November, a special fundraising and humanitarian aid to continuously support the thousands of refugees and homeless. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 11/11/2013)
- 2015-05-19 - "Ready to welcome the Rohingya migrants": State and Church agree
- 2015-05-18 - Building peace remembering martyr Claretian Rhoel Gallardo
- 2015-05-13 - Education and aid to the poor at the Luigi Caburlotto school
- 2015-05-13 - The construction of a new shelter for the poor has begun
- 2015-05-08 - The Village of Harmony has been giving an example of "life-in-dialogue" in southern Philippines for 25 years
- 2015-04-24 - Islamic and Christian religious leaders: "Necessity to review the Bangasamoro Basic Law"
- 2015-04-09 - The Church to the President: "It is time to approve land reform"
- 2015-03-31 - Cardinal Tagle: "Way of the Cross on Good Friday in prayer for peace"
- 2015-03-28 - Humanitarian crisis in Mindanao; a law has been submitted in the Philippine congress on the Muslim region
- 2015-02-26 - Military offensive in Mindanao; the Bishop in Basilan: "For peace, sincerity is needed"