AMERICA/BRAZIL - The Bishops: Catholic communities in the front line against human trafficking
Brasilia (Agenzia Fides) - Pastoral workers, social animators, teachers and researchers are called to be in the "front line" for the serious phenomenon of human trafficking: With this goal, the Episcopal Commission for "Charity, Justice and Peace", in the Bishops’ Conference of Brazil (CNBB) has launched a working group specifically dedicated to this problem, which has strong implications even at a pastoral level. In a process of discernment and development of appropriate strategies, the Commission organized a seminar entitled "The role of the Church and society in the fight against human trafficking" which ends today, November 9, in Brasilia. As reported in a note sent to Fides, the aim of the Seminar was to form "multiplier agents" and educators who will have to work during the "Fraternity Campaign" next year, which will be devoted entirely to the issue. The theme will be, in fact, "Fraternity and human trafficking" under the slogan: "For freedom Christ has set us free" (Gal 5:1).
The Campaign consists of raising awareness, formation and prayer, organized at all levels in the Brazilian Church, in order to better understand the phenomenon of human trafficking, its causes and roots, and to prepare for "pastoral agents" that are to be antennas in communities engaged in this fight. (CE) (Agenzia Fides 09/11/2013)
- 2015-04-15 - Report of the Pastoral Commission for Land: Homicides in the rural area increase
- 2015-04-13 - First missionary experience of fifty young men and women religious in the Amazon
- 2015-04-09 - Twelve million people live in favelas: educational projects for children
- 2015-04-01 - The Bishops' of Paranà: "We too suffer with the people ..."
- 2015-03-18 - Report on conflicts over water in Brazil: 42 000 families involved
- 2015-03-05 - A march for Women's Day in Brasilia:"Religions for women's rights"
- 2015-02-25 - Mobilization for political Reform and transparent elections continues
- 2015-02-18 - Fraternity Campaign 2015 starts today, theme "Brotherhood: Church and Society "
- 2015-02-16 - Ten years ago the assassination of Sr Dorothy Stang, a seed which is bearing copious fruit
- 2015-02-06 - Missionary organizations at work in 2015: Permanent formation and suburbs