AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Bishops: Catholic communities in the front line against human trafficking
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Pastoral workers, social animators, teachers and researchers are called to be in the "front line" for the serious phenomenon of human trafficking: With this goal, the Episcopal Commission for "Charity, Justice and Peace", in the Bishops’ Conference of Brazil (CNBB) has launched a working group specifically dedicated to this problem, which has strong implications even at a pastoral level. In a process of discernment and development of appropriate strategies, the Commission organized a seminar entitled "The role of the Church and society in the fight against human trafficking" which ends today, November 9, in Brasilia. As reported in a note sent to Fides, the aim of the Seminar was to form "multiplier agents" and educators who will have to work during the "Fraternity Campaign" next year, which will be devoted entirely to the issue. The theme will be, in fact, "Fraternity and human trafficking" under the slogan: "For freedom Christ has set us free" (Gal 5:1).
The Campaign consists of raising awareness, formation and prayer, organized at all levels in the Brazilian Church, in order to better understand the phenomenon of human trafficking, its causes and roots, and to prepare for "pastoral agents" that are to be antennas in communities engaged in this fight. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/11/2013)
- 2014-04-07 - CIMI delivers a document on the suffering of the indigenous peoples of the Amazon to the Pope
- 2014-04-04 - "He taught us that in order for the Gospel to be proclaimed it must be acculturated": Brazil and Spain in celebration for the canonization of "Father Anchieta"
- 2014-04-02 - "For a future in freedom and democracy": Bishops' message after 50 years since the military coup
- 2014-03-26 - The Brazilian Church accompanies the World Cup inviting to combat trafficking
- 2014-03-04 - " Fraternity and human trafficking", a constant struggle against this scourge
- 2014-02-17 - "Play for Life": thousands of religious mobilize against human trafficking
- 2014-02-06 - Cardinal Filoni: "The announcement ad gentes is part of the responsibility that all the particular Churches have toward Christ"
- 2014-02-04 - Cardinal Filoni to Brazilian Bishops: The II Vatican Council and the missionary dimension of the Church
- 2014-02-03 - 50 years since the II Vatican Council: missionary commitment, consecrated life, episcopal ministry of Bishops
- 2014-01-23 - Prisons do not re-educate and are in crisis: intervention of the Archbishop of Rio