ASIA/PHILIPPINES - From Korea solidarity and aid to the victims of Typhoon Haiyen
Seoul (Agenzia Fides) - Solidarity and aid to the Philippine people affected in recent days by the typhoon Haiyen (locally known as "Yolanda") come from different Asian countries. In particular, as reported to Fides, His Exc. Mgr. Andrew Yeom Soo-jung, Archbishop of Seoul has sent a message of sympathy and condolence to Cardinal Luis Antonio Tgle, Archbishop of Manila, expressing solidarity after the devastation and loss of life caused by the typhoon Haiyen, which has caused over 20 thousand deaths and affected 900 thousand families.
"The Archdiocese of Seoul is praying for your country", says the Archbishop in a letter sent to Fides. "Our thoughts and prayers are with all those affected by this devastating natural disaster".
The Archdiocese of Seoul has sent $50,000 emergency fund specially created by Caritas Internationalis to handle humanitarian aid. In addition, the parishes of the Archdiocese of Seoul will begin, starting on Sunday 24 November, a special fundraising and humanitarian aid to continuously support the thousands of refugees and homeless. (PA) (Agenzia Fides 11/11/2013)
- 2015-01-20 - Bishops: to put into practice the words of the Pope on the proximity to the poor
- 2015-01-19 - "Year of the poor" and new evangelization: Bishops in assembly after the Pope's visit
- 2015-01-17 - The Pope shows deep compassion for the victims of the Typhoon
- 2015-01-16 - evangelize families: the Pope encourages them to be "living school of the Gospel"
- 2015-01-15 - The Director of the PMS: "The Pope in the Philippines shows us mercy towards the last"
- 2015-01-14 - A missionary, after the bombing in Paris: "Dear Muslim brothers, we mourn with you"
- 2014-12-10 - "Yolanda" survivors now helping "Hagupit" victims
- 2014-12-01 - Compassion but also "no" to corruption: the Church celebrates the Year of the poor
- 2014-11-29 - The Silsilah movement: Advent of solidarity and friendship with Muslims
- 2014-11-27 - Justice for the massacre in Maguindanao: the relatives of the victims write to the Pope