AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Bishops: Catholic communities in the front line against human trafficking
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Pastoral workers, social animators, teachers and researchers are called to be in the "front line" for the serious phenomenon of human trafficking: With this goal, the Episcopal Commission for "Charity, Justice and Peace", in the Bishops’ Conference of Brazil (CNBB) has launched a working group specifically dedicated to this problem, which has strong implications even at a pastoral level. In a process of discernment and development of appropriate strategies, the Commission organized a seminar entitled "The role of the Church and society in the fight against human trafficking" which ends today, November 9, in Brasilia. As reported in a note sent to Fides, the aim of the Seminar was to form "multiplier agents" and educators who will have to work during the "Fraternity Campaign" next year, which will be devoted entirely to the issue. The theme will be, in fact, "Fraternity and human trafficking" under the slogan: "For freedom Christ has set us free" (Gal 5:1).
The Campaign consists of raising awareness, formation and prayer, organized at all levels in the Brazilian Church, in order to better understand the phenomenon of human trafficking, its causes and roots, and to prepare for "pastoral agents" that are to be antennas in communities engaged in this fight. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/11/2013)
- 2014-12-15 - cultural immersion before the mission
- 2014-12-02 - In Haiti, the needs are still so many, the commitment of the religious women of Brazil continues
- 2014-11-24 - There are now 500 thousand signatures which have been collected for the Democratic Political Reform
- 2014-11-20 - Support of the Church with regards to the formation of political consciousness for democratic reform
- 2014-10-27 - Beatification of the co-founder of the Scalabrinians: "May the whole Church be missionary of truth, mother Assunta did it"
- 2014-10-27 - Dilma Rousseff re-elected President with a narrow margin: she will have to face recession, corruption and discontent
- 2014-10-24 - AMERICA/BRAZIL – Bishops’ statement: "No backtrack on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples"
- 2014-09-24 - Missionary Campaign 2014: One cannot combat human trafficking without combatting poverty and inequality
- 2014-09-18 - Elections of October 5: corruption enters the electoral debate
- 2014-09-17 - Join forces for joint action: establishment of the "Red Eclesial Pan-Amazon"